Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Bellsuz »

JazzGirl & Twilightnewbie...I totally agree with you about RobWard. I think he hit the nail on the head in every scene!!! The forehead kiss breaksmyheart!!!!!

Perfection. I've seen it twice so far and I'm t-r-y-i-n-g to give myself a break for a couple weeks before I go again. One thing that was a surprise to me personally, was how much I liked Jacob. When reading the books, I really didn't like Jacob until the third book. Taylor really made him into what he needs to be for Bella and I felt so bad for him at the end when he turns and walks away from Bella. Oh, when Bella says..."don't make me choose, because I'll chose him"...that was also heartbreaking (even though she totally does need to pick Edward).

Those 2 scenes...the one with Edward kissing Bella's forehead and the scene at the end were perfect and heartbreaking.

<edit> I haven't had a chance to go back and read what everyone's been saying, so sorry if I'm repeating others!!!!
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I loved Taylor in this movie and he totally made it worth watching and I thought Ashley Greene was awesome, but did anyone else think that the other main actors just didn't pull their weight? KS's Bella was dead (yes, I know she was supposed to be depressed, but she seemed that way in the first film) and RP was barley there and both seemed to phone it in. Billy Burke was great as usual, but his role is so small that he really didn't' get a chance to do much. I know many on here are die-hard KS fan-girls/boys, but she phoned it in on both movies and I hope she does better for Eclipse (I had the same hope for this film, but nada). Before Twilight I had never seen her in anything else but movies she had very minor roles in so I had no previous expectations of her so it's not a case of 'being jealous' or whatnot (that seems to be the usual argument when someone doesn't like KS's performance). When I pay $8+ to see a movie, I want to see actors who put their worth into a role. Yes, I know some cite her being great in past movies (they usually mention Speak or Cake Eaters), but she just wasn't there for either Twilight movie. Did she take this role and then regret it?
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

lady4string ~ Are we talking about the same Bella? Have you even been reading the same books?
Bella was never emotive, or highly animated. She was stiff, shy, introverted and flatly sarcastic. She doesn't have many 'out-there' characteristics. She doesn't smile that often. She doesn't laugh that often.
What do you expect Kstew to do? I think Kristen is spot on with her portrayal of Bella. She understands her. She is her.
And Kristen has said time and bloody time again that she loves these books, and her character. Just because she doesn't play Bella how you want, doesn't mean shes not doing a fantastic job.
Maybe you're so used to all those other 'actresses' (Disney actresses, perhaps?) who are so forced in their acting, and are obviously over-acting, that when you see a gifted and talented real actress like Kristen, who is very serious and intense about Bella, you think she's no good.

But again, I'm still not sure what Bella you're referring too. Cause it certainly isn't the one we're talking about.
I don't know if you're holding a grudge against Kristen, or do not like her for some reason, but do not bring her acting into it.

And did you say that Rob didn't 'pull his weight' because he was 'barely in it'? How the hell is that his fault, and why should he be criticised for it? Rob has improved immensely.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^All I'm going to say is I think Kristen & Rob both did a great job protraying their characters. Rob especially after the incident & during the breakup he was AMAZING! And Kristen I totally got the zombie, depressed Bella from her. And she did change during the Jacob makes me happier times. I thought she was soo much better than in Twilight & I think they both really know their characters & do a great job. I can't wait to see what they bring to Eclipse.

I was all prepared to cry in this movie and for some reason the first time I saw it I didn't, I assume it's because I was too excited and anxsious when I saw it. But the second time I definitely cried. Especially during the breakup and the months montage, it was sooo good & sad at the same time. So that to me shows what a great job CW & KS did for those moments. And even though I hate to admit it I almost cried with the Jacob break up too. (I'm totally a Team Edward girl) I just felt sooo bad for Bella there too.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I was just stating how I felt about the movie. That's all. And I'm not very familiar with many Disney actors' work. I know who some of them are, but haven't really watched them in anything. Regardless, it's all in the eye of the beholder. One person's opinion is not better than the other & I'm entitled to mine.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I'm completely in agreement with Jade on this one. IMO, Kristen was spectacular. Kris could have taken the easily overdone route of portraying Bella's loss and sadness through completely over-the-top tears and wailing. But that wasn't Bella. The kind of sadness and loss and utter misery that Bella experiences take subtlety and grit to truly convey without appearing completely overdone. And she handles it like a master. I was so amazed by her performance.

And, as for Rob, well one word I think sums up his performance in this film...Brazil. It is 6 seconds of silence. But, in those 6 seconds, we see two things. First, we see just how much love and attention CW approached this film with. But, more importantly, we see just how completely and utterly Rob inhabits Edward. We see it all in that moment...his pain, his regret, his fury, his loss and his realization of what a complete idiot he was and also that he'll never be able to fix it. In short, 6 seconds of raw talent and genius.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Jade and Caryn I so totally agree with you on Rob and KStew in New Moon

Brazil....I don't need to say more about rob's performance... or maybe "Heaven"

and for KStew as Bella... I thought she was already to out going... she jumped on the back of a strange biker for crying out loud....!!!!
I did expect Bella to look worse after Edward left her... but hey we are still talking about KStew here, she can look hot in a plastic bag and a mudbath.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

marielle wrote: I did expect Bella to look worse after Edward left her... but hey we are still talking about KStew here, she can look hot in a plastic bag and a mudbath.....
Me too. She just looked.. a bit tired maybe. I was expecting dark under eyes.. paler skin etc..
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The Brazil scene is like a really good piece of cake with a cup of milk, the vision Alice showed Aro was like a can of old aerosol cheese.

KStew, I thought did a better job. I wasn't too pleased with her acting in the first one, and I don't know if that had with the director & script, or if it was just her acting.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

RP I thought was brilliant in both films however I felt Kristen was lacking in some parts. It could be b/c the the script.
Banner by TammyAZ