Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon--Favorite scenes in the movie

Post by footloose »

hmm this is hard cos i love the movie as a whole and most of the scenes are memorable. But I like EB breakup scene (Kristen totally portrays Bella's disbelief and angst here), most of Bella's scenes with Jacob (maybe because Taylor is such a great Jacob and Kristen seems so natural interacting with him), the Meadow scene with Laurent (again, just as i imagined it in the book), the scenes in Swan's house with Alice and Jacob, the ending scene when Edward and Jacob nearly fights and Edward proposes to Bella (Rob is dazzling as Edward). But my utmost favorite scene gotta be the cliff-diving scene when Bella actually smiles when Edward tells her not to jump, then tells him that it's because he won't stay with her any other way. Kristen REALLY personalizes Bella in this scene and I'm happy :D

ETA: oh yeah also love Jasper and Emmet's scenes/lines. Glad they found a way to sneak in the information on Jasper's ability somewhere.
twilight_luva_4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight_luva_4eva »

Jacob and Bella in the rain! HE IS SOO HOTT IN DAT SCENE!
All the wolf scenes! They were awesome!
The vote. It was even better to see Bella win the vote on screen!
Cliff diving scene! It rocked! Though it was a bit weird how Edward was upside down in the water... lol
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

My favourite scene in whole movie was wolfs chasing Victoria... music was perfect, filming was great and Rachelle looked great as Victoria (her red eyes were perfect) and it's such a shame she's not in eclipse... (btw I like bryce but i'm not sure she could handle victoria)
and other scene i really loved was Bella and Laurent on the meadow...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Looks like it will be leaving the theatre soon. I better go see it one last time. :D
Banner by TammyAZ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I have a question: does anyone know what scene the Muse song "I Belong to You" is played? I can't remember.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

pennybug84 wrote:I have a question: does anyone know what scene the Muse song "I Belong to You" is played? I can't remember.
I Belong To You - Bella is in her truck after she tells Charlie she is going out with Jessica
Banner by TammyAZ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

sweetpea wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:I have a question: does anyone know what scene the Muse song "I Belong to You" is played? I can't remember.
I Belong To You - Bella is in her truck after she tells Charlie she is going out with Jessica
Thank you! It's been bugging me for weeks since the last time I saw the movie.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
pinkmoon
Settled in Forks

Post by pinkmoon »

Favourite scene - the camera panning around Bella in the chair for three months. The song and the imagery were to me, amazing. Also the vampire fight scene in Volterra, and the scene of Bella drowning with Edward hanging beside her, then the way her arm trailed through his image as Jacob pulled her out. Amazing!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My favorite was actually when Bella stops Edward from going into the sun and they have their little reunion before the Volturi came. Even though it wasn't like the book, it was a really great moment and just beautiful.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
just2whitennerdy
Settled in Forks
Location: Watching you through a hole in your wall. (A hole that I drilled, of course.)

Post by just2whitennerdy »

SO. I have two. Bear with me. I'll try to make it short.

Jacob: The scene where Jacob tells Bella they can't be friends, and it's raining, you can see the rain evaporating as it hits his shoulders, and it just adds so much to the look on his face. It's so sad and beautiful! (And wow, I have not sounded like this in a long time...) There's another scene similar to this--the one where Jacob and Edward are standing across from each other at the end of the movie. Jacob's breath comes out in clouds (because he's so much warmer than the air around him), while Edward's does not (because he is colder). The fact that the director paid attention to that detail amazed me.

Aro: I don't know how many people noticed, but when Aro is doing his "I can see into your mind when I touch your hand" thing, he looks sort of creepy. But not in the way intended. More in a creepy/funny way. (It probably didn't help that my friend decided to mention something about a hand fetish as he was stroking Edward's hand, but hey, it made me laugh, so...)