Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by Dovrebanen »

I so agree with what you all have said. I didn't really know anything about Catherine before Twilight, so I didn't really know what to expect.
It's not that it's a bad movie if you look at it by itself. But when you compare the story in the movie to the story in the book, it fails to live up to the book.
She did not stay true to the book. I think she hid behind the fact that she placed in a few of the famous quotes in the movie...You can't just throw in a couple of quotes, and call it a developed relationship. That is so not enough to really show the development of the relationship between Bella and Edward. I so missed the line: I love you.(B) You are my life now.(E). It would have taken two seconds of the movie... I think she completely destroyed the meadow scene. That chapter I think is one of the most meaningful in all the books, and should have been given so much more attention in the movie.
It really proves that she didn't get when she asks "what did you miss?". Come on..just about everything was missing in some way..And an underwater dream sequence? What is that? I can't see how she could even think about it.

I am very happy that there will be a new director for New Moon. And I'm hoping he will look at some of the errors in Twilight, and try to stay true to the book and not make the same mistakes.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I agree with everyone here. CH butchered the glorious romantic forbidden love story that is Twilight. And let's not forget all of those unnecessary scenes with the Nomads. If they didn't have that stupid, pointless second story line going, we might have gotten a better meadow scene and more meaningful dialogue between B and E. But then again, we might have also gotton that underwater dream sequence crap.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^And let's not forget the time spent on pointless greenhouse and human scenes that could have been spent learning Carlisle's history.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Very true.
Stupid, sloppy, careless work. :evil:
I have faith that CW will do a much better job, though.
And if he doesn't...well, let's just say that have a newly acquired flame thrower that I'm not afraid to use. :twisted:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Although I feel bad for Catherine, Im excited that Chris Wetiz is directing New Moon. He did a wonderful job on The Golden Compass, and with all the special effects needed for New Moon, Im sure he's the man for the job! ;]
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

well, i did love the golden compass (apart from dekota's acting) but it was nothing like the book, so i hope he doesn't follow sute with nm
i do have faith however, and am sure that he wil do much better than catherine ever could
i do feel sorry for him though, he has to try and get across how lost bella is with out edward, while trying to use references to twilight that were left out of the film...stupid catherine and melissa and kristen!!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

i liked the goldne compass and i liked the effects, but im not sure if a guy copuld direct newmoon.. from bellas point... hed have to go girly for it :lol:
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

Catherine Hardwicke and Melissa Rosenberg were girls and look what she did to twilight :evil:
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Bastet wrote:Catherine Hardwicke and Melissa Rosenberg were girls and look what she did to twilight :evil:
EXACTLY. i'm sorry, but when i hear ppl say a guy cant make new moon because its a girls story, i think thats complete bull. CH butchered it and she was female. many men have made epic love stories (people pointed out nicholas sparks wrote a walk to remember and the notebook) gender has nothing to do with it. its about talent and understanding and interpreting a story WELL.

also, CW did 'About a Boy' which isnt exactly an epic love story, but its completely heartwarming and endearing and emotional (and funny) and i absolutely LOVED that movie.. i have faith that he will do a good job.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I personally think guys do a better job at these kinds of movies.

Catherine.. what the BLOODY HELL was she thinking??????????????????
I.. just..

Anyway.
Just remember guys.. don't have high expectations for Chris and NM..
because it might not turn out how you'd like..

Do you think chris will put out a directors notebook?
As much as is dislike CH, i found the book kinda interesting.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart