Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

New Moon hair, make-up, wigs, costumes

Post by bac »

A place to discuss the hair styles, make-up, wigs, clothes, costumes, etc. in New Moon.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
wig4usc
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon hair, make-up, wigs, costumes

Post by wig4usc »

I loved the hair a lot more this time around. I thought KStew's makeup was flawless, loved it. For me...the Cullens were maybe a little too pale...and the eyes, well, better than Twilight, but maybe too gold?? I don't know.....

And, it really bugged me that they didn't make Edward's eyes dark in Italy. Seems pretty major, I mean they made sure to give him dark circles and look worn out...but there he was with bright gold eyes. Oopsy!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Yeah, I hoped Edward's haggard look in Italy would be explained somehow, other than the obvious "he's grieving for Bella." No black eyes, no explanation for the return of the golden eyes. If you didn't know SM's mythology, you wouldn't know what was going on. And as I posted elsewhere, Rosalie and Jasper need improvements for Eclipse as far as hair/wigs go. And I didn't care for Esme's new hairstyle. She's described as an ingenue out of the silent screen era, and her look in Twilight fit that much better. And am I the only one who keeps looking for the bronze color in Edward's hair?

Thankfully, TPTB didn't make the actors who played the wolves go barefoot while shooting the human scenes. I noticed they weren't barefoot, immediately realized the impracticality of that and dismissed the inconsistency.

I was disappointed with most of Alice's wardrobe. Someone could have done a better job. And whatever Carlisle was wearing during the voting scene made him look rotund.

Will someone please explain to me why Edward has such red lips in some scenes? I understand lipstick on women, especially fashion conscious women. His lips are extremely red for a male, in my view. At this point, I'm writing it off in my mind as part of the whole "we're attractive to our prey" thing.
Last edited by theotherStephanie on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Thanx for this thread.... because I have to get something of my chest....

I HATED Rosalie's wig........ I thought see didn't look as pretty as she should be and Yesterday I found out why...
her hair looks so unnatural so fake, it's not even funny....

What I really liked, were the contacts..... although there was a slip up to give edward golden eyes in Voltera.... the eyes overall were perfect...

I loved alice's clothes although I think the alice in the book wouldn't have worn something like that....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

I didn't like Jasper's hair. The eyes looked a bit extreme to me, like I said in another thread is there not a happy medium between Twilight and New Moon? Another thing is Edward's lips, the other male vamps aren't as red stained as his why do they make his look worse? Wait Aro's were pretty bad too. Loved Bella's outfits. They looked really good on Kristen. I like how they had Rob in the beginning he looked normal after that too dressy.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Can I burn the wig Nikki had to wear? It was worse, IMO, then her constant changing hair in the first one.

Loved the contact colours this time around and the fact that the camera didn't have to be right in the actors face to show the colour. Only wished that Alice had black eyes when she visited Bella, and that Edward had black eyes when they were in Italy, and well, I wish the Guard had more of a darker red then what was shown because they had the humans come into feed on... yeah, still complain' about they eye colour.

Make up was so much better this time around. Only thing bugging me is Rob's lips looking like he has lipstick on.
kerry211
Settled in Forks

Post by kerry211 »

I know Nikki Reid didn't want to dye her hair but that wig was just awful and incredibly fake looking. It's such a shame because she's such a pretty girl and that wig made her look downright frumpy and not at all how stunning Rosalie should look.

Same goes for Alice's wardrobe through most of it. The only outfit of Alice's I really liked was for the birthday party, the scarves were just not Alice like { or not the Alice I've always envisaged} and most of her outfits looked big and baggy. Carlisle's were nearly as bad, I know he's meant to be the father figure of the Cullens but he's also meant to look like a greek god.

I thought overall the make up and contacts worked much better than they did in Twilight. Kristen's in particular was lovely and really suited her. Robs lips could have been a little paler but to be honest I was too busy listening to the gorgeous words coming out of them
ImageImage[/img]
Twilight is my obsession..my horses, my other passion!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

kerry211 wrote:I know Nikki Reid didn't want to dye her hair but that wig was just awful and incredibly fake looking. It's such a shame because she's such a pretty girl and that wig made her look downright frumpy and not at all how stunning Rosalie should look.

Same goes for Alice's wardrobe through most of it. The only outfit of Alice's I really liked was for the birthday party, the scarves were just not Alice like { or not the Alice I've always envisaged} and most of her outfits looked big and baggy. Carlisle's were nearly as bad, I know he's meant to be the father figure of the Cullens but he's also meant to look like a greek god.

I thought overall the make up and contacts worked much better than they did in Twilight. Kristen's in particular was lovely and really suited her. Robs lips could have been a little paler but to be honest I was too busy listening to the gorgeous words coming out of them
That exactly why I hated the Mr. Rogers/Old Man's button sweater thingy he was wearing at the end with the scarf.

I get Nikki not wanting to dye her hair, and she doesn't look good blonde IMO, but come on the wig was disturbing even on her.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I didn't mind Jaspers wig as much as I thought I would be...
but seeing that both Rosalie and Jaspers wig don't look reall I'm a bit afraid for Bella in Eclipse seeing kristen used a wig there...

oh and I loved Carlisle, but he doesn't look completely like zeus younger brother.... he looks hotter than that... :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I've forgotten to pay attention to this little detail, but after watching Twilight again a couple days ago, I was reminded. Except for the birthday party scene where both Alice and Rosalie had their necklaces, were any of the Cullens wearing their crest jewelry pieces in any of the scenes they were in? I know Edward had long sleeves on during the majority of his appearances. In the "big reveal" at the clock tower, I don't remember seeing that he had his wristband on. Or Emmett at any time, for that matter. Sigh, I'll just have to watch again!
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!