Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pinkmoon
Settled in Forks

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by pinkmoon »

Jazz Girl wrote: PinkMoon~ The hunting scene was a way to meld two scenes in the novel into one in the movie to speed up the pace a little and to insert certain ideas and pieces into the film in a way that fit in the pacing. Melissa Rosenberg came up with the original idea, Chris Weitz refined it, and, as with all major storyline changes in The Twilight Saga, SM approved it. I agree that it was an absolutely fantastic way to do it. I love that scene. And Thom Yorke's Hearing amage in the background just completes the whole thing.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense, for some reason I just couldn't stop thinking about it and wondering how it came about. I really love how it came together, and it wasa nice way to condense it down. I reread the book and there was a lot of pages between those two scenes.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I'll hopefully be able to see New Moon soon, as it'll come out at the local Dollar Theatre in the next week or two. Expect a review when I see it.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Im looking forward to the release of NM on DVD next month yay :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I've finally seen New Moon today, and here's what I have to say. I have to admit that I was entertained though out. I feel that it didn't deviate too far from the book as far as telling the story. I actually feel that it stuck to the story better than Twilight.

Of course, I'm most impressed with Kristen. She never ceases to impress me. It kind of recalls Speak in a way, as she plays the same depressed, tramatized type of character. Granted, the cause of the trauma is different(in Speak, Melinda was a date rape victim, while Bella had her heart broken by a good intentioned boyfriend who should've found a different way to try and protect her). Only thing that I'm a little critical of is that Kristen seems in general to be type cast as the very serious, often depressed or cynical teen girls/young ladies. It suits her, but I think that even she has gotten a little tired of it(hence the films The Runaways and Welcome to the Rileys). But it was still impressive, especially the break up scene with Edward(I got the sense that like the book that Bella wanted to cry, but was so shocked that she couldn't) and the scene where Bella slapped Paul(not in the book, but still kinda funny in a way).

I had fun and enjoyed the film, and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

3 weeks till NM comes out on DVD in the UK! yay
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

funkidiva wrote:3 weeks till NM comes out on DVD in the UK! yay
i'm not happy since Australia doesn't get it until the 14th of April.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

funkidiva wrote:3 weeks till NM comes out on DVD in the UK! yay
I so don't want to know this.... it means that my BDAY is a few days later, and I don't want to get old....
Maybe I should find a vampire boyfriend.... :P

No, but I can't believe it's only 3 weeks left.......wow... can't wait for the specials...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Its annoying/frustrating how things get released at different times throughout the world. So Australia is 3 weeks after the UK then.

How old will you be Marielle?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

funkidiva wrote:Its annoying/frustrating how things get released at different times throughout the world. So Australia is 3 weeks after the UK then.

How old will you be Marielle?

27 :cry: I'm really getting to close to 30........
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

funkidiva wrote:Its annoying/frustrating how things get released at different times throughout the world. So Australia is 3 weeks after the UK then.
i don't know why we have to wait an extra 3 weeks considering New Moon came out in theatres in Australia a day before it was released in American theatres.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight