Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I just want to ask.. for those of you who have seen the movie.... when you go back and read the books, do you now picture the actors from the movie.. or your original view of the characters? In other words.. when someone says 'Edward' does Robert Pattinson come to your mind after seeing the film?
Ohs0sexyBella<3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Ohs0sexyBella<3 »

unfortunately yes...and I say unfortunately because it was much more fun and creativbe to imagine what they looked like. To use my imagination and create these people in my mind and relate to them in that sense but now...I automatically think Rob, Kristen, Kellen, etc..well i guess it isn't that bad...

I wouldn't mind imagining Kellen or Rob all day long at all....haha :lol
Randomness Reggi..:)Banner made my the awesome shel:]
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Haha... I started reading after the movie was cast, so some of the characters (namely Bella and Edward) have always been Kristen and Rob. My other characters though are still in my head when I read. It's nice. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I've been thinking about this lately.
i really doubt Breaking Dawn gets made.

I don't know why, but there ae many things.
I just highly doubt Kristen and Rob agree with the whole concept in BD.
and since they haven't signed for it yet..
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

they haven't been signed on because in dec of 07 when they were casting for twilight, breaking dawn wasn't in existence yet (aka wasn't published). i'm sure that if they get to breaking dawn, they'll finish it up. :)
Last edited by soozabooza54 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Ohs0sexyBella<3

I dunno...good question to ponder on...haha
I mean..it will definetly be hard to capture BD on movie because soo many important things happen in it..plus- Bella becomes this beautiful, gorgeous vampire...and Renesme is born and grows and grows at impossible speeds.. I dont know about you guys but I like imagining how and what she would look like after the transformation rather than actually seeing it...What will they do to change her so drastically?- give her more makeup?? :?
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Ohs0sexyBella<3 wrote:I dont know about you guys but I like imagining how and what she would look like after the transformation rather than actually seeing it...What will they do to change her so drastically?- give her more makeup?? :?
Exactly. Bella talks about how she barely recognizes herself after the transformation. Sure she still sees Bella, but her features are different... I have a feeling they would just throw makeup and contacts on Kristen and call it a day. Charlie is supposed to notice the blatant difference in his daughter. Not just "hey Bells, you're wearing makeup now!" I don't see the transformation adapting well to the screen, or any of BD for that matter. Bigger movie producers could pull it off with good technology and funds, but Summit? I doubt it.

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox. Like you said, I feel some things are better left to the imagination when it comes to Twilight (including Edward)... but trust me, I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Ohs0sexyBella<3

twilight1909 wrote:
Ohs0sexyBella<3 wrote:I dont know about you guys but I like imagining how and what she would look like after the transformation rather than actually seeing it...What will they do to change her so drastically?- give her more makeup?? :?
Exactly. Bella talks about how she barely recognizes herself after the transformation. Sure she still sees Bella, but her features are different... I have a feeling they would just throw makeup and contacts on Kristen and call it a day. Charlie is supposed to notice the blatant difference in his daughter. Not just "hey Bells, you're wearing makeup now!" I don't see the transformation adapting well to the screen, or any of BD for that matter. Bigger movie producers could pull it off with good technology and funds, but Summit? I doubt it.

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox. Like you said, I feel some things are better left to the imagination when it comes to Twilight (including Edward)... but trust me, I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
You know the same thing happened to me when I first heard the book twilight was going to be developed into a movie. Of course I was excited to see who they would cast as the Cullens and Bella but then I was like "ohh...but I thought she would look like this...and I pictured him like that..".Now when I re- read the books It's like I have this automatic picture of the characters as the cast members... :| ..I can't say I like it much.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

^ I totally agree. I'm planning on re-reading the books in a week or so, and I'm determined to get back in touch with my version. Hopefully the cast member's heads won't keep popping into mine! Not to say they were bad choices, but I prefer the way I picture them.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
sarina1113

Post by sarina1113 »

I'm in the mist of re-reading the Saga myself and honestly, I forgot how I orginally pictured each character... :(

Now that I'm reading it again I'm picturing all of the cast members in whatever role they played. But I'm going to pay close attention this time around to see how I picture the characters that have yet to pop up on screen. Should be interesting how close they match up (if they even match at all).
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...