What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by Amanda Beth »

The score is for sale on iTunes and its so much better than Twilight's score!!!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Can somebody tell me what song they played during the Victoria/Harry/Cliff Diving scene? I didn't get the soundtrack as I wasn't sure I liked most of the songs. I only liked a couple of songs in the movie. Now I can't remember which other scene I liked the song in... damn.

Can anybody break down which scene which song played in? That might be helpful. I'll post this on the soundtrack thread as well.

Thanks
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

switzgal wrote:Can somebody tell me what song they played during the Victoria/Harry/Cliff Diving scene? I didn't get the soundtrack as I wasn't sure I liked most of the songs. I only liked a couple of songs in the movie. Now I can't remember which other scene I liked the song in... damn.
I'm pretty positive that was Thom Yorke's song: Hearing Damage.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Asheleyo wrote:
switzgal wrote:Can somebody tell me what song they played during the Victoria/Harry/Cliff Diving scene? I didn't get the soundtrack as I wasn't sure I liked most of the songs. I only liked a couple of songs in the movie. Now I can't remember which other scene I liked the song in... damn.
I'm pretty positive that was Thom Yorke's song: Hearing Damage.

Thanks, just checked it out on iTunes and I can't just get a couple of songs. Most of them are "Album Only". I might have to wait till the soundtrack goes on sale now. I didn't buy the Twilight soundtrack either. Just bought 4 songs from that one, they were available to buy separately then.

I have to watch the movie a 3rd time to figure out where the other song was that I liked.
Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Swan »

I've been in love with Hearing Damage since I heard it. I was thrilled with the entire Victoria / Cliff Diving Sequence. LOVED IT!
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I haven't listened to the soundtrack enough to commit it to memory yet, but I feel that this soundtrack is a million times better than Twilight's (and I was a big fan of that soundtrack). The songs are so beautiful. I think my favorite are Bon Iver and Lykke Li's songs. Amazing.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

Meet Me On The Equinox, Death Cab for Cutie: the last song of the movie, during the end credits.
Friends, Band of Skulls: When Bella sees Edward for the first time in Port Angeles, before she gets on the motorcycle.
Hearing Damage, Thom Yorke: Cliff diving/Harry/Charlie/Victoria scenes.
Possibility, Lykke Li: The four blank months in Bellas room.
A White Demon Love Song, The Killers:...? can't remember.
Satellite Heart, Anya Marina: The song that's playing when Edward is driving Bella home from the birthday party.
I Belong to You, Muse: After Charlie threatens to send her to Jacksonville and she calls Jessica.
Rosyln, Bon Iver & St. Vincent: The breakup scene :-/.
Done All Wrong, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Emily's house.
Monsters, Hurricane Bells: Opening scene at school.
The Violet Hour, Sea Wolf: Birthday party.
Shooting the Moon, OK Go: Motorcycle building montage.
Slow Life, Grizzly Bear: When Bella is drowning after cliff diving.
No Sound but the Wind, Editors: the last song when Bella and Edward are driving back from the vote.
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

themeadow wrote:Meet Me On The Equinox, Death Cab for Cutie: the last song of the movie, during the end credits.
Friends, Band of Skulls: When Bella sees Edward for the first time in Port Angeles, before she gets on the motorcycle.
Hearing Damage, Thom Yorke: Cliff diving/Harry/Charlie/Victoria scenes.
Possibility, Lykke Li: The four blank months in Bellas room.
A White Demon Love Song, The Killers:...? can't remember.
Satellite Heart, Anya Marina: The song that's playing when Edward is driving Bella home from the birthday party.
I Belong to You, Muse: After Charlie threatens to send her to Jacksonville and she calls Jessica.
Rosyln, Bon Iver & St. Vincent: The breakup scene :-/.
Done All Wrong, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Emily's house.
Monsters, Hurricane Bells: Opening scene at school.
The Violet Hour, Sea Wolf: Birthday party.
Shooting the Moon, OK Go: Motorcycle building montage.
Slow Life, Grizzly Bear: When Bella is drowning after cliff diving.
No Sound but the Wind, Editors: the last song when Bella and Edward are driving back from the vote.

White Demon plays during the credits. The first non-score song.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

Oh yeah! Thanks, I really couldn't place that song.
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

Thanks so much for writing that up! I love knowing where the songs play during the movie so that when I listen to the soundtrack, I can envision them playing in the film.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun