Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

My local theater is having a midnight showing. I'm taking a couple of my friends with me to see it. The next day my 12 year old niece is visiting me. We're going to see it either that night late or matinee Saturday. I want to do a Twilight-related project with her to amp up the anticipation. I'm torn between decorating shirts and decorating a mini Christmas tree. I'm leaning towards the tree, but I also want the shirt. Hmm...we could do both I guess.

Twilight has inspired her to want to write a book next year, she says. *shakes head* She's obsessed with Edward, as most young readers are, I guess. Seriously, she's obsessed. Her text signature says "Bella loves you. ~Edward's girl~" I wanted to die when I read that from laughter and from embarrassment.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I'm going to a Prom at one of the theaters with a couple of the SLTA gals. So, we'll be seeing it at midnight. Then, I'm going again at 11:00, so I can go with the other SLTA gals that aren't coming to the midnight showing. And then, I'm going to see it again some time that afternoon with my niece and hubby. I really wasn't planning on seeing the movie three times in one day; it just worked out that way. I really hope I like it; otherwise, the second and third showing isn't going to be very fun. :lol:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I think I'm going with you jenni to see the midnight showing and possibly the 11:00 am one too. Still working on transportation. Less than a week...I get to start packing now!! Woo Hoo! MG is pretty pee've at me that I won't be here to go with her. I told her to go with a gaggle of girlfriends. Come on...she went to the BD release in Utah without me...

GNE you did an amazing job with The Great Pumpkin. I didn't see Hocus Pocus so I couldn't do that one, but since we've moved on to Thanksgiving...why don't you have a go at Twilightizing A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thank you for the compliment, Nima, but I think I should bow out gracefully and let someone else show off his or her Twilightizing skills.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm going to see the movie on the following Saturday, since hubby and my book buddy have to work. Hopefully my twilight t-shirt arrives in time for me to wear it.

I will pass on Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving because I can't remember it. :oops:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilighterrr
Settled in Forks

Post by twilighterrr »

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to the Lexicon and have found to like this thread the best. Anyways I am very interested to see the movie, almost hesitant because the books have been absolutely wonderful, I am slightly afraid the movie won't do its justice...but that's just me.

I have never been apart of any kind of book club or forum, fan site type of thing after I have read a book. So it amazes me that Twilight would do that to me - I guess I just want to keep talking about it. But I want to know why you guys after reading Twilight, what makes you want to talk more about it or what makes you want to keep reading it over and over again? Are we not fulfilled only by reading it once?

Is anyone part of book clubs that have read and discussed the Twilight Saga? I am intrigued to see how it's different to the forums - if anyone in a book club wants to offer me that perspective! ;)
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I actually reviewed it, Twilight specifically not the series, for my book club. We started with a trivia quiz and the winner won a Forks HS t-shirt. The second place winner won a compliation CD of different versions of Clare de Lune which I burned. My review included an overview of SM and how the book got written. I dug up the poem that inspired Clare de lune and we discussed it. We talked about music in TW and part of SM's writing process. I found the sheet music to one of my favorite songs offered up as a possibility for Bella's Lullaby (This was before anything was done on the movie) and had someone play the song. We discussed humor, redemption, chastity, technology (how realistic was it for Bella not to have a cellphone, a dail-up modem, and a CD player, not an ipod?) We talked about the characters names, the Cullens as criminals, the humans, was Bella seduced or not? So many fun things. As part of the technology discussion, I hooked my laptop up to my TV and with wifi was about to show them some fun stuff from the web like the pictures of Bella's prom dress, SM's brothers, the Cullen cars, all the fun Lex stuff including the timeline and SM's Personal Correspondence. The food we served was fun too. I really was a fun night.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I'm so excited you get to join us, Nima! Woo hoo! I hope everyone else has fun with their plans!!!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Welcome, twilighterrr! Glad you joined us :)

I'm going midnight on Thursday with a huge bunch of ladies in our area. But I liked Ouisa's idea of going in the morning while the screaming fangirls will be in school... I might just do that as well if I like the first showing :D

ONLY THREE MORE DAYS!!!! *does happy dance*
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome Twilightterr, glad you have found us! Personally I think this is the best website for Twilight related discussions as well as other book discussions. There is a great group of people on this lex and I have found most discussions and people here are respectful and open.

Yay, I get to see the movie this Saturday, I just hope my Twilight shirt arrives on time!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!