What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Re: What are you reading?

Post by audreywarenne »

Heart of Honor by Kat Martin
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I'm not ashamed to say that I've been reading a ridiculous amount of Harry Potter/Torchwood crossover fanfiction. Actually I've just been reading tons of Harry Potter fanfiction. There's incompitent!Dumbledore, evil!Dumbledore, manipulative!Dumbledore, not as great as we all want to believe!Dumbledore, dark!Harry, independant!Harry, hero!Harry. There's parodies and retellings and time travel and next generation and how many people can we bring back from the dead. It's a sickness, but there's so much to work with
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I just finished the second book in the Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin. How these books continue to go under the radar of fantasy readers is beyond me. They are INCREDIBLY well written. I especially love that the protagonist in both of the first two books is a very strong, female. Jemisin has created not just an alternate world, but an alternate universe with its own rules. I love that when I read these books, they don't remind me of anything else. To me they are completely original. I would love to spend a day inside Jemisin's head while she's writing and in the middle of the creative process. What creatures and landscapes must live in there. I can't wait for the third book!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Well I wouldn't neccessarily call it reading a book if you may, but I have been reading a lot of webcomics recently.
I do read books and I've been wanting to get my hands on 'A Clockwork Orange' but I haven't gotten to it yet/:
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
Kiri
Settled in Forks

Post by Kiri »

My aunt just gave me "Water for Elephants" so I'm reading that at the moment.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

My friend just mailed me Dangerous Angels: Five Weetzie Bat Books by Francesca Lia Block (we have an ongoing obsession with her. And mail all her books back and forth to find things like how Truck from Girl Goddess #9 has a cameo in Missing Angel Juan the fourth Weetzie book (Witch Baby takes their picture while in New York.)) The Five Weetzie books are Weetzie Bat, Witch Baby, Cherokee Bat and the Goat Guys, Missing Angel Juan, and Baby Be Bop. Next month I'm sending her I Was a Teenage Fairy in return for The Hanged Man.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Book: Betrayed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast

Fanfiction: The Billionaire Bum by Deavlynn
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

dazzel21 wrote:Book: Betrayed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast
Great series! I'm on Tempted (#6)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I'm reading Bad Sports, by Dave Zirin. It's a very critical account of the practices of owners in professional sports, and I'm finding it to be pretty good so far.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Anyone reading Matched? I'm almost done and although it's not up there with The Hunger Games or Twilight, I'm still really enjoying the world Ally Condie built.