Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Today was a day off since I'm covering Friday for someone's vacation and I spent it trying to be productive. Jason's Mom is coming over on Thursday for the first time in ages, I honestly can't remember the last time she came over, so I wanted to work on cleaning the kitchen. I also did a bit of baking, despite the heat, muffins from scratch and brownies from a box.

Lynne-Oh I hate the dentist! I'm overdue for a check up myself :/ I can only imagine the terror from a parents' point of view since there's nothing you can do!

Oh! That is so great, thank you. I've been watching a lot of old competitions on Youtube to get a better idea of how to describe the movements but it's the technical terminology I've been struggling with. Are you working on anything new, writing wise?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We went to see Inside Out yesterday. I ended up in tears and Little Man commented that it was sad. We're going to see Minions next week so that should be better. Not that Inside Out wasn't good, just sad.

Today I'm trying to get Little Man to agree to go to Little Gnome, the coffee/book shop that opened up recently. He's posing some resistance because I've suggested we go down the to nearby foreshore afterwards and apparently that's 'boring'. Sigh.

Sarah - The only thing I'm working on at the moment is that Verindon novella Rochelle's asked me to do. I don't have the energy for it during school holidays, either. I must admit writing it is proving a struggle at the moment.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today was one of those annoying days, mistakes made because I was in a hurry to get home and beat the heat. It was 88 today and supposed to be 91 the next two days, ugh. I was trying to get home and get the house cleaned even more because I'm paranoid about Jason's Mom coming over. She makes me nervous!

I started reading Twilight last night, Jason wasn't pleased with the pre-face but I think he's intrigued. We got halfway through the first chapter and already he's asking me for spoilers-why does she move to Forks?

Lynne-Oh that sounds fun. I hope you and LM figure out some things to do. And that's right, you're writing the prequel-esqe thing, which is pretty cool!

Do you have a time that you write the best? I've always found I write the best at night, which isn't always conductive to a good nights' sleep.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not being more active over the past few days. I've had a couple of long days at work and I've been sleeping a lot because of being so busy at work. I had a training meeting Tuesday and another meeting yesterday, so that's where most of the extra time has come from as well as running errands after work.

At least I bought a new razor yesterday and it worked phenomenally well. Best $6 I've spent recently.

I'll be getting ready for work now and I'll close out my work week with a normal day at work today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We enjoyed our visit to Little Gnome yesterday. The woman who runs it wasn't there as she's sick, but the guy was quite chatty. He recently sold a copy of The Heir. The other two were still in stock. I think they've already sold a full set of my books so that would suggest it's doing well.

Sarah - at the moment I'm actively avoiding writing. But when I do, it's usually in the late afternoon or early evening while Little Man is watching television. Tell Jason to be patient and all will be revealed. :D
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today it hit 93 and I'm quite over cleaning in the heat. It's just uncomfortable and making us move slower when all we really want is to be done because it's so hot. In Forks next week it's supposed to be in the low 70s which will be feel so nice!

Jason and I finished the first chapter of Twilight last night and I can tell he's not quite hooked yet but I wasn't hooked until chapter five so we have some time. Reading the Saga outloud makes me like it more in a strange way :)

Lynne-I didn't realize Inside Out was sad! I haven't read reviews because I still want to see it but maybe not in theaters if it's sad.

Good for you for selling another copy! What a great idea, having a bookstore/coffee shop!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

My father is launching his new book at our place this afternoon. It's on John Wesley, the man who founded Methodism. Little Man and I spent the day cooking for it yesterday, and just about everything that can go wrong did. I was trying to make gluten-free cupcakes for one of the guests but then realised that the cocoa powder had a sign on the box that said it might contain traces of wheat and I couldn't find any at the shop that was guaranteed to be gluten-free. I was going to make them anyway but they tasted terrible, so I threw out that mix with all its expensive ingredients and went for something supposed to be simple but the ingredients in the recipe weren't right. I finally managed to make some vanilla cupcakes which turned out okay, then tried to do the ganache on the chocolate cake I'd made, but although I'd followed the instructions to the letter, the ganache wouldn't thicken. I ended up just having to pile as much on as I could and then quickly putting it into the fridge before it all slid off the cake. I had to throw out the rest of the expensive ganache. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!

Sarah - I've always wanted to read the saga aloud to someone. You're really lucky being able to do that. Yes, Inside Out is sad. I ended up crying my eyes out. So did my friend. Our boys didn't.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

Happy 4th of July Sarah and Sean and everyone else from the States! Have fun today!

Things are not good here. Tomorrow we have a referendum whose result as everyone says it would be a no-win situation. The banks are closed since Monday and nobody knows when they are going to open again. People are queuing at the ATMs as we are allowed to withdraw 60 euros per day. God help us… I am really scared but I feel better -and this is how I feel, no exaggeration- when I realize that I have my Saga to keep me company when the really difficult hours will come. And it’s a relief that I can come here today and read your news and comment on them. Thank you guys!

So,

Lynne ok, is it then from Hajitis POV??? I am not pushing!

Sarah you are going to Forks? Lucky you! I would love to see pictures from everywhere :D La Push, first beach, James island…
And it’s so awesome that you read the saga to Jason!

Sean, those owls are so cute!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy 4th of July!!! :clap:

This week has been pretty hot and it's made work kind of miserable. It's nice being off and being able to sit with a fan! Since it's our Independence Day, Jason and I are headed to a family BBQ and we're bringing Rolph so he won't be alone all day. He's so good with kids and Jason's cousins have a lot of them so he'll have fun. Later I'll do a few fireworks over at my parents house, nothing major, but they are really pretty at night!

Michelle-I'm keeping up with what's going on in Greece a bit through the news and I think it's just crazy..I'm so sorry to hear!

I've been to Forks a few times before, twice with a girlfriend whom I'm no longer friends with, so Jason took me on a day trip last summer and liked it so he booked us a cabin there (right there by the treaty line!) last summer and loved it since it's really beautiful up there. He enjoys camping so staying in a cabin a good compromise for us and he found a cancellation. I'll have to find my pictures and post them for you here in the next day or two. Anything to cheer you up!

Lynne-we will see if we actually get through it. He doesn't seem to be that interested in it though I do love reading it aloud to him. I hate when baking goes wrong :/ how'd the party go?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy 4th of July.

It's warm and pretty humid out where I live right now, so I'm trying to stay cool. Other than that, I don't have too much planned for today. I just wanna enjoy my weekend and stay cool.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/