Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Edi Gathegi as Laurent

Post by Nerd »

I knoooow! Man, that took me by surprise. It wasn't until recently that I made the connection. LOL!
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I loved Edi as Laurent. He was so great & I look forward to seeing him in NM (But it will be sad he gets torn apart because I'll miss seeing him, but it's good that Bella doesn't get eaten by him. man Laurent why'd you go bad? I want more of your hotness.)

It wasn't until I saw the clips on the movie website that he was the actor on House. He looks SOOOO different & definitely hotter as our bad nomad vampire Laurent.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

I was at the Twilight DVD release party that Edi Gathegi made an appearance at on Friday. I have some video from where I was standing in case anyone is interested. He seemed really nice and I was glad he took the time to show up for us fans :D I'm excited to see him in New Moon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTIcgyKROqc
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
perfect.shade.ofblue
Wandering Through Town

Post by perfect.shade.ofblue »

it makes me laugh a bit though how involved he seems to be getting in NM, when really isn't he only in like 1 scene?...and even then he dies...lmao
he's making laurent out to be a wayyyyy bigger charecter than he actually is haha
Suddenly everything was on fire;
There was brilliancy,
There was beauty.

*Jacob can go LaPush himself off a cliff* - TEAM EDWARD

&
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

LOL gotta strike while the iron is hot! He's on the tip of people's tongues now so it will definitely boost his career, or he hopes I'm sure. I'd love to see him in more stuff.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
silver-swallow
Learning to Love Green

Post by silver-swallow »

Im really dissapointed that this film marked the end of laurent, i liked Edi so much because he brought a little life to the interviews. he was a fun guy, without a doubt. (singing miley cyrus with taylor, anyone???) the cast has just lost one of its most fun members, as well as a great character. Hope to see him in a load of new moon interviews afetr the movie comes out. :D
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^ me too! & can i just say, I LOVE your banner! I just stared at it for 10 minutes before i remember i was suppsoed to hit the reply button and post :oops: but very very nice! :mrgreen:

I love Edi, and i think he represents Laurent well. Though I never imagined him as african american, he pulls it off really well! & I love the accent he came up with!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just re-read Twilight and remembered that they made Laurent not only black with dreads, but in my opinion, he sounded Jamaican! I first watched the movie in 2010 and still don't get it...not that he didn't do a bad job with the role, but still.