Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
RenesmeeCullen94
Settled in Forks

Re: Elizabeth Masen

Post by RenesmeeCullen94 »

Jazziscool wrote:I wonder if she made Edward work hard or if she spoiled him?
:?:
Spoiled Completely, As Bella said, Edward's generosity is a learned behavior.

***RenesmeeCullen94***
TEAM EDWARD – Because I said so
WARNING: Edward Cullen is NOT effective birth control
Why am I covered in feathers? – Bella Cullen
You.Got.Food.In.My.Hair. - Rosalie Hale
Midnight Sun Virgin
liberal_hippie
Wandering Through Town

Post by liberal_hippie »

I think Edward inherited his mind-reading abilities from his mother. I think she had at least some ability to read minds, and that's how she knew there was something special about Carlisle. I don't think he would have been thinking "I'm a vampire, I'm a vampire." But he might have been thinking things like "I wish I didn't have to pretend to sleep when all these people are dying" and "I'm so thirsty". It wouldn't necessarily give him away, but it would make her know that something was different. Also, Edward is singularly observant, and I think he got that from his mother as well.
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

wouldnt it be hilarious if it was liz and edward sitting there human edward reading hes like ¨your making my favourite roast tonight mom!! thanks¨ elizabeth looks athim funny ¨i was thinking about making that but i haddent decided that yet edward i swear, sometimes you can read my mind...¨ hehe im in tears laughing right now :D
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

alellie wrote:Three reasons Elizabeth Masen is awesome:
1. She's absolutely the type of person I'd picture of as Edward's mother: sweet, warm, motherly, yet elegant at the same time. I can just tell by her name. Elizabeth. Elizabeth. Elizabeth. =D

2. She had some intuitiveness that Carlisle was something else. Maybe Edward got his intuition (and enhanced mind-reading skills) from his mother.

3. Read Twilight. In almost every chapter, he's mentioned. Edward. Edward. Edward. *sigh* What would we ever do without you?

-Janine
Regarding point #2, I've been thinking this exactly. I don't think she specifically knew Carlisle was a vampire but that he was something else and that he could save Edward. Whatever Carlisle was it clearly couldnt be that bad since there he was, a compassionate and kind doctor fighting to save lives. I think it's pretty safe to say that Edward inherited this intuition from his mother which incarnated as mind reading in his vampiric form.

I absolutely love the fact that Edward pretended to survive the epidemic in order to claim his mother's things and that he still owns the house. Do you think he would ever bring Bella and Renesmee to his childhood home?

And, since the Masens were wealthy I'm sure they had plenty of photographs. Pictures of human Edward? That would be so sweet.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

liberal_hippie wrote:I think Edward inherited his mind-reading abilities from his mother. I think she had at least some ability to read minds, and that's how she knew there was something special about Carlisle. I don't think he would have been thinking "I'm a vampire, I'm a vampire." But he might have been thinking things like "I wish I didn't have to pretend to sleep when all these people are dying" and "I'm so thirsty". It wouldn't necessarily give him away, but it would make her know that something was different. Also, Edward is singularly observant, and I think he got that from his mother as well.
*GASP* You're right!!
omygosh!! OF COARSE!

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

RenesmeeCullen94 wrote:
Jazziscool wrote:I wonder if she made Edward work hard or if she spoiled him?
:?:
Spoiled Completely, As Bella said, Edward's generosity is a learned behavior.

***RenesmeeCullen94***
He was referring to 'learned behavior' as in,learned from Carlisle. That's what Bella thinks when she learns Carlisle gave an island as a gift.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Cymbrelynn wrote: I absolutely love the fact that Edward pretended to survive the epidemic in order to claim his mother's things and that he still owns the house. Do you think he would ever bring Bella and Renesmee to his childhood home?

And, since the Masens were wealthy I'm sure they had plenty of photographs. Pictures of human Edward? That would be so sweet.
OMG!! That would be SO good! Someone should right a fan-fic about that . . . can you imagine Bella's shock when she realises Edward didn't always have the looks of a god?

He'd still be cute, though.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

The description of E.M.s dying wish made me want to read more about Carlisle... Do you ever wonder if he's holding back some of what he knows for fear of upsetting the others? I would love to read how she came to realize who/what was caring for her. How long did she know? Why did she wait for her dying breath to beg Carlisle to save Edward? How did Edward appear to her?... was he just as "swoon-worthy" in life? Only she would really know about that part of his life...
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

She sounds very interesting... She probably is verrrrryyyyyyyyyy pretty too. I would love to have known her side of the story. WHO KNOWS maybe SM will write it.. It would be cool to know if she knew or at leat had a feeling of what other people were thinking.... SHE SEEMS VERY COOL!
CullenxLove
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

she seems pretty cool, she also seems like she was an excellent mother and reallyyy cared for her son, like she would do anything she could just to save him.
i wonder if they make a new moon movie if they will do a flashback scene, and then show elizabeth talking to carlisle. that would be cool :D

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun