General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Volturi and Werewolves

Post by Spartan »

I personally think that Caius hunted down the true Werewolves for vengence and just used safety as an excuse. Whoever wrote about the competition for resources stuff was right though - the other vampires were only willing to go along with it because they want to have more food , or drink in thier case. The true werewolves I imagined were like the ones in Buffy but more regal and with lighter fur - or for another example to those who don't watch Buffy ( which is awsome ) like the wolves from the Icemark Chronicles or The Harry Potter Books ( not films - there's a big difference)

And about Aro and "guard dogs" I think that he was probobly joking but no doubt he did think that it would be cool - however I don't think it would work - it goes against everything the werewolves believe in, they only managed to work with the Cullens because of thier diet and even then they weren't exactly happy. But the volturi kill mercilessly and would provoke the wolves too much and the pack would end up killing themselves in an attempt to destroy the volturi. Plus I doubt Caius would want such an alliance.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
SweetMom
Settled in Forks

Post by SweetMom »

I think Caius was afraid of them seeing how he almost lost to one. I do think its a power thing too.

I took it as Aro mocking them by calling them "guard dogs". They would of eat him in one gulp lol.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

BeautifulVeins wrote:Well I think Edward said something later on, after the confrontation with the Volturi, that a thousand years ago or something Caius had a fight with a werewolf and nearly lost and he's terrified of them, and seeing that the wolves look a lot like the children of the moon, I'm not suprised Caius wasn't happy.
I thought that Aro was kind of just mocking when he called them Guard Dogs...maybe not

I don't think Aro was mocking them, he seems to like controlling people. He would have been more than happy to finally have Bella in his coven because he knew her talent was going to be special. I think if he were able to control the Cullens, he would have gladly forced the werewolves to follow.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

-veiled- wrote:
BeautifulVeins wrote:Well I think Edward said something later on, after the confrontation with the Volturi, that a thousand years ago or something Caius had a fight with a werewolf and nearly lost and he's terrified of them, and seeing that the wolves look a lot like the children of the moon, I'm not suprised Caius wasn't happy.
I thought that Aro was kind of just mocking when he called them Guard Dogs...maybe not

I don't think Aro was mocking them, he seems to like controlling people. He would have been more than happy to finally have Bella in his coven because he knew her talent was going to be special. I think if he were able to control the Cullens, he would have gladly forced the werewolves to follow.
I agree. Aro is a collector. He likes to have things. Special things, actually. I think he probably found a great idea having shape shifters at the Volturi's side. Because they would be both entertaining - because they are so very different from the vampires - and also as a weapon. I think his offer was very serious.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

yeah, Aro tends to seek out and want to "attain" anything that he thinks will make his coven more powerful. it's like flashing a shiny object at a little kid. if he sees a "jewel" [aka, something "special", like Jane and Alec, the "jewels in his collection"], he makes it his mission to collect it. he's power-hungry. that's why i'm sure he would have been all too happy to have the werewolves as "guard dogs"....more power for the Volturi.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I love that Aro thought of them as Guard dogs, they are actually really good in it. Bella trained them well... ;)
but as Edward said it wasn't going to work, the wolves are programmed to kill those who harm humans.

I don't understand why SM introduced the issues with Caius and Werewolves so late in the story, in Eclispe Ewdard says that teh Volturi won't appreciate the aliance but not why. it leaves a lot of questions.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

be my escape wrote:What did you think of the Volturi's response to the wolves?
I'm glad the sight of the wolves made the Volturi pause and hear the Cullens out, but didn't Aro see the wolves in Edward's memories in NM? :scratch: I would think he saw the Treaty between the wolves and Cullens. Also, Aro did see Alice's memories regarding Bella telling Alice that Jacob was her best friend and a werewolf. I didn't understand why the wolves were such a surprise to Aro or why Aro wouldn't share that information with the rest of his coven and guard.
be my escape wrote:Caius was not particularly happy, what did you think of his reasoning for that?

After Edward shed light to Caius' werewolf story, it made sense why Caius would feel threatened by any wolf. :club:
be my escape wrote:What do you think of Aro wanting to keep them as guards dog?
When I first heard Aro say that I thought, did he just ask to buy a pup? :blink: :blink: He's even more loonier than I thought. Although, it did remind me of that song, "How much is that doggie in the window?". :D

But then again, Aro is a collector of rarities, so then I understood where his insanity was coming from, but still I wasn't expecting him to see the wolves as Guard Dogs.