A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by Kat_Mac »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
The level of their wealth became even more obvious. I liked that it was so open, such a refuge for them.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
I liked Carlisle even more than before; his obvious passion for his job screamed volumes about his character. I loved Esme - she was so sweet - and it was nice to see a more traditional mother figure for the first time. I loved how welcoming they were to Bella.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
I figured it would be important again, but I didn't have an idea of how big it would be.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
I think Bella. It was Edward's idea; he was more prepared than Bella. She had to meet a whole lot more of his family, too, and all of them were clued up on the situation, adding another level to their meeting. Charlie was in the dark about the whole thing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by TwilightFan87 »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
-It's hard to be objective about this considering how many times I've read the book/watched the movie..but I've been trying really hard to see it from Bella's perspective this time. I think that the house is gorgeous on the outside and simple on the inside because the of the muted colors and glass wall on the back half of the house. I keep thinking that it would be weird to not have curtains or anything but since they're vampires and don't sleep..they don't have to worry about stuff like that.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
-I think that Esme is very sweet and motherly the way she lectures Edward about not showing off. Alice is friendly and supportive and Jasper is warily nice to her.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
-Again, a re-read..but since I recently read Midnight Sun, my thoughts first drifted to whether or not this was Peter and Charolette visiting or James and his coven.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
-I'd say Bella because Edward could at least read Charlie's mind :D The whole situation is awkward at best, considering how different they are and how carefully human Edward has to act around Charlie!