Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 24 - Snap Decision

Post by Alphie »

Many thanks to Sprtygal for her help with this!

1.  Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?

2.  When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Re: Chapter 24 - Snap Decision

Post by Krystal »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
I was totally confused. I didn't get if it was a werewolve he was tracking or something else.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
I had a feeling that something would happen were Bella would refer back to it.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
I think it might have been a bit of both. I think Edward didn't want Seth to get hurt, as well as he wanted him to help surprise attack Victoria.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
I think she probably would have done what she was planning. Anything to save Edward.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
I honestly didn't think much about it :oops: . I was so caught up in the story.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
Yeah...I kinda saw it coming..but the 3rd Wife legend was beautiful..

I had a feeling he was wanting to get a piece of the action! LOL!

same as the 3rd wife legend~ all the way.
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I don't remember that part the first time I read it.

No I didn't... when it did, that's when I finally made the connection.

I didn't think Seth's planned to hind in the shadows, but I say "Good Boy Seath!"

I think Bella would give her life to save Edward and Seath.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I just thought that James had tracked a werewolf before.

I did. I knew that as Bella was thinking about how a mortal had saved them all, she would eventually have to make the same decision. I really hope that it wouldn't turn into a real Romeo & Juliet situation. I basically saw it as foreshadowing.

I thought he was supposed to run away so he didn't get hurt or he was supposed to go get help. I had no idea he would come back and fight. I'm glad he did!!!!

I think she would have cut herself. I don't think she would have killed herself, but I was expecting her to make herself bleed.
ImageImage
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I was really confused as to why he would ask such a thing.

Sort of, bella has been know to get ideas from stories. :roll:

To stay away and not get hurt, but like he would really obey that command.

Seth was faking so she was pretty much just a nuisance, not very far i think.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Wasn't sure.

Not really.

Stay away. That would be so like Edward. Trying to save someone else's life.

I think she would have become like the third wife. I think that to save her family or friends she would die.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I was confused.

Not at first, but as it got closer to the fight I kind of expected it.

I didn't know. I didn't even know why he was sending him away at first. Also, I didn't really know much of Seth's character at this point (that was discovered later on in Breaking Dawn), so I wasn't sure.

Knowing Bella, she would have gone all the way.
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

I really just thought maybe there was a different species of werewolf out there...which i guess there is....but the Quillettes never really acted like traditional werewolves, so i wasn't really surprised...

no, actually i imagined worse! i thought maybe Bella would wind up killing herself for real!

i thought he was supposed to leave before he got hurt...that was the "visually" coolest part of the book...their faces six inches apart....very awesome.

far enough until she passed out from the smell of blood...she is very strong willed, but her stomach is not all that strong... :roll:
~Amber
Vampire.Bunny
Lusting for Blood

Post by Vampire.Bunny »

confused and i still am

I thought it would come into play...
but not like it did

stay away and not get hurt
which i thought was stupid
more help the better

death to save edward
ImageImage