Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: New Moon movie art

Post by ForJazz926 »

My friend wrote a song inspired by New Moon and put it up on youtube. She has CDs out but this particular song isn't anywhere but youtube. Acoustic/folk music with good lyrics:

DISTRACTIONS

Image Image
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

LOVE that.^^
wow, wish i could sing like you!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

CopperHead wrote:Edward by himself. This took 3 hours of cropping and survived a freeze. *phew!*
That's amazing! I love it! :D
Has anyone seen this poster?
I don't know who made it but it's amazing!

http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com/?g=55113616&cr=5

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
love_is_noise

Post by love_is_noise »

wow, that ones really good, weird but good, i like how it is all distoted, not like it would be seen underwater, but how bella would experience it....does that make sense?
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

debussygirl wrote:
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
navarre wrote:
debussygirl wrote:Has anyone else seen the actual movie art?
I'm torn on it. I love the coloring and stuff, but the body language to me seems so...strange. I don't know. :?
I just watched E!News and they displayed the official poster. If that is the one you are talking about, it is very different from what I thought it would be. Jacob & Bella should be out front - not Edward. New Moon is about Jacob/Bella relationship and that should have been displayed with Rob in the background. Whatever.

Now, the movie has to be fan-frickin-tastic but I hope the poster is not indicative of Summitt putting more of Rob/Edward in the storyline when he is not supposed to be.
I like the way the poster is; Jacob in between Bella and Edward. Edward is out of reach, and he's what Bella wants & Jacob is in between them. it fits. i dont think Edward should be in the back at all. Even though he wasnt physically in New Moon as much, he still played just as big a role as Jacob.
But to me, Jacob is immediate and there for a good part of NM. He's right there in front of you.
But Edward is certainly on everyone's mind, but more in the shadows of the story. I don't think he should be a pinprick in the poster, but to have up front there makes it seem like they'll be following Edward as much (or even more than) Bella and Jacob. It seems blasphemous to me.
i agree. i think they should have had edward in the back somewhere and focused more on jacob & bella. i thought the poster was weird, it wasn't something i expected. it's not bad, i just think it would have fit eclipse more than new moon. :? i feel like they're trying to hard to make edward's role bigger than what it should be.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

ForJazz926 wrote:My friend wrote a song inspired by New Moon and put it up on youtube. She has CDs out but this particular song isn't anywhere but youtube. Acoustic/folk music with good lyrics:

DISTRACTIONS
That was brilliant. :]
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

amethyst wrote:The only thing I like about the poster is that Edward is in the front. New Moon might have Jacob's and Bella's friendship development but the story still remains about Edward and Bella and that is what New Moon is all about--how it is like to be a part from each other. I was actually surprised they put Jacob in the poster with them in the first place, in eclipse? sure. But not New Moon.

I wish the poster had only Bella and Edward. And then another separate one with Jacob and Bella. And that should be it.
I think this movie poster would be perfect for Eclipse -- New Moon is about the tragic separation between Edward and Bella, not the fight between Edward and Jacob. I hope the poster's vibe isn't indicative of the movie . . . :?

Oh well, I'm just happy that we have something official :)
And p.s. I based my latest siggy off the new poster -- here's the link because I tend to change it from time to time . . .
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/twilight-se ... es/6370524
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

While I understand why people are concerned about their being too much Edward in New Moon, I think that the poster is just fine the way it is. I mean, Summit needed to create a poster that will not only please the fans but also make sense to the thousands of people who have only seen the Twilight movie and not read the books. It would have probably been pretty confusing for them to see a poster for the next movie in the saga and have the heroine in the arms a character who played only a minor role in Twilight. I know that if I had seen Twilight and not read the books, then seen a movie poster (which I actually saw up in a theater in San Francisco a couple of days ago :D ) featuring Bella in the arms of someone who wasn't Edward I might not want to watch the next movie. It would seem to defeat the whole romantic storyline set up in Twilight.

If I would have done anything differently it wouldn't have been to remove only Edward from the poster, but Jacob as well. Though the entire Twilight saga is about the love between Bella and Edward and New Moon brings Jacob to the fore in a huge way, I think that out of all of the books in the series, New Moon focuses the most on Bella. The poster could have been especially poignant if she had been alone. Her feeling of abandonment and solitude is kinda the whole point of the book anyway.
JoubertCG
Settled in Forks

RE: New Moon movie art

Post by JoubertCG »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joubertfamily/3569863267/ <--- underwater cliff dive poster inspired by

http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com/?g=55113616&cr=5

Let me know what you think.
love_is_noise

Post by love_is_noise »

i really like how you have edwards face at the surface of the water!
just love it!