Bella's Cottage

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Bella's Cottage

Post by -Jasper »

The cottage sounds so nice, it's a great place for Bella, Edward and Nessie to live. I had some trouble picturing Edward in it, but Bella really fits. I think it was a good idea of Esme to buy a house close the the Cullens, and to refurbish and redesign it for them.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

the cottage is freaking cute and i like how its like familyish
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I've really enjoyed looking at the images that have been posted here, but none of them is like I pictured the cottage. I thought it was stone or rock? And it was supposed that have been there for a 100 years and falling apart before Esme and Alice worked their magic.
I loved how SM described it--it seemed very Bella and homey and it blended in with the surrounding nature. I could see the furnishings reflecting various periods and their interests, so I think that Edward would also feel quite at home. He'd be happy anywhere Bella and Renesmee would be anyway!
Laina
Settled in Forks

Post by Laina »

I imagined the cottage to look like a mix between these two. The stone exterior and pretty door of the first, but the shape and setting of the second.

http://z.about.com/d/gouk/1/5/F/1/-/-/E ... ottage.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2290/231 ... d7.jpg?v=0

So pretty :)
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Laina wrote:I imagined the cottage to look like a mix between these two. The stone exterior and pretty door of the first, but the shape and setting of the second.

http://z.about.com/d/gouk/1/5/F/1/-/-/E ... ottage.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2290/231 ... d7.jpg?v=0

So pretty :)
That second one! That's almost perfect.
I haven't seen those before. Thanks for finding them!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

i dunno hey, i picture something like the interior of narnia's 'mr tumnus cottage'. sorry i cnt get a pic :cry: i cant really picture the interior. very confusing to me. :shock:
any1 get any pics of the interior? like bedward's (bella + edward) bedroom? the closet? the backyard?
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lucyth »

4everklutzy wrote:I've really enjoyed looking at the images that have been posted here, but none of them is like I pictured the cottage. I thought it was stone or rock? And it was supposed that have been there for a 100 years and falling apart before Esme and Alice worked their magic.
I loved how SM described it--it seemed very Bella and homey and it blended in with the surrounding nature. I could see the furnishings reflecting various periods and their interests, so I think that Edward would also feel quite at home. He'd be happy anywhere Bella and Renesmee would be anyway!
I agree. :mrgreen:I also see it as made of stone. No fence.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

^ fanfic is so awesome!! (wow I just sounded like a snobby teenager there like totally like awesome LOL.)

I imagined the cottage as something Snow White-ish Stone, with vines and blossoms, but with a modern twist; big, huge closets ect.
ImageImageImage
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

I wanted to discuss the Cullen house but couldn't find a proper thread but I thought it would be okay to bring it up in here out of other places, but if there is a better place let me know.

I really like the Cullen house as described in the books. And I'm very visual when I read so I wanted to picture the house with more detail. Has anyone read this? http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2006/04/ ... len-house/
It's interesting to hear more detail. Has anyone tried to create floor plans of the house? I tried but a couple things didn't add up to me (for example it says Carlisle's office is on the west side of the house, and also says it's above the dinning room but I thought by what I read that the dinning room is on the left side of the house because it is connected to the kitchen which is on the left side of the house). What are your thoughts on how it is laid out? Did you picture it differently?
Also, the couples' "rooms" most likely have beds right? lol

I'm also thinking of trying to do floor plans of the cottage (maybe even the Swan house). If I get any house done I'll post them in here. If that would be allowed.

I hope when Stephenie's official guide come out later this fall that maybe it will have more details and floor plans.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I think the cottage is perfect for the two of them. They can always hang at the big house if they want, but this is their little home nearby. It's perfect. They really don't have need for something large. I imagine being able to curl up around the fire with a good book while Nessie plays on the floor.

PS: Alice, will you please come over and do my closet. :D She def should have played more in the closet.