Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by shortstuff »

Jadey wrote:I personally think guys do a better job at these kinds of movies.

Catherine.. what the BLOODY HELL was she thinking??????????????????
I.. just..

Anyway.
Just remember guys.. don't have high expectations for Chris and NM..
because it might not turn out how you'd like..

Do you think chris will put out a directors notebook?
As much as is dislike CH, i found the book kinda interesting.
that's true.. i did like that she takes the time with fans and stuff (even tho she does the complete opposite of what they want in the movie) The book gives a bit of insight into that strange head of hers.. i almost feel sorry for her because she doesnt seem to really GET the story or see the error of her ways.. she kinda had her own idea about the whole thing and ran with it... *shakes head in dismay* poor CH...
:roll:
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I guess, cause if each and every one of us had a chance to do the movie.. we'd all do it differently..
But we'd still stick to what was in the book, and keep it close as possible.. and we'd all include how deep of a relationship E&B had.. and stuff

Yeh, it seemed like CH didn't understand/get the book.. and it was like she just picked out certain parts.. and vomited them all up :S

Twilight could've been a damn good movie.. but it was ruined.
O well.

New Moon is my fave.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I blame Melissa Rosenberg far more then CH. For one, she left out too much vital information. Jasper's power for goodness sake! How're they going to explain that one? Say he was bitten by an emotion-controlling radioactive spider? Or just leave him out which would be soooo unfair. The fact that she's written New Moon - and about to write Eclipse - gives me not much hope for the Twilight Saga, unless CW can salavage what she's left in her stupid script.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:I blame Melissa Rosenberg far more then CH.
it's true that melissa wrote bad script but it was also CH's job to see that script sucks and to improve it... so i blame both the same ;)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Sterling Snow
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:I blame Melissa Rosenberg far more then CH. For one, she left out too much vital information. Jasper's power for goodness sake! How're they going to explain that one? Say he was bitten by an emotion-controlling radioactive spider? Or just leave him out which would be soooo unfair. The fact that she's written New Moon - and about to write Eclipse - gives me not much hope for the Twilight Saga, unless CW can salavage what she's left in her stupid script.
Oh, I was so mad they didn't mention Jasper's power. He's my favorite character :( . And the Denali coven? Who is going to tell the Volturi about Renesmee in Breaking Dawn?!
I read somewhere that Melissa Rosenburg was reading one book at a time so she could write the screenplay only thinking of that book. But now she's leaving out stuff that's important for other movies! It makes me mad. :x :(
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

I've seen The Golden Compass- one of the movies produced by Chris- and I was mightily impressed with it. I was in the middle of the book, so after seeing the movie, it was impossible to continue reading, seeing as it spoiled everything for me.
I know this is an older post but if you didn't finish the book you did miss out, because the movie and the book end differently. The end of the book is so moving it made me cry and was so well written and epic . . . sorry to say CW did not do the book justice. But I hope he learned from his mistakes and will make New Moon really good! So far Stephenie sounds optimistic, so that's a good sign!
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

OnyxEyes wrote:
I've seen The Golden Compass- one of the movies produced by Chris- and I was mightily impressed with it. I was in the middle of the book, so after seeing the movie, it was impossible to continue reading, seeing as it spoiled everything for me.
I know this is an older post but if you didn't finish the book you did miss out, because the movie and the book end differently. The end of the book is so moving it made me cry and was so well written and epic . . . sorry to say CW did not do the book justice. But I hope he learned from his mistakes and will make New Moon really good! So far Stephenie sounds optimistic, so that's a good sign!
just wanted to mention, a lot of people have pointed out that the discrepencies between the movie and book for golden compass were not entirely chris's fault, but rather the production company who made him change stuff for fear of insulting the catholic church... or something along those lines...
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

well that is rediculus, there are so many films in which the church are discredited, why then change a perfectly harmless book, that doesn't even say that is the christian god they are against!
that is jsut stupid

i still can't wait till new moon
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Sykes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Sykes »

I agree with you guys. I mean I hated the fact that they looked over Jasper, his my favorite character. In fact they looked over all the Cullens. :cry:
I.heart.Christopher.Drew<3
'cause if you jump I will jump too, we will fall together, from the building's ledge never looking back at what we've done, we'll say it was love, cause I would die for you on skyway avenue'
- We The Kings
megandheartsplease

Post by megandheartsplease »

Now I don't really have an opinion on him, but I am glad they got a new director. Catherine Hardwicke seems to have a very distinctive style in directing. It reminded me too much of her direction in Thirteen. It was so shaky and voyeuristic. I just didn't really like it. I'm just praying that he doesn't screw it up, but from what I've seen on the Golden Compass I'm sure that won't be an issue.