Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Re: New Moon hair, make-up, wigs, costumes

Post by twilightnewbie »

RebeccaCullen wrote:

Loved the contact colours this time around and the fact that the camera didn't have to be right in the actors face to show the colour. Only wished that Alice had black eyes when she visited Bella, and that Edward had black eyes when they were in Italy, and well, I wish the Guard had more of a darker red then what was shown because they had the humans come into feed on... yeah, still complain' about they eye colour.

Make up was so much better this time around. Only thing bugging me is Rob's lips looking like he has lipstick on.
Agree about Rob's lips, they need to tone down the red. But I totally disagree regarding the Cullen's eye color, the golden color was way too pronounced, they would never pass for humans like that. Twilight got that part better, it was more subdued and believable.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
arnaras
Settled in Forks

Post by arnaras »

twilightnewbie wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:

Loved the contact colours this time around and the fact that the camera didn't have to be right in the actors face to show the colour. Only wished that Alice had black eyes when she visited Bella, and that Edward had black eyes when they were in Italy, and well, I wish the Guard had more of a darker red then what was shown because they had the humans come into feed on... yeah, still complain' about they eye colour.

Make up was so much better this time around. Only thing bugging me is Rob's lips looking like he has lipstick on.
Agree about Rob's lips, they need to tone down the red. But I totally disagree regarding the Cullen's eye color, the golden color was way too pronounced, they would never pass for humans like that. Twilight got that part better, it was more subdued and believable.

I agree that their eye color, while lovely, would never pass for human. But then again, neither would their paleness, even though the makeup artists were trying to go for natural this time around. I will give the makeup department props for learning to blend past the jawline; in Twilight, it was painful to see such an obvious mask of white on the vampires' faces.

No matter what they do, in my mind, they're never going to get most of the cast to look how they're described in the book. Hate me as you will, but I haven't jumped on the fan-girl bandwagon. I still think that most of the cast is poorly cast.
Twilight-fan868
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight-fan868 »

Rob's lipstick was horrible. It was right up there with the lipstick he was wearing in the bio scene in the first movie when their looking at the mitosis slides. They were wearing the same lipstick in that scene.

I agree the Cullen contacts were a bit much. The one scene were they showed Esme up close at the end she almost looked possessed.

Jasper is a lost cause in the wig department. Poor Jackson. Those people don't know what to do with his hair
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I much preferred Jaspers and Rosalies hair (or should I say wigs?) in Twilight, and something didn't look quite right about Esme although I think it's because we got used to the way they looked in Twilight and due to changes of director etc there were bound to be changes in styles.
I much preferred Edwards look in New Moon (even if the lippy was ever so slightly OTT ;) ), he looked far more like the Edward I had imagined when I'd read the books, ie mature enough to look manly but youthful enough to get away with being in high school. His hair was much better too, more like the bronze it was supposed to be.
wcabrera
Settled in Forks

Post by wcabrera »

I like Edwards Hair n makeup best in Twilight. In New Moon his Hair is more flat and longer and on the Eclipse Trailer it looks pretty much the same flat and long....I hope they change the original style back.......
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

wcabrera wrote:I like Edwards Hair n makeup best in Twilight. In New Moon his Hair is more flat and longer and on the Eclipse Trailer it looks pretty much the same flat and long....I hope they change the original style back.......
HIs hair didn't bother me in NM but his make up sure did. In eclipse final trailer they look like the fluffed his hair up. I don't know why they like to that.
Banner by TammyAZ