What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by TwilightRose1 »

The mus they out in Twilight was great for the film - it really fits the Indie feel of the films. I WISH they'd put more of Stephenie's playlists from the films onto them.. but she seems happy with their selection so I wont complain! :)
Valrhona40
Settled in Forks

Post by Valrhona40 »

After seeing the movie Twilight in June, I mainly thought that it was the music that was the best part of it, so of course I ordered the soundtrack (that I have been listening a hundred times ever since I received it). Twilighters of the first hour had the soundtrack before the movie was in theaters, and they could try to guess what song would accompany what scene in the movie. I wish I could have done that, but Twilight was not part of my life at that time. But this year, I ordered the New Moon soundtrack in advance and got it the very day of its release. So I am pretty much familiar with all the songs by now, and quite satisfied with the selection, but I have to admit that I miss Paramore, which was a revelation to me.
WolfGirl22
Settled in Forks

Post by WolfGirl22 »

swedishskinjer wrote:After listening to the NM soundtrack, I do agree that it's vastly superior to its Twilight counterpart. However, there's one song on the Twilight soundtrack that I adore (it plays during the dance scene at the prom): Flightless Bird and American Mouth. Kristen Stewart specifically selected it for the movie, and it fits so well with the dancing. Anyone agree?
I totally agree and LOVE LOVE LOVE Iron and Wine.

I am pretty happy with the selections for New Moon. I think this soundtrack actually surpasses that of the Twilight movie! I liked the addition of Death Cab for Cutie. Meet Me on the Equinox might be my favorite!
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Valrhona40 wrote:but I have to admit that I miss Paramore, which was a revelation to me.
I totally agree with you! I love the New Moon soundtrack, but I miss Paramore SO much. I have always really loved their music and Hayley's voice is hypnotic in it's strength. I honestly don't think there could have been a better song to exemplify the mood and theme of Twilight. Every time I hear Decode now, I instantly envision the blue-green forest of Forks, Washington.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^Since when are forests blue? Well, maybe spruce pines on the slopes of Mt Bachelor, but most trees aren't blue. Green, however, is an apt description.

Death Cab is amazing, as always. The Anya... whatsherbucket song is starting to grow on me, btu only because I have an acoustic in-studio version she did at my local alt station, which they play constantly.
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

TwilightRose1 wrote:I WISH they'd put more of Stephenie's playlists from the films onto them.. but she seems happy with their selection so I wont complain! :)

DITTO! i would love to have more of the SM playlists in the soundtracks.. but i do understand that they have to choose out from what fits the movie... still... :P there is so much good to choose from on her lists!
Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Swan »

I'm loving the soundtrack. Hearing Damage is one of my favorites.
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

I'm still in love with "Meet Me on the Equinox". I really enjoy Death Cab for Cutie's stuff. But I'm also really enjoying Sea Wolf and Band of Skulls.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

oh my... i dont think i can hear Anya Marina voice ever again without starting to cry :P
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

This is random but Im going to share my top 3 moments where the songs from the soundrtack fit perfectly with the movie.

1. Possibility--I cried so hard. Kristen was phenominal in her zombie state. Combine that with the music that was played=cry fest 2009.

2. Hearing Damage--The sequence with the wolves and Victoria and Charlie and Harry and Bella cliffdiving were just awesome. I think they combined those events beautifully.

3. Monsters--(My favorite song on the soundrack) This scene made me smile. It set the whole happy-carefree-mood imo, and combine that with Edward's slowmo entrace was just great. It just combined the perfect song with the perfect scene and made it spectacular. I hope that made sence. It was sort of hard to put into words.

All in all, the music in this movie was so great, and the timing was perfect.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3