What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by OktoSink »

Okay, thanks. I did that too. Kind of annoying though because my credit card got charged for "Satellite Heart" when I pre-ordered, now I have to buy it all over again.

I think iTunes made a bit of an oopsey on this one. Oh well. Fantastic soundtrack!!!!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Amanda Beth wrote:I canceled my preorder (go to your account and it lets you) and reordered it today.
I am in the same boat with the pre-order but refuse to cancel and reorder because it seems like quite the scam to me. Its not like the extra $1.29 for Satellite Heart is that big a deal to me individually, but if everyone who pre-ordered does this then Apple will make a ton of extra money off of us suckers who pre-ordered! Not ok by me! What the heck was the point of pre-ordering this thing?! Lesson learned, won't fall for that marketing scam again! :evil:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Great news, guys.

IGN Music gave the New Moon soundtrack a score of 9/10.

http://music.ign.com/articles/103/1035955p1.html
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Lieziewiezie wrote:
♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:I just heard the entire New Moon soundtrack so I just had to post here applauding CW on such a fantastic job. AND...I must say that the meadow song is sooooooo much better than Bella's Lullaby that someone else *coughCHcough* picked out. The lullaby is supposed to be PIANO! ONLY PIANO! NOT an entire ORCHESTRA!
How and where?? Me --> curious.
Someone leaked all the songs and put them on youtube the other day. It was then posted on one of the Twilight LJ communites and a friend told me about it via Rob's Halfway House (another thread on the Lex).
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

I like the soundtrack, specially the meadow song by Alexandre Desplat. (Bella's lullaby just didnt feel right :/ )

but, i think it's sad that they did not use more of the songs that SM used on her playlist for the book... i mean the twilight movie used "Tremble for My Beloved" by Collective Soul, and that fitt amazingly! And the New moon soundtrack by SM has so much to choose from! but, i guess the movie is going to be amazing with the music they have selected to. :)
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

This is just a question I've been wondering about...
During various times in the series Edward hums Bella's Lullaby as she goes to sleep. Do you think this will happen in any of the movies? (Not necessarily Carter Burtwell's version, but just Edward humming) Also do you think Bella's Lullaby will be in New Moon, since in the book Edward gives her that CD and everything?
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
B&E4EVER
Settled in Forks

Post by B&E4EVER »

I love all the tracks! I think it sounds a lot better than the 1st one.
~*~JESSICA~*~
"You are my life now"
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:This is just a question I've been wondering about...
During various times in the series Edward hums Bella's Lullaby as she goes to sleep. Do you think this will happen in any of the movies? (Not necessarily Carter Burtwell's version, but just Edward humming) Also do you think Bella's Lullaby will be in New Moon, since in the book Edward gives her that CD and everything?

i remember reading somwehere in a interview with Chris Weitz were he said that Bella's lullaby would be in new moon. He did not spessify it though.. so dont know if it will be a new one, or the one that Carter Burwell composed.

i almost hope they make a new one :P the one Carter Burwell composed was nothing like what i had pictured... it's supposed to be a piano solo.... not a whole orchestra :P
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, we all know what would be in the soundtrack offically, but this is also kinda a wish thread, is it not?

For some strange reason, I think quite a few Pink Floyd songs would fit, especially in New Moon or in general in the books and movies.

For New Moon, Wish You Were Here(lyrics: Roger Waters; music: David Gilmour/Waters) would fit for obvious reasons, just for one example.

And I think that a song like Echoes(Waters, Gilmour, Richard Wright, and Nick Mason) would be a good song to make a long music video of any or all the films when the get made, since the song itself is over 23 minutes long. Or sections from Echoes could be used in a movie-the song just seems to fit in to the scenery and the strange goings on in Forks.

And here's one that's Bella specific-Sheep(Waters), just change a few words(replace the sheep, dogs, and slaugher house/meat packing references with Bella and vampire references), and you'd have a perfect song that alludes to the danger that Bella finds herself in on an almost constant basis in the series.

I know that unless Summit and Atlantic/WMG shell out the money(EMI/Capitol owns the copyrights to Pink Floyd's pre 1973 songs, and the rest are owned by Pink Floyd Music Ltd, Roger Waters Music Overseas, Ltd(Artemis BV), or by Pink Floyd Music Publishers, Inc(often in conjunction with Waters and his company) ), I doubt that a Pink Floyd song would be on a Twilight Saga movie sound track(unless it was a cover), as well as Pink Floyd being seen as an oldies band by today's youth, but there's plenty of people in Twilight's target age bracket that are fans of the Floyd.

And some Within Temptation(stuff from Mother Earth, The Slilent Force, the Heart of Everything) and Lacuna Coil(Comalies, Karmacode, and Shallow Life albums) would be excellent as well.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

virre wrote:
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:This is just a question I've been wondering about...

i remember reading somwehere in a interview with Chris Weitz were he said that Bella's lullaby would be in new moon. He did not spessify it though.. so dont know if it will be a new one, or the one that Carter Burwell composed.

i almost hope they make a new one :P the one Carter Burwell composed was nothing like what i had pictured... it's supposed to be a piano solo.... not a whole orchestra :P
I wouldnt mind either way, if it was a new one or not. Because in the first movie Edward never said anything about that being a song he composed just for Bella and all that, so i guess it wouldnt really bother me. But at the same time i like the one carter burwell composed even if it is just suppose to be a piano solo. (:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3