General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Post by vampyre_princess »

I think true love does exist, but I think it is really hard to find, I believe that everyone has a soulmate as well, but I don’t think everyone finds them. I fall in love too easily, but I think that I have not found true love or my soulmate yet, s that explains why I get hurt so much, I think that when I find my true love or soulmate I will realise it and not get hurt… but I think it will be a while till I find them!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

vampyre_princess wrote:I think true love does exist, but I think it is really hard to find, I believe that everyone has a soulmate as well, but I don’t think everyone finds them. I fall in love too easily, but I think that I have not found true love or my soulmate yet, s that explains why I get hurt so much, I think that when I find my true love or soulmate I will realize it and not get hurt… but I think it will be a while till I find them!
Speaking from experience...and a tad from a guy's point of view...i don't think true love is something you search for...true love is something that finds you...but don't fret about being hurt, i know it sucks because i've been there before (i'm sure we all have)...but it is a part of life, and an unavoidable one at that...the good thing is, and which has been made obvious with some of the stories from this thread, true love is out there...and attainable...

And just to throw a stick into the fire because I haven't read this thread in a while (and this is more of a defend my sex than a response to anyone's post...because no one has been hating on guys any which makes me happy...but a few of my friends seem to think all men are jerks)...guys are just like girls in that everyone of us wants to find someone who can make everything seem right in our lives..Keep up the discussions :)
ImageImageImageImage
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

My grandma loved my grandpa. A lot. And when he fell from their second floor porch balcony and died, a part of her died too. She never got over it, spent the rest of her life bathed in regret.

The last picture they took together is something that only happens in movies.

It was taken Memorial Day weekend, and it was of the two of them dancing together at a wedding, holding each other and smiling happily at the camera.

It was the only picture in the entire roll of film from that day that developed.

Every other picture came out black.

My grandfather fell the next day.

So yes, true love exists.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
inlovewithvamps
Settled in Forks

Post by inlovewithvamps »

The Architect wrote:True Love does not exist, its just a bunch of fancifull arts students daydreaming over something that can never exist.

No one will ever love you unquestionably and be undeniably yours forever, love is an action as long as you keep acting love out you will love the person. But once you stop acting out love, you will notice you just dont care about that person.

TA
I think true love definitely does exist. :) This whole idea that most people never "find" it is a bunch of hogwash. I think that if two people decide amongst themselves that they want to have incredible relationship that only most dream about, that's their decision. They can very well live their dreams of the perfect true love relationship if they want...because the only people stopping them from having it is themselves. The guy could be like: "Honey I'm going to treat you like a Queen for the rest of our lives", and he'll do it if he really wanted to. Same thing for the girl. She could be the perfect wife for him by listening to his needs and fulfilling them - The reason that most people don't achieve this "ideal" relationship is because they're lazy, and feel that it's "too hard" to put so much work into someone that means so much to you. Hopefully all of the girls and guys on this board will get the opportunity to have everything they've ever wanted in a relationship and more. :)
Human or vampire? Decide Bella's fate! Vote: http://ow.ly/2kL5B
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Wow, a lot of different ideas about love on here. I will have to say that imo true love exists. I believe that true love is something you have to work at though. I personally don't believe in love at first sight b/c I feel like love is something that has to grow. I think paternal/maternal love is the only thing that can happen at first sight. When parents see their new baby for the first time I truly believe they love them completely. But the whole "see someone across the room and just know" love at first sight I don't believe in. If you do and/or it's happened to you then kudos and I truly am happy for you.

In my experience though I didn't love my husband the first time I saw him. I was 18 and had thought I had been in love before only to later realize it was just infatuation and nothing really meaningful. When I met my husband we were just hanging out at a mutual friends house and they introduced us. We are both EXTREMELY goofy ppl so of course we hit it off right away but I couldn't really see myself dating him. We all hung out for awhile and eventually he asked me out. I had gotten to know him pretty well and thought he was a really funny guy, completely different than the "bad boy/losers" I had been dating. I decided to give him a chance and we started dating. Four years later we were married this past Oct. Love is something you have to work at everyday. You have to make a concious decision to deal with your problems together and do whatever it takes to make it work.

I feel like he is my true love though. I don't have any scientific proof or hard core evidence. All I have are my feelings and I know that he is the one I'm supposed to be with. I know this because he's the person who can make me feel better no matter what. He makes me want to be a better person and I feel like I am when I'm with him. I can be myself around him and not have to worry about being judged because I know he'll love me no matter what. I also can hold grudges FOREVER and when I get in an argument I will argue for days rather than admit I'm wrong but with him I can't stay mad for very long before I'm willing to back down and say I'm sorry (whether it's my fault or not) just to make up with him. I think true love is finding that person who loves you unconditionally, treats you wonderfully, and makes you a better person.

I think this quote from Juno pretty much says what I'm trying to say lol: "Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your butt. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
selle
Settled in Forks

Post by selle »

Does true love exist? Gosh I could write for days :D
But I'll try to be short :D

Well, a lot of people don't believe in it cuz they aren't find their "better half" or true love. One of those singles.. well I am too, but... I believe that all of us will meet our "Mr or Ms Right". No, I'm not talking about Prince(ss) Charming, but about normal guys/girls. Even if I have been disappointed in love so so so many times, I believe that one day we will all meet our Edwards and Bellas. I also think that Steph tried to back faith in true love to people. Well, in my case, she reminded me that big things come when you don't expect them. So as true love :)
*Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs.*
madness_falls
Wandering Through Town

Post by madness_falls »

I'm definitely a believer in true love. I think that there's one person out there for everyone that is your true love. That person will be your perfect match, probably as close to imprinting as you can in reality. That's the best explanation that I can come with at the moment. Not necessarily an instant "OMG I'm going to marry this person" reaction, but more of a thing where you instantly get along with them? It's hard to explain to me because it's incredibly detailed in my head. (woo for redundancy) That person is going to put up with everything, as long as it's not putting you in harms way. They look past your flaws completely.
However, I do believe that you can find love after you've lost your true love (after death or whatever.)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

remember True love is not something you need to work for. Kind of like an old favorite pair of shoes or jeans that fit just right. No Decisions just comfort. That is why it is often mistaked or even more often over looked. While many have their eyes on the sky for Prince/ss charming to come in ans sweap them off their feet they let fates true love slpi by. That person that is always there for you, that loves you for you and fits in your life like that old pair of jeans. That's true love. The rest is a fantacy. Life gives us all a chance, we just have to learn to look for the road signs before we pass up a great thing.

Just some advise from one that has been around the block a few times.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

I think there is something like True Love, I don't think you have to work for it I just think it feels right when you are with the person that is your True Love/Soulmate, if a relationship doesn't feel right and you have to work to get it to feel half right then it's not True Love, I also think that if it's your True Love/Soulmate then you are willing to look past their imperfections and you click together and you understand each other (no matter how crazy one of you might be) you can tell them EVERYTHING even though yu think some of it might scare them off.

I think it can be found,I just don't think everybody finds it, cause lets face it there are many people on this planet and lots of different contries, nationalities, etc. So if someone is lucky enough to find True Love I think they should chreish it and not throw it away.
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I came across this interesting quote related to True Love.

"True love requires action. We can speak of love all day long, we can write notes or poems that proclaim it, sing songs that praise it, and preach sermons that encourage it but until we manifest that love in action, our words are nothing but sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

--Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I agree that true love means that there is action/behavior involved. You can't just sit there and it will happen. You have to treat the other person as if they are the most wonderful thing in the world. And, it is often hard to do that because we are inherintly a selfish people. I think it does take work. However, that work can be a positive thing that we do to reap the rewards of true love or it can be a drudgery that we do and complain about and say that it must mean that it isn't true love. It is all in the attitude.
by Laniyeah on photobucket