Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Post by Jazzy »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?

I thought Sam had issued one of those Alpha rules that forbid Jacob to reveal how many werewolves there actually were in La Push

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?

I was glad he finally realized that the more he tried to keep her from seeing him, the more he will push Bella to find ways to escape and see Jacob. It will just drive a rift between them.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?

Edward was unsure, and a bit worried, and hoping he won't regret his decision.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?

They were both so territorial it was funny.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing? I fugured because he was giving out the #

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob? I was glad so that Bella wouldn't be stupid and get hurt trying to go see Jacob. And also like he said it would just drive a wedge between them.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237? Not sure

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other? I found it kind of funny. But I feel bad for Bella at the same time.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?

I thought it had to do with the number that by saying it out loud he was more fully admitting all his friends were in the pack now.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?

It's about time! Jealousy is not a flattering emotion on anyone. Even Edward!

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?

Jealousy, maybe some apprehension.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?

Kind of funny! I mean, it's a typical thing to do for two people who are competing-- trying to psyche each other out. This is the supernatural version of it.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

First time I read it I though what Bella thought. Then I thought that there may be more wolves than hes letting on.

I thought it was sweet of him. He doesn't want to hurt Bellas feelings, and hating Jacob did that... but I feel sorry for Edward.. If the guy I loved kept running of with this other chick who could be dangerous.. then I'd hate her.

He was in pain - he didn't like leaving Bella with him. Bella always goes on about how much pain Jacob is in - but she doesnt seem to care about Edwards pain.

I think its cute when Edward does it. When jacob does it, its gross.
Edward has every right to. Bella is HIS.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

He isn't supposed to tell how many of them there are, but he has found ways around direct orders before, so if he really didn't care if Bella knew he'd find a way to tell her. We know that Jake is having a hard time with being a warewolf so I think he's just uncomfortable admitting what he is.

I thought "it's about time". I mean she managed to not be killed by a warewolf while Edward was gone and she is an adult capable of making her own decisions. I'm glad he finally accpeted that she is friends with Jake and that he is a warewolf. He does not have to like it, but i'm glad he accepted it.

It was probably a combination of emotions. I'm sure he was really worried about leaving Bella there because he does not trust the wolves. He probably also feels a jealous because he knows how Jake feels about Bella and he probably has some clue that Jake means more to Bella then she says. On that same note, he is probably a little hurt because knowing how Jake and Bella feel about eachother can't be good for his ego.

I think the scent thing is funny actually lol. I'd be willing to bet Bella gets real tired of that though lol. As for flaunting their relationships with Bella, thats kind of hitting below the belt. I get that the are trying to win Bellas affection, but when they hurt eachother like that they are hurting Bella too. Hurting Bella is kind of a dumb thing to do when you are trying to make her fall in love with you.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I thought that he was forbidden to mention the number of wolves, since they didn't want that information revealed to the Cullens. But thinking about it now, it is possible that he didn't want to draw attention to the fact that he is a werewolf. Since he is talking about himself being more human than Edward, and so better for Bella.

It was very mature and sweet of him. He put all his feelings of fear, hate and jealousy aside, to make her happy. I also think he realized that he had to do it, because he did not want Bella sneaking of to La Push.

Probably worry and maybe regret. I think he felt jealous and afraid that he might loose her to Jacob.

Funny. Especially when Edward did it since it seems a bit out of character for him to behave so childish. But he is just a guy, so he probably couldn't help himself :) I don't think that Jacob actually has any right to mark his territory on Bella, she is not his. But funny anyway.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing? He was forbidden to reveal the number.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob? I think he said it...he didn't want it to come between them and cause animosity.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237? Well it was the first time he was letting her go see Jake so he was worried about letting her go and a little worried about the feelings Jacob was obviously thinking when he saw them hugging. He didn't want to let her go but knew he had too.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other? It's funny boys will be boys.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I think he was forbidden to reveal the number of werewolves.

I loved it.

Him worring about her safty, and controlling hie temper.

I thought it was so funny.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

probably something to do with that he cant say anything about the pack. but he figures hes told her so much now, it doesnt matter.

SUPRISE! unexpected and a good idea. if he hadnt it would not have ended well. with bellas luck and will, puh-leas! anything is possible.

i dont think it was just one emotion. something like a mix of approvment, fear, and love...thats all i can come up with!

i was going "oh my gosh, you two! grow up!" talk about immature!!
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I thought he was just adding them up :lol: But obviously I realise now that he wasn't allowed to tell Bella that their numbers have been increasing. I wouldn't think Jake would have had any problem saying werewolf, so I didn't think that was it.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob
I thought it was great. It shows how understanding Edward can be, and that he really does trust her judgement. It must have been a huge relief for Bella, so now she didn't have to go sneaking around to see Jake (or as much sneaking around as she could do with Alice watching her lol).

I wasn't sure. Worry? Regret? Love? Really not sure.

I think it was really childish, but also kinda funny. Tho to be honest, I kind of expected it from Jacob, but not really from Edward.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!