What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by Nena »

Let us know what you would like to hear in the New Moon movie sound track.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by navarre »

Many of you may not agree with this but I really loved Paramore and The Black Ghosts and Blue Foundation - I just thought they were great!

I would love to hear more ethereal music because this book and movie will be so haunting and dark. Jacob needs his theme song -something hard-core, heavy metal especially when he phases and goes kind of dark on Bella.

Yeah, this is vague, so I will have to go through my music at home and see what I can come up with in the band category. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

navarre wrote:Many of you may not agree with this but I really loved Paramore and The Black Ghosts and Blue Foundation - I just thought they were great!

I would love to hear more ethereal music because this book and movie will be so haunting and dark. Jacob needs his theme song -something hard-core, heavy metal especially when he phases and goes kind of dark on Bella.

Yeah, this is vague, so I will have to go through my music at home and see what I can come up with in the band category. :D
LOVE LOVE LOVE paramore and the black ghosts! Seriously good stuff. I would like to see them again on the sountrack. Plus, with Muse being Steph's favorite I am sure that they will be on there again. I don't have any perfect sogs yet, but I can't wait to hear what they pick for the clock tower scene, it will be so intense and full of emotions.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sophie Cullen »

I have two songs, both of which are on Stephenie's playlist, that I really want to be in the movie. First is My Immortal by Evanescence, a perfect song for Bella's feelings when Edward leaves her, and Hate Me by Blue October, for Edward's feelings when he leaves Bella. Actually, I can make do with no My Immortal, but I really, really want Hate Me to be in the movie.
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I think "Apocalypse Now" goes so perfectly with the moment that Edward leaves Bella and she goes stumbling around and passes into the trance. When I listened to the song while reading the book it really brought out the devastating pain Bella was feeling and made it that more real to me.

The absolute most important song I would love to see in the movie, though, is "The Sound of Pulling Heaven Down". It's so great at capturing the magic that Edward feels at the end of the book, having Bella back, realizing that she loves him still and the beginning of hope that maybe there is something for him after this life.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

One song that comes to mind that I think should be there is Taking Over Me by Evanescence. The lyrics really remind me of the whole Edward/Bella relationship, just placing it in the film is where I have trouble with it.

I do hope that Paramore can contribute something this time around again. Decode fit really well in the first one.
MelanieBell
Settled in Forks

Post by MelanieBell »

Someone recently mentioned Near You by A Fine Frenzy. I can't think of a more perfect song for Bella's feelings in the truck when Jack is driving her home after she jumps off the cliff, when she's debating on whether or not to kiss him and make him happy for the rest of forever. Well, that's the specific scene that comes to mind in my brain, but really it works for their whole relationship while Edward is away. Seriously, if you haven't listened to it - you NEED to. It's perfection in a song. Oh, also, a HUGE thank you to who ever posted the song originally (now I can't find your post) because I'd never heard of this artist before and now I have to have the cd!
Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on TV.
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

Near to You from A Fine Frenzy is perfect for Bella and Jake after Edwards leaves and she starts to try living again. The lyrics are perfect, and the music is great for a movie scene. Sweet with darkness underneath, and pared down, without tons of background music, the way Bella feels then--just cut down to the barest core of herself.
Both are here----http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWiytxHHRdc

I think that for an intense beat when Jake is having a werewolf moment Rob Zombie's More Human Than Human has a great instrumental, and it's familiar enough the people start singing the lyrics in their heads....which is ironic when you think of Jake and being more human than human.

Now that I think about it, Dracula by Zombie has a pretty badass beat too, and how totally ironic is that? :D

I love the lyrics and also the raw quality of Ingrid Michaelson's Corner of Your Heart. They're slightly desperate and irrational, and somehow young, almost immature. It seems fitting to me considering Bella's condition when Edward is gone.
Listen/Watch it here---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUhc8D7pQlQ

Thats it for now =)
ImageImageImageNM p.201
beena
Settled in Forks

Post by beena »

A new Paramore song for sure! Throw some Kings of Leon in there. There needs to be an angry chick singer in there...someone along the lines of Fiona Apple or early Alanis. That would be perfect for when Bella tries to "act normal". Swim by Jack's Mannequin.....kinda perfect! If you haven't heard it..look it up. So Bella in this book!
kawaiineko344
Settled in Forks

Post by kawaiineko344 »

I really think that Far Away by Nickelback should be in the soundtrack. It is admitedly quite an old song but I think it really potrays the feelings Bella would be having and makes me want to cry everytime I hear it.