Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by pharmer4 »

gees, have I killed the thread . . . . .
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Pharmer~I don't think you've killed the thread lol...you can google "Gods Little Lydia Lu" and it should bring up links...I know it's available at Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com (and christian book stores).

Obs~Happy Birthday to Lulu, today!!!

Ally~ That sounds awesome!! Do you want to be a Gloria Allred or a studio lawyer that deals with contracts and stuff?

Rach~Good Luck with your studying for the bar!!!

Ninna~ Where are you *echo, echo, echo*
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Pharmer- I live in NJ.. all my life.. I am not like the people on the Jerseyshore, Mallrats, or Clerks... lol

I started my job yesterday and it was crazy. Not only was it my first day but it was snowing like crazy and it was a half day. Needless to say the kids were crazy LOL! But it was a lot of fun and I am really happy to be there.

I am exhausted not going to post much tonight!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I am sneaking in during a 10 minute break from one of my 3 hour bar prep videos....

This bar prep stuff is NUTS! Ally, I loved law school and I truly enjoying learning, but this is intense! So I will not tell you to run from the idea of law school, which is what my gut reaction was when I saw you post, but tell you this part is WAY tougher than school was! And also, try to attend law school in the state you want to practice. Learning about all the Virginia differences and trying the forget the Cali difference I learned is making my brain hurt.

Also, if you can't find me in your friend list on Facebook (and we were already friends) do not think I deleted you! I have deactivated my account because it was just too big a distraction from studying, but I'll be back after the exam (which is Feb 22 and 23).

So, I caught up with the posts during my last break and have no forgotten some of what I read and am pretty much out of time, here's the best I can do:

Sami! Welcome back to the Lex!

Misty! Congrats on the book!

Pharmer! No fear of ever killing this thread :)

And... now I'm out of time...

Sorry this was kind of lame, I'll see you guys tomorrow in more 10 minutes intervals!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Truly inspired by Sami's comeback, I decided to post too. Been months but I'm sure nobody missed me and the ones in FB are sick of me. :lol:

So if you're not on FB, or so sick of me that you hid my posts from your feed, here's what's new. I'm single now and what was supposed to be a very grown up and friendly break up has turned my bi-self into a full on dyke for untold cumber of days, months, years. This man has turned into a sickening thing and I struggle to see the guy in there that I still wanted to be friends with. But I'll still try, for the kids' sake. The holidays were hard on me since he dropped his bomb on me (new 18yo gf) which made some stuff that I burried in the past 4 years to burst thru my subconcious mind and make my head spin. Now I feel like I'm sane again, my thoughts in order and funnily enough I'vve got just the same resolve as before his bomb. We broke up november 15th, I moved into my new place in begin of december. I vried my eyes out on nov 15th but never since. I was just so happy to be free of that relationship that had me crippled and broken for years. I felt inspired and motivated to make more changes in my life. That's the resolve I lost and regained. Feels like rollercoaster. During those couple of weeks of insanity (which I dearly apologize for ranting on FB) I was never really jealous of him. I worried for the girl and I was jealous of my kids. How nuts is that?!

So did anyone make any new years' resolutions? Mine was to reinvent myself wholy, in body and mind. Careerwise too. For too long I've let myself go for the sake of others. Now I've got all this time in my hands so why not? :D This whole weekly-exchange of kids is gonan stress me to no end so I need a place to put that stress in, and now it shall be gym. I start tomorrow. :) And there's a whole bunch of other stuff too that I'll be doing next week to achieve my goals. Wish me luck. :D

Congrats Misty for the book! Awesome! :D

Congrats and good luck to whomever they belong. Hugs to the needing ones and love to you all. <3

Cappu
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

it's good to read that im not the only one thats feeling so about friends...but then again...its also weird to read.
I mean, all of you are great people, who have supported eachother on here for so long. How come other ppl dont see that? Dont value that? *sigh*
maybe im just to oldfashioned to still believe in true friendship. To be there for eachother no matter what. I mean, ive known this guy online for...well i guess its over 10 yrs already. Ive been through a lot with him...his breaking up with gfs, his fight with cancer, his coma, his recovery, the birth of this daughter and so on and on. I have never met the guy irl but i was always there for him to talk if he needed it. i even send him stuff, but that got lost in the mail..read stolen..
anyway, even though we havent really been in contact much these last few years, we were there for eachoterh as much as we could be. and i dont even really -know- him. So how come ppl in real life that DO know eachother, dont even really -know- eachother. That when you really need them, they arent there for you. If ist weith moving and painting your new home, or just to spill your guts. I just dont understand it.
*shakes her head*

I guess thats why i love my lexily so much, because we are -there- for eahother. No questions asked no pointing fingers, just support and advice. Or just a laugh and a tear.
Guess what im saying is, that i really like it that we are trying to give the lex some new life again :)

anyway, guess im back with my rants, hahahaha

so how was everyones weekend? we spend yesterday shopping, buying cool stuff and nothing that was on my list, hahaha.
next week we'll be going to Bodyworlds, im really excited about that.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Misty - I don't want to be a practicing, in court lawyer; definitely more of the contract working. My dream is to work on the production/organization of getting films/shows together. A lot of it is legal related and knowing how to handle things properly so you don't get tied up in a law suit.

Rach- Thanks for the real life law school grad perspective. I have had law school in my mind for a while, but I kept pushing it around because I didn't want to put myself through that intensity if it wasn't going to make a big difference in my future. I'm actually really excited now that I have decided where in general I'm heading. About different states - that is what I thought the case would be - differences for each state. Studying for the LSATs and choosing what state I might want to end up in is why I'm putting a break in between undergrad and law school. Would you mind me sending you questions about law school as I get more into my research?

Cappu - I think it is great that you are taking such a hard, emotional, and difficult situation and using it to empower yourself and live a life you want. Good Luck with your resolution!

Jasmine - I wonder those same things about why irl friends can be less supportive and have less desire to maintain friendship than those I have online. I too love my Lexily so much too, you all are no where near me but you've all been supportive and in the same time I've had friendships with some of you I have gained and lost a friend in real life.

Me:
My resolution is to finish things I start. I often put projects aside to work on school stuff and then completely forget about it. That leads to a new project and instead of having 1 finished project I have 2 unfinished ones.

School starts back Monday, if it doesn't snow too bad. I don't actually have classes tomorrow, but I do have work to do on campus - and maybe a gym visit - so I'm not in favor of the coming snow storms.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Woah, explosion on the Gen Y! Really is a flashback to the old days – especially with all the old faces posting - I can hardly believe it!

Thank you all for being excited for me and Codaniel. You guys are so sweet! I’m here and having an absolutely amazing time with him – as always! Its our anniversary tomorrow! I can hardly believe it, this has truly been an amazing year! :mrgreen:

Rose well done for graduating law school. I like the tat idea of state flowers. If you ever lived outside of the states, most countries have a national plant or flower so the idea would still work.

Ally, important question regarding the Dr Who calendar....I assume its David? Please PLEASE don’t let it be Matt! Lol, loving that it has all the UK holidays! Dont forget to give us all the link to your blog please?

Hello and welome Lulu. We really are one big family here and newcomers are always welcome – just jump right in!

Aw Janny I’m so sorry to hear about all your rubbish friend stuff. I can relate, I really can. But you have your Lexlings. And I don’t know about you but I REALLY hope me and you can organise a meet up this year!

Pharmer I spotted the Wide Awake reference! I’m so sorry to hear about the unrequited love. *Hugs* Y’know thats exactly how me and Codaniel got together? But then one of us wasn’t already with someone...that was meant to be comforting and I think I just made things worse....I’m sorry...um – more hugs?
Couldnt you run away for a little while – take a holiday and try and take your mind off things?

Sami! Its been HOW long since you posted? HI! Quarter life crisis? Aww sweetie *hugs* My advice? Adventure! I know exactly what you mean about friends, and also about how hard it is to make new friends as an adult. I’d love to make some new friends here in FoCo but it just feels so...awkward.

Maria I’m sorry I havnt said anything on FB, I didn’t know how public it was or what. But I truly am sorry for everything your having to go through. It really does suck at the best of times and having kids in the mix cant be easy either. But it sounds like overall this is going to be a positive thing for you? A new start and a new beginning?

I cant promise a post a day but I will try and keep up better with everyone and maybe at least post every few days or so.

Love my Lexily!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Ally- Thanks for the Jersey Shore recap! I may try to catch it on demand tonight if I can. I'm debating on whether or not it's worth trying to go back and watch Season 1 LOL The things I watch when there's no new episodes of True Blood or Vampire Diaries on. I have also found that all types of different people love Jersey Shore too. Good job on the networking! I'm sure law school will be tough, but you can do it. Can't wait to see the blog posts when they're up! I love crafting of all sorts, but I can never seem to find the time to actually finish projects these days.

Pharmer- I love Kevin Smith movies, Mallrats is one of my all time favorites, so I appreciate your opinion. Not sure that's an entirely accurate portrayal of the entire population of New Jersey, but I'm gonna go with it anyway LOL I'm sorry to hear about your separation and the further heartbreak after. Stay strong :)

Maria- Glad I could inspire you and, silly girl, how could anyone be sick of you?!?! I know I haven't responded much to anything on FB lately either, but I have been keeping up a bit with what's been going on with you. I really admire how strong you've been the past couple months. It must be hard with the children, you can't just kick the jerk out of your life forever. Just keep your head up and continue being the better person throughout it all. You deserve much better and I'm sure 2011 has wonderful things in store for you. You absolutely deserve it! Good luck with the gym too... I've just started working out again this past week after about a month or so break for the holidays (oops) and my body is quite sore with me for it... literally.

Janny- My thoughts and feelings exactly... So many of my lexlings have been more amazing friends to me than those I've had in real life. I wish we could all be so fortunate to know each other in real life, but regardless, we will always have the Lex to share :) What's Bodyworlds by the way? Sounds interesting.

Sarah- I know, I know :oops: I wholeheartedly apologize for my neglect. I feel like we've barely spoken since we saw each other and now I realize it's going on nearly a year. I would love to take an adventure, but it's really not something I can afford right now LOL I guess I should figure out some low budget mini-adventures of some sort. I've been following the whole countdown on FB, so glad to see you've finally made it back to Codaniel. You two are so perfect and sweet together, I'm really so happy for you both *hugs*

I don't have any real resolutions. I'm trying to continue my healthier lifestyle that I've been focusing on the past few months. I'd just like to be happier this year, whatever it takes. I'd love to find a better job, lose some weight, make some friends, have some fun. I just want to make 2011 better than 2010 overall.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

About 10 years ago I became really good friends with someone online and we kept wanting to meet up and everything kept falling through and my mom asked me why that was...she said that she thought it was because we were both afraid to actually connect on a "real" level. If we were only online friends it would be "safe" for both of us and it wasn't as likely that we would be hurt if we just maintained the friendship as it was. All of us seem to be kind of the same...we are really great at maintaining online friendships...but friendships IRL arent so easy.
I have had really great friends I've met through here that I have met in real life and have found out they weren't the people IRL that they made themselves out to be online...so I am still a little uneasy about letting that guard down anymore...but on the overall I think we are super great group of ppl and I honestly consider most of the people I have met online my "real" friends.

Sami~I am so excited you are back on...and I have a book that is begging me for time to ship it to you!!
Cappu~I agree...I think you are using the bad things as a positive to change your life! That's GREAT!!!
Sarah~I am happy for your happiness...believe it or not...
Ally~That sounds pretty exciting work! Good luck!!
Janny~Look what you started!! :P