Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
obessivetwilighter
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by obessivetwilighter »

yeah they should hurry next thing you know there will be girls at the directors door with pitchforks because they don't like who he rummored to cast
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Last year they had Bella cast in November and then Edward in December. I think the rest of the cast was announced either the end of January or beginning of February, so we should be hearing it soon, but we may have to wait until February.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
CaseofCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by CaseofCullen »

Alison wrote: I'm very excited that the budget is higher, but I feel like some people are blaming the low budget for some of the miscalculations in Twilight. Some low budget movies are great! More money does mean more possibilities, but money isn't going to fix a flawed script or misguided direction. I just hope they do not let the large budget go to their heads and forget about the great story beneath the special effects.
I completely agree. Though the special effects in the movie could be amazing, it is really the story line that makes it. I hope that Kristen will be up to portraying the heartbreak that really makes the story, and I have faith that she will. As for the micalculations in Twilight, I personally believe that they couldn't be changed if they had a higher budget. As you said, money won't fix a flawed script or screenplay.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

CaseofCullen wrote:
Alison wrote: I'm very excited that the budget is higher, but I feel like some people are blaming the low budget for some of the miscalculations in Twilight. Some low budget movies are great! More money does mean more possibilities, but money isn't going to fix a flawed script or misguided direction. I just hope they do not let the large budget go to their heads and forget about the great story beneath the special effects.
I completely agree. Though the special effects in the movie could be amazing, it is really the story line that makes it. I hope that Kristen will be up to portraying the heartbreak that really makes the story, and I have faith that she will. As for the micalculations in Twilight, I personally believe that they couldn't be changed if they had a higher budget. As you said, money won't fix a flawed script or screenplay.
Agreed. I hope that the special effects are better... Not that they weren't good in Twilight, just that they could have been better. But, I don't think that money will solve many things. It was the screenplay, script and I guess the storyboard. I just hope that the special effects are as awesome as the book makes them seem like they would be. Espically the cliff diving, wolves, Italy, and the motorcyles.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Everyone is making me all worried. Ha ha. I didn't think too much about how much special features are needed in the following movies... And I think they failed at the minimal ones in Twilight... Oh no :shock:

They better not mess this up! Ha ha.

Melissa ruined the first movie, hopefully she will do better with these two. Why couldn't the fans have written the script? It would have been SO much better!

I'm putting a lot of faith in the fact Chris will turn things around and fix the mess Catherine and everyone else with the first movie made. (Well not everyone.)

Please do better! :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

What a higher budget can, in fact, help is a longer movie. Obviously quantity doesn't mean quality, but for New Moon, more movie time could also mean less stuff cut from the book - which I believed was a huuuge sacrifice for the first movie.

Oh, and the tagline "The Cullens aren't the only family with a secret" is aweeeeesome! I hope they put that on the trailer.

LOVE the one "Forbidden to Remember; Terrified to Forget." THAT one sends chills up my mortal spine. :)

Can't wait to see who's gonna be playing the Volturi gang. ;)
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Yeah, I can't wait to see who plays the Volturi and the pack.

Here's a random question...

How old are the members of the Volturi supposed to be??
What? Are they like twenties or fifties. I always thought that they were in their fifties. Just because that's what I assumed. But, maybe since they are friends with Carlisle they are like his age...early twenties. Carlisle is twenty-three. Also, another point I just thought of. I don't know who many people heard the rumors that Ben Barnes is aiming for the role of Aro... But, this guy is definalty early twenties. So, I have no idea what to think...

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

RussetRose♥ wrote:Yeah, I can't wait to see who plays the Volturi and the pack.

What? Are they like twenties or fifties. I always thought that they were in their fifties. Just because that's what I assumed. But, maybe since they are friends with Carlisle they are like his age...early twenties. Carlisle is twenty-three. Also, another point I just thought of. I don't know who many people heard the rumors that Ben Barnes is aiming for the role of Aro... But, this guy is definalty early twenties. So, I have no idea what to think...
Hmmm I guess I have to re-read the book to remember what kind of age-frame I had in mind for them, since I don't think it's mentioned. There might be a better explanation on that on Stephenie Meyer's FAQ on her website.

I guess Jane seems like she could be a teenager, Aro and his brothers could probably be in their late 20s or early 30s, I'm guessing.

Ben Barnes, huh? Interesting choice for Aro, if the rumor is true. But somehow I always pictured them to be more Italian-looking. Assuming the characters are, uh, Italian. If you guys saw Interview with The Vampire (the movie), I always pictured the Volturi like Armand, Santiago and that evil clan from Paris. Those vampires were not kidding around ;) :)
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

RussetRose♥ wrote:Yeah, I can't wait to see who plays the Volturi and the pack.

Well I always pictured them old, it is never really specified. But I think they are supposed to be old since they were so popular for painters to admire, I would think that means they are gorgeous and young. Well not now, now they are all dusty looking :?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

ok.. since some posts are about the volturi...I also have a question.. Is jane black? me and a friend are trying to figure it out, but we can't find good character bios of the volturi online. :oops: