Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Maira wrote:If you read Twilight carefully, you have to admit that SM really set it up.
All of the "I'll stay... as long as it's what's best for you." from Edward.
I didn't read Twilight all that carefully the first time through, so it was a surprise for me when I got New Moon.
After I read NM, I went back and re-read Twilight and...
well, I quote Bella- "Sometimes it seems like you're trying to say goodbye when you're saying something else."
To quote my friend- "It hits you over the head with the fact that Edward is going to leave after you learn that Edward is going to leave." :lol:
I suspect that if I had read more carefully, I would have seen that one coming like a steamroller.
I completely agree! That's why its so necessary to reread the books! LOL!

And, yes, its sad that they are letting the cat out the bag about Edward's leaving. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that they will bring the depth of the pain of the break up and then the joy of the reuinion onto the screen!

does anyone know what the budget is for NM? I'm wondering how much of an increase there will be from Twilight...
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

And without spoiling the departure, what else could they really advertise with it making sense?
ImageImageImageImageImage
dazzled_twilighter
Wandering Through Town

Post by dazzled_twilighter »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
Maira wrote:If you read Twilight carefully, you have to admit that SM really set it up.
I didn't read Twilight all that carefully the first time through, so it was a surprise for me when I got New Moon.
well, I quote Bella- "Sometimes it seems like you're trying to say goodbye when you're saying something else."
To quote my friend- "It hits you over the head with the fact that Edward is going to leave after you learn that Edward is going to leave." :lol:
I suspect that if I had read more carefully, I would have seen that one coming like a steamroller.

And, yes, its sad that they are letting the cat out the bag about Edward's leaving. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that they will bring the depth of the pain of the break up and then the joy of the reuinion onto the screen!

does anyone know what the budget is for NM? I'm wondering how much of an increase there will be from Twilight...
yeah, I would really like to know that too. I keep hearing rumors that Summit still doesn't want to spend alot of money, b/c Twilight did so well w/ a cheep budget. But honestly, I think Twilight only did so good bc of the large fan base. But i really don't think true fans would be so forgiving if they did it again with New Moon. So far, Twilight has made over 300 million, and I would be really pissed if they didn't use that to make New Moon as good as they possibly can.
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Maira wrote:Hmmmmm...

*looks at google directions*

Dangit.
Why not Toronto? or Montreal, I could get here. Or TOLEDO, for heaven's sake. :twisted:
ugh, i know right? filming in toronto would have made my life.. why does vancouver have to be on the other side of the freaking country?! :(
Maira
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Maira »

dazzled_twilighter wrote:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:

yeah, I would really like to know that too. I keep hearing rumors that Summit still doesn't want to spend alot of money, b/c Twilight did so well w/ a cheep budget. But honestly, I think Twilight only did so good bc of the large fan base. But i really don't think true fans would be so forgiving if they did it again with New Moon. So far, Twilight has made over 300 million, and I would be really pissed if they didn't use that to make New Moon as good as they possibly can.
Okay. That's 75 million dollars per movie.
DO YOU HEAR THAT SUMMIT?!?!
SPEND
IT
ALL!!!!
Please....
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
CaseofCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by CaseofCullen »

Hey everyone,
To answer the budget question, I've got answers. To the delight of all of the Twilight Fandom, the budget for New Moon is incredibly high. According to many sources, the budget for New Moon is rumored to be around 80 million. :D
Personally, I'm super-psyched that the budget is that that high. More money = Better Destinations = Better movies! Especially so for NM, seeing that they've promised to actually go to Italy to film those scenes.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I've said multiple times, SM is a literary genius. She was very intricate in writing these books. Maybe it was just me, but his departure was a huge shock, even after all of the clues. I felt just like Bella did. She didn't she that coming either. Yes, in Twilight, she mentioned about him "trying to say goodbye," but by the end of that book, that thought was a distant memory. I was so wrapped up in their interactions and their overall relationship that I was floored that he'd ever leave her. I guess everyone experiences the book in their own way, but I thought his departure was a big shock when I wasn't expecting it, you know?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
obessivetwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by obessivetwilighter »

so do we know the whole cast yet??
CaseofCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by CaseofCullen »

Other than the characters that were features in the other movie we do not know the full cast. There are rumors of certain people playing certain characters, but Summit has yet to provide us with a full list. I reallyyyyy hope they post it soon. If they dont, I'm afraid the Twilight fandom universe will fall into a massive riot and force them to provide the whole list.
Alison

Post by Alison »

CaseofCullen wrote:Hey everyone,
To answer the budget question, I've got answers. To the delight of all of the Twilight Fandom, the budget for New Moon is incredibly high. According to many sources, the budget for New Moon is rumored to be around 80 million. :D
Personally, I'm super-psyched that the budget is that that high. More money = Better Destinations = Better movies! Especially so for NM, seeing that they've promised to actually go to Italy to film those scenes.
I'm very excited that the budget is higher, but I feel like some people are blaming the low budget for some of the miscalculations in Twilight. Some low budget movies are great! More money does mean more possibilities, but money isn't going to fix a flawed script or misguided direction. I just hope they do not let the large budget go to their heads and forget about the great story beneath the special effects.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun