Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dragon620026
Settled in Forks

Re: New moon special effects

Post by dragon620026 »

I actually love all the new moon effects. I really wish that Twilight would have had the funds to make with good effects like this in New Moon. I really wonder how different everything would have turned out. But I'm grateful now that they made a lot of money in order to improve the effects in New Moon. I actually feel that the movie will be more intense because of the effects. Still, so long as they follow the book everything else is cool with me. Speaking of which, I never really got that whole "spidermonkey" line. I really never liked it. Like, really, Spidermonkey? I don't know maybe it's just me.

Nevertheless, I'm so excited!!!
.:Saga the Twilight Pony:.
Currently On Ebay 11/07/09 - 11/14/09
Search at eBay for "Saga the Twilight Pony" or "150387073926"
Brumfondl
Settled in Forks

Post by Brumfondl »

Got back from a midnight screening of NM about 80 minutes ago. I have to say that while the CGI was great where the vampires were concerned, it really rather sucked in regards to the werewolves. I found that they looked horribly fake and I think that the wolves actually looked better in the first trailer. Maybe they would look ok on a TV but on a cinema screen, oh dear :(
Brumfondl - not a Team player...

Sarcasm is only the lowest form of wit if you aren't very good at it!
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

No, I liked the wolves! They had their flaws but I think it's the best we could get!

My favorite thing about the special effects was, I think the same effect Chris Weitz used in The Golden Compass for the death of the deamons, that sort of "sand blown in the wind" effect that they used both for Bella's visions of Edward and around the edges of the vampires to give the speed effect.

The glowing diamonds on the skin were so much better too! But still not as I imagined them in my head.
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Brumfondl wrote:Got back from a midnight screening of NM about 80 minutes ago. I have to say that while the CGI was great where the vampires were concerned, it really rather sucked in regards to the werewolves. I found that they looked horribly fake and I think that the wolves actually looked better in the first trailer. Maybe they would look ok on a TV but on a cinema screen, oh dear :(
I must respectfully disagree. :) I think they did an amazing job with the wolves. They were exactly as I pictured them while reading NM. They are supposed to resemble dogs because they are wolves. Jacob's russet wolf was the perfect combination between scary monster and loveable pet. OMG...the last scene when he leaves...heartbreaking!
I am soooo in favor of Chris Weitz directing BD!! He is a genius! Even MR has redeemed herself a little bit with NM...the screen writing was actually pretty good. Loved some of the one-liners!
Overall...this movie is light years above Twilight! I can't wait to go back on Saturday, and again on Sunday! :D
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

OMG the effects was superb! It's worth every scent of their budget.
Especially the effects on how the vampires died, the crack thingie. EPIC!!!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

When I saw the first full shot of sam-wolf I had my doubts, but that soon disappeared...

I loved the wolfs.. the fursplosions were great....

the sparkling was good...

I think the speciall effect guy from HP and the order of the pheonix... and New moom were the same... the fight between edward and Felix... looked a lot like the fight between deatheaters and Ootp wizards.. technically I mean... same technics are used to make things look like it's going really fast...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

The fight between Jacob and Paul was freaking AMAZING... and the fight between Felix and Edward rocked too.
ravenwing110
Settled in Forks

Post by ravenwing110 »

I think the way the vampires moved was much better than Twilight.
And the fight at the end, when Edward's face cracked, was so cool. I could never really imagine the whole "they're stone!" thing, but that helped a lot.
And I liked the wolves. People I've talked to say they're too big, but in my head they were actually bigger.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

They did an amazing job with the CGI, I'm impressed.

Robert's stupid sparkling still looked totally gay, of course, but it was better done than Twilight. Thankfully.

The wolves- OHMAHFREAKINGGOODNESS. See, this is why I've always liked werewolves over vampires, starting with Sirius (I know, he's an Animagi, not a werewolf, but oh well) and Lupin, and now the Pack. THEY ARE SO BADARSE COOL! The Paul vs Jacob fight was brilliantly done, I think I drooled more in that scene than in any other. I am sooooo incredibly jealous, you've no idea. And their phasing was well done too. I enjoyed screaming "ESPLODEEE!" whenever they did it.

My one problem with the Robert vs Felix fight- what the heck happened to Edward's super mindreading advantage? Though I did enjoy seeing him get his butt whooped, that simply shouldn't have happened! Otherwise, twas cool.
Someone needs to suggest Robert to some new exfoliant type stuff though, if his skin is cracking like that. ;)

About all the vampires eyes- weren't they like, Super!FWAPOW? :shock: <Literally, those eyes just with funky colors? It was extremely disconcerting. They must be on drugs.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The sparkley vampire was done so much better this time around. (Loved that the sound was ditched.)

The wolves were great, and the edging around the vamps when they ran was a lot like I had pictured it.