Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

New Moon movie--liked it, but didn't like this scene/line

Post by bac »

If you liked the movie, but wished they had done a certain scene or line differently, then post your comments here.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: New Moon movie--liked it, but didn't like this scene/line

Post by switzgal »

I will start this post since I asked for it..

1. I did not like the scene where Bella jumps on the stranger's motorcycle. That didn't need to happen. They should've just stuck to the book.

2. I didn't like the "Hey biceps" line.. MS and her stupid lines!

3. I didn't like that Bella said "I love you" to Jacob. While I'm a Jacob girl, Bella doesn't realize that she loves Jacob until Eclipse. I know she said "he'll always be the one" after that but still. Maybe she should've just said " Jacob, you're my best friend, I care about you."

4. I didn't like the part where Jacob had to talk to Bella over Alice in the car when they were about to leave for Italy. I mean, couldn't they have had Jacob on Bella's window???

5. WHen Jacob said "Did it again, didn't I?" (when they were in Bella's kitchen) Bella didn't look like she was sad. She was suppose to be crying, but she just looked mad at Jacob not sad that she has to choose to leave her friend.

I'll think of more but I haven't seen the movie for a while. I've only seen it 3 times.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ I totally agree with you...
all those points were on my list as well

I also didn't like Bella hitting Paul.... I'm every much looking forward to the scene from Eclipse where she breaks her hand hitting Jake...well now I have my doubts if it will be in it at all....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
xx-topaz
Wandering Through Town

Post by xx-topaz »

^^ agreed, i feel like maybe if they put the scene in where Bella breaks her hand they'll make her punch him...with Paul it was more of a slap right...maybe that was their reasoning.

disliked the scenes with Bella screaming in her sleep, I thought it was a little TOO dramatic, i never pictured it that way.
About time somebdy scored around here - Emmett Cullen<3
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Yeah I didn't like the part where Bella hit Paul. I was like, I thought it would hurt???
The only other part I didn't like was when Demetri was holding Alice with one hand by the neck, even though in Eclipse, she was a really good fighter. It didn't make sense to me.

Other than those two things, I loved it.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
bloodlust angeles
Settled in Forks

Post by bloodlust angeles »

the reunion scene
i really wish they'd stuck to the book in this one in particular because I loved how Bella refused Edward to kiss her at first and how she thought she was dreaming.......... Charlie yalling at Edward when they arrived home
it was all a lot better in the book
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^I agree with you on the reunion scene. That was the one scene that was the BIGGEST disappointment to me. I was most looking forwad to seeing that & REALLY wish it had been closer to the book.

I agree with at the end Bella telling Jacob she loved him. Eeewww That's supposed to come in Eclipse!

I didn't like Bella telling Edward to shut up during the vote. That just seemed out of character to me & I just didn't like it. Plus I miss hearing Edward try to sway the others with his idea.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

bloodlust angeles wrote:the reunion scene
i really wish they'd stuck to the book in this one in particular because I loved how Bella refused Edward to kiss her at first and how she thought she was dreaming.......... Charlie yalling at Edward when they arrived home
it was all a lot better in the book
I think the Charlie yelling at edward bit is on the dvd... i saw pictures of it online yesterday...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

They left all the good quotes out of the reunion scene. Like the "blackest blasephmy" and "meteor" ones. And it never seemed like Bella was unsure if Edward still loved her. like she was in the book. And I overall wasnt impressed with thats scene.

Jake didnt say his patronizing "sure, sure" once. Thats like his signature line. I was pretty mad.

Extremely minor, but I would have liked to see Edward running with Bella on his back. Like to his house or something for the vote.

Those are pretty much my only complaints, so hey, I guess thats pretty good.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
qrwolf
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by qrwolf »

I liked the movie as a whole, but the one really big thing that got under my skin was the fact that Bella never mentioned to Edward that she'd been hearing his voice and then finally saw his apparition at the cliff jump. I was looking forward to his reaction to that.

There were also other things I didn't care for like the car ride back from his house never happened. The proposal didn't happen anywhere NEAR the woods. Jake was still there and I feel he could've heard it in the movie.

Oh and then of course there's always the quote in my sig. :x

I understand about time constraints and all when making and editing a movie, but they could've kept closer to the book on at least just those few things.
Image "...You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you."~ Edward Cullen