Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Addicted »

Oh una, my thoughts & prayers are sent your way.... *hugs*
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una- I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers!

Thank you Naureen!!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Una, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Una~ thoughts and prayers, sweetie. And great big hugs.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Hey everyone. Wishing you all a blessed Easter!

Did anyone read Water for Elephants and/or see the movie? Curious on others' thoughts! :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

fanMNM wrote:Hey everyone. Wishing you all a blessed Easter!

Did anyone read Water for Elephants and/or see the movie? Curious on others' thoughts! :)
I've seen it twice this weekend, once on my own and once with my hubs. I absolutely loved it. It's very visually rich and the screenplay is amazingly well adapted from the original book (which I read and loved). Francis Lawrence's sense of scope and scale works perfectly, and the movie manages to be both epic as well as very intimate. Performance-wise, I think you'll be blown away. Rob as Jacob is wonderful, innocent but with a streak of innerstrength that just makes you love him. Reese is everything that Marlena should be; a bit of a screen siren with a streak of survivor in her. Christoph Waltz is towering, somehow managing to make you feel just the teeniest bit of sympathy for August even as you hate him. But, it truly is Tai the elephant who steals every scene she's in. Hubs is in agreement. He thought it was very well done, very old-world Hollywood. Trust me, you will never regret seeing it. But, I do recommend reading the book first.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I just watched a good portion of the Royal Wedding. I can't believe I got teary! I remember when Diana and Charles were married, and then I remember well when Diana died. I cried for days when Diana died, not because I loved her, but because I kept thinking about her boys and how they wouldn't have her anymore (I was trying to get pregnant with my first at the time). So as I watched today I felt happy for William and that he seems so happy. I loved Katherine's dress and she looked radiant. I really want this to be a happy marriage for them. It seems like they have really tried to do things there own way (with the traditions as well) and will hopefully be happy.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Just had an EP flashback today when I saw an article on the top baby names for 2010:

Jacob continued a 12-year run as the most popular name for boys in 2010, according to the list released Thursday. Isabella was the most popular name for girls for a second year at the top.

Never fear, Edward fans, Jacob's name was a hot trend for a long time. But Isabella hitting #1? Please, didn't the writer get the Twilight connection? Guess not, no mention of it.

And then there was this tidbit:

Religious names have endured - and even received a new twist.

Nevaeh, which is 'heaven' spelled backward, debuted in 2001 at No. 266. It is now more popular than ever, reaching No. 25 in 2010. Heaven, by the way, dropped 52 spots to No. 324.

EP Alert!! EP Alert!!

Bella and Edward's interview -- Part 2

E: And this %*&#@! about taking a normal name and spelling it all weird, like %*&#@! Jessyka instead of Jessica. That’s not gonna happen. And don’t even get me started on these girls naming their kids Nevaeh, cuz it’s %*&#@! “heaven spelled backward”, like that %*&#@!’s cute or something.

B: I think it’s kinda cute. Creative.

E: *rolls eyes* Creative, my %*&#@!. Just name the %*&#@! kid Heaven. The opposite of Heaven isn’t Nevaeh, it’s %*&#@! Hell.

I loved those interviews.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Haahaa. Interesting about the names. My daughter's name wasn't popular when I named her, but apparently was becoming popular because lots of kids around her age have it. Oh well.

Happy Birthday Cullengirl!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I used to be unique. When I went to school, there wasn't any one else named Kayla, but then General Hospital had this main character named Kayla, and wham-o, lots of little kids are named that now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CULLENGIRL!!!

I hope you find something wonderful in the pages of a good book!