Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by xblgirl »

No,what I mean is, I don't like it when characters are replaced period. They're chosen in the beginning and should stay that way unless something urget happens. Good gracious. Even though he had only like, one line, he should've stayed Sam because that's who I remember him as. Oh well, as long as they're getting someone that can play the part uber well, it's all good.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

i just feel really bad for solomon because it would suck to get cast in this awesome movie that could basicaly make your career... only to get replaced.

but honestly, i too didnt even realize he was Sam in twilight (i thought he was quil or embry) and to me i pictured Sam a lot bigger and tougher looking... i just hope they get the right person to play sam and not some big hollywood name just for the star power...
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

In the movie, I didn't even know it was sam, so im not gunna miss him or even notice that they replaced the actor of that role that hes replaced.
I didn't think he fit the role of sam well. (wasn't sam a wolf by then = huge, muscly?)
He looked drunk and sleep anyway.
I expected sam to be angry and sour when mentioning the Cullens
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

I don't think even Sam was a werewolf by then, was he?

The thing that is interesting, is that I did not think there were many actors who were of Native American descent available (this was mentioned somewhere in a magazine talking about Taylor, so it is probably far from reliable), so who exactly would they get to play the role - Lou Diamond Phillips?

I'm not intending to be ignorant, but in Australia there is not a lot of exposure to actors of Native American descent, so if anyone can give some idea of who would be an appropriate actor for the role, rather than, say, a hispanic actor, please educate me.

The point of the post is, if you have someone already assocaited with the film, why replace them (unless their acting ability is not up to scratch)
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Sam actually was a werewolf by then, both in the book and in the movie. Solomon was explaining that he was wearing clothes very inappropriate for the weather (i.e: more suited to the summer) because his character had already changed and had a high body temperature.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

pharmer4 wrote:I don't think even Sam was a werewolf by then, was he?

The thing that is interesting, is that I did not think there were many actors who were of Native American descent available (this was mentioned somewhere in a magazine talking about Taylor, so it is probably far from reliable), so who exactly would they get to play the role - Lou Diamond Phillips?

I'm not intending to be ignorant, but in Australia there is not a lot of exposure to actors of Native American descent, so if anyone can give some idea of who would be an appropriate actor for the role, rather than, say, a hispanic actor, please educate me.

The point of the post is, if you have someone already assocaited with the film, why replace them (unless their acting ability is not up to scratch)
I see your point pharmer4. I also read an article pertaining to them having a tough time finding actors of Native American descent. I also read they were supposedly going to do an open casting call to see if they can find more people that way to fill the roles of all of the tribe members. Solomon seemed extremely dedicated to the role so I'm not sure why they just didn't keep him.
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

SUMMIT JUST SELECTED THE NEW DIRECTOR FOR ECLIPSE!

CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71717/index.html
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

well i like spanish cinematography so i hope this guy does great job but since i haven't seen any of his movies i can't really have any opinion... but what gives me more hope is that he's been working with del toro (and i i totally love his movies, especially pan's labirint)...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

cullenclanfanman wrote:SUMMIT JUST SELECTED THE NEW DIRECTOR FOR ECLIPSE!

CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71717/index.html
didnt the lex blog say this wasnt true?

here: http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/2009 ... d-the-gun/
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Sam actually was a werewolf by then, both in the book and in the movie. Solomon was explaining that he was wearing clothes very inappropriate for the weather (i.e: more suited to the summer) because his character had already changed and had a high body temperature.
He didn't look 'werewolfie' in the movie.
He looked skinny, runty and sleepie :ugeek:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart