Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

I honestly can't seem to get enough of Robert Pattinson (believe me, I'm trying, but there seem to be subliminal messages somewhere that fuel my obsession to seriously unhealthy levels) but I would much rather it stay true to the book and the emotions within than try to milk him for all he's worth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whew! So glad to know I'm not alone! I seriously had a freakin' dream about him the other night! lmao.

Took me back to: "That was the first night I dreamt of Edward Cullen"

:lol:

Can I have a movie made about where I fall in love with a celebrity I don't even know??? lmao

Oh & you ALL can be in the movie too!! :mrgreen:

:lol:
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

The Twilight movie was so much better than I thought it would be, I am actually happy with Catherine's work. I mean, it would be great if there was someone who would be able to do New Moon exactly like the book, but I'm honestly afraid that if they switched directors we would get someone worse.

I agree Edward's loss should be felt very sharply in New Moon, I hope they don't give the surprise away. I wouldn't mind if they gave Bella visions of Edward talking to her I guess . . . . And I agree RPatt was seriously gorgeous as Edward. Didn't expect that to be honest.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

Woo Hoo!! 100 pages of Twilight/New Moon/Rob Pat goodness!!

shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

OnyxEyes wrote: And I agree RPatt was seriously gorgeous as Edward. Didn't expect that to be honest.
Me neither. I never was a real big fan of Rob Pat as far as the cuteness catagory is concerned. He grew on my though, and now I can't get enough!

twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

switzgal wrote:It'll be more climactic and amazing if Edward was FINALLY seen at 12 noon by the clock tower. Sure they can have his voice when Bella is hearing it during her stunts but not seeing him is the key for the story and the audience reaction!!
I 100% agree, but I also think that strong reaction will only be possible if they develop Bella and Edward's relationship more strongly before the paper cut scene. Something needs to be done...I don't think Twilight showed enough depth to their love in order to truly feel Bella's depression and loss. I'm sure (well, I hope) that they will rectify this problem at the beginning of New Moon. Then Edward leaves, all of our hearts break, and we feel a wave of emotions the first time we see him at the end. At least, that's how it should be, but it seems they're not willing to leave Edward out of the spotlight for so long. I don't doubt that a lot of girls only love Twilight and see it so many times because of Rob... Summit may not want to risk it.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

I don't doubt that a lot of girls only love Twilight and see it so many times because of Rob. Summit seems to believe that too.
Well hopefully they realize that it was the fans of the book who made the movie such a success, really. And tho Edward is a really big draw, the story of Edward and Bella (and Jacob too) is really what matters. Uh at least that's what I think. :)
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

switzgal wrote:I hope they don't put in more Edward. New Moon is suppose to be depressing when he's gone. Plus they have to build the Jacob/Bella friendship and there's an awful lot of action in the middle of the book w/o Edward. Port Angeles w/ Angela, Motorcycles, Movie with Mike and Jacob, Jacob phasing into a wolf, Laurent getting killed by the pack, cliff diving, Harry dying, then Alice and Rosalie's phone call to Edward.

It'll be more climactic and amazing if Edward was FINALLY seen at 12 noon by the clock tower. Sure they can have his voice when Bella is hearing it during her stunts but not seeing him is the key for the story and the audience reaction!!
I totally agree with you. They really should leave Edward out like how the book is. It will have a greater reaction on the audience if Edward doesn't show up until Bella runs into his arms. I can see it now, even though I'm Team Jacob...LOL, the audience on the edge of their seats cheering Bella on to run faster. And finally....BBBOOOOOOMMMM she's in Edward's arms...

Wow, now I'm all excited for the movie. Plus, I will love to see Jacob and Bella's friendship develop in New Moon.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

shawniegore wrote:
OnyxEyes wrote: And I agree RPatt was seriously gorgeous as Edward. Didn't expect that to be honest.
Me neither. I never was a real big fan of Rob Pat as far as the cuteness catagory is concerned. He grew on my though, and now I can't get enough!

I honestly knew NOTHING of him until Twilight. I never got into the whole Harry Potter scene.

I think he might *REALLY* be part vampire. Because the man SURELY has a way of dazzling me! :oops:
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

navarre wrote:Well, then now you understand how I felt about Twilight - it equals your disappointment in Blood & Chocolate. I know that the budget played a huge part in this movie, but one could have still made sure that at least the meadow scene was done in it's entirety at the expense of some of the useless dialogue and scenes that did not even have anything to do with the book.

She missed the core of Twilight, if she gets New Moon, I hope she'll do great, trust me I would like to be proven wrong.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from cause I was disappointed myself in the movie. I thought it could have been better too but we can't always have what we want.

And my comparison to Blood and Chocolate. Well Twilight was wayy better at least the plot/ story line was the same as the book. B&C didn't even stick to the book at all. Everything was changed. It was like the "Twilight-Charlie's Angels" version. I was like....wtf?!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I'm so incredibly excited for New Moon! I wasn't that excited about Twilight, nor did I like it that much because I don't think Robert is that great of an actor. I'm sorry, but I just don't like him. And it's not, I repeat not because it's not the way I imagined Edward or something. His acting is just so... cringe-worthy but you want him to do better.. he just doesn't, though. Robert is quite gorgeous, though! So, yes, I will be happy to get Robert out of the picture (oo, that was harsh) and Taylor into the picture.

He is so adorable and, I think, a good actor. Not to mention delicious! Especially in nafereti's siggy. Yum. I really like movies and books that draw out your emotions, though, and am looking forward to see how Catherine will portray this movie. Also, I can't wait to see what Muse song will be on there next!