Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by navarre »

VirginiaMay wrote:
On another note entirely...

I wanted to let you know about a new Fandom effort. Fandom for Preemies is going to be raising money in November to benefit the March of Dimes.

People donating to the cause will receive a compilation of fanfiction one-shots and outtakes from various authors. Since I will be participating in the effort, a first for me as a writer, I thought I'd spread the word. :-)

Whether you want to donate or contribute, I hope you will give it a look. It is a worthy cause and one many TwiMoms hold near and dear.

From their website: "Donating to Fandom for Preemies is simple. From November 1st through November 30th, you may visit our Virtual Band on the March of Dimes website. Once there, click on Donate in the Name of this Child and post your donation (minimum of $5). Once you have received your confirmation receipt, forward the receipt to us at [email protected] and we will send you the Preemie Compilation."

Donations are not being taken until November 1st, but writer's wanting to contribute can sign up now and have until October 21st to submit their contribution to the group. You can see the list of author's already contributing here. (I'm not on it yet, just submitted my info tonight! ;) )

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll get involved! Hugs, Ginnie

Thanks for the links, Ginnie.
It is great to some of my favorite authors on the list:

dontrun - "Homecoming"
Wintersale - "Sire", I believe she has done outtakes for "Dead Confederates" and "Youth Without Age, Life Without Death" - both of thoses written by goldenmeadow.
elusivetwilight - "Incubus Anomoly"

Anyway, this is a wonderful idea. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

MAY DAY! MAY DAY!
I have had to put reading UofEM on hold for a few weeks and am now ready to read the updates, but I can't find anything but Chapters 1 and 2 available on FanFic.net or on Twilighted!! :x :?
SOMEBODY HELP BEFORE I SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

^^^No idea. I just checked SR's blog and he didn't mention anything on there yet. http://www.sebastienrobichaud.com/
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Well what a d@mn shame!! It appears that SR pulled down UoEM because some @$$ copied it and claimed it as their own! If you go to his story on FanFic and click on the reviews the most recent reviews state that is what happened. :o :shock: :evil: It's beyond me how someone thinks that they can get away claiming such a widely known and read story to be theirs. Don't understand that at all!! I hope SR can get it back up soon.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

:x :twisted: :roll: I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO FINALLY GETTING TO READ THE UPDATES! I completely understand the urge to pull a story when your work is violated in such a horrible way. However, I wish authors would remember those of us who follow their stories so closely and make it possible for us to keep reading somehow. I am soooo invested in UofEM, and I NEED to read the updates! :? Oh well, I guess I'll just continue to shield my eyes when I'm visiting this thread. Staying spoiler free is soooo not me. :lol:
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

MissP~ I'm sure SR is just working out the best way to proceed and doesn't want to put anything out until he has an entire answer. Believe me, I feel your pain, girl. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and wait for official word together. I'm thinking he might do something similar to what Khar had to do with EP. It seems more and more authors are having to take that step. Such a shame that people have to be so lazy and cruel as to just steal work that isn't theres, ruining it for all us readers in the process.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

The UofEM debacle makes me really sad.

However, I was just thinking about that story and the author the other day. I was pondering the fact that such and intelligent and meaningful story really deserves to see publication. I also remembered reading somewhere that SR had said (s)he decided on writing UofEM just to see if (s)he could write fiction. That thought made me realize that perhaps UofEM could/would be reincarnated at some point for publication independent of fanfiction- though SR hasn't said so- and I wondered how much longer it would be available were that the case.

Either way, I truly hope that it will be made available in it's entirety at some point. :(
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I don't think UoEM would get picked up by any publisher tbh. First off, it's already been put out there, even if the names are changed. I don't think I consider most of the AH fanfic publishable actually. It's the connection I know Bella and Edward have from Twilight that appeals to me. People thought Wide Awake should be published too, but I just didn't see it. That was made into a pretty PDF for download though.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Interesting thoughts about publishing ffn.

I know that Omni press, an offshoot of Twilighted, does indeed turn fanfics into published fiction. The stories are changed dramatically, but many of them are fics that you may have read four or so years ago. They have been re-born as original fics, and you would not know it unless you knew the original story.

UofEM is one of those stories that could make it IF he is able to use the dynamic of the story to convey the what the names Edward and Bells automatically convey to all of us.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I figured out what I can compare fanfic too: mass-market paperback romance novels. They're all a bit unrealistic, quite often corny, and almost always angsty. This isn't saying they're bad because I mean, look at Danielle Steel and I've also read several Fern Michaels books... but for main stream hardcover fiction, they wouldn't fit among the Dan Browns and Jodi Picoults of the world.