Is it okay to write Twilight fan fiction?

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Is it okay to write Twilight fan fiction?

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Hi, I was wondering if the Lex has a place to post Twilight fanfiction and if it is okay to write fanfic? I don't want to infringe on copyright laws, and I just see fanfic as an enjoyable way to continue the story in my imagination and share thoughts about the characters' lives with other fans. Thanks. :)
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Is it okay to write Twilight fan fiction?

Post by Openhome »

Hi there Jacob's Girl!
I thought I might take a swing at your question quickly here.
The Lex has several Forums supporting fanfiction writers, readers, and fans. These can all be found in The Twilight Zoneforum. The Lex does not have a place to post fanfiction itself.
Fanfiction is legal to post but illegal to publish, so as long as you simply want to post on either fanfiction.net or Twilighted.net or any other fanfiction site, that is perfectly fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Is it okay to write Twilight fan fiction?

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Openhome wrote:Hi there Jacob's Girl!
I thought I might take a swing at your question quickly here.
The Lex has several Forums supporting fanfiction writers, readers, and fans. These can all be found in The Twilight Zoneforum. The Lex does not have a place to post fanfiction itself.
Fanfiction is legal to post but illegal to publish, so as long as you simply want to post on either fanfiction.net or Twilighted.net or any other fanfiction site, that is perfectly fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.
Thanks Openhome. That's good to know and I'll check out the link.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)