What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: What are you reading?

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Well, maybe if you've seen the movie, but probably not. There's half a bazillion inside jokes from the previous books that are all layered into the other books (there's jokes in the first book that come from the third one), so you kinda need to read them all. BUt I totally suggest Hitch Hikers Guide, its probably the most hillarious book from pre-2000.

Finished off a book called Graceling, which wasn't that bad. I'd rank it about even with Eragon, for the writing style. Its got a good plot and story ideas, but sometimes the writing leaves a bit to be desired, just like Eragon. Still an interesting book, so I'd recommend it.
egaeci
Learning to Love Green

Post by egaeci »

I'm currently reading The Divine Comedy, by Dante. I've spent a long time thinking it's a really tough book to get through, but it isn't, really. Not easy either, but definetely manageable. Most of what makes it hard is all the references to medieval persons, astronomy and beliefs, but there are notes explaining a lot of it so I'm not totally lost. :)

The book before that was Murakami's hard boiled wonderland and The end of the world. Also not an easy book (story-wise, that is), but I'd really recommend it! I love his writing style.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Rereading Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

SweetImpakt wrote:
How far are you in the book? When I was reading it, I found is very hard to connect with the first like 100 pages or so. But after that, it started to get really really interesting, and I became completely hooked. It's an amazing amazing book. The story is wonderful, but it has a really really slow start. I know, but it is necessary. You should give it a chance and continue reading, and when you finish the book you should say wheter you liked it or not, I had the same feeling in the beginning ! :D
Thanks for the advice! You were right about the slow start...it's a bit complicated to get into the story: at the beginning everything was a bit caothic and incomprehensible. But as soon as you gent into the real story the book is good. Not a masterpiece, if I can say, but a smooth and entertaining reading.

I'm back to the Morganville series right now and reading "Lord of misrule"...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am finishing a book titled Slightly Married that I have been trying to read for awhile now but was to buzy reading a fanfic titled Wide Awake. Picked up Slighly Married and right now all I feel is slightly bored with it so I will probably read Handle with Care By Jodi Picoult.
Banner by TammyAZ
danii_damages
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: the edge of humanity, because i'm just that awesome.

Post by danii_damages »

At the minute i'm reading Alice in Wonderland again, and next it will be Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison. This is from the Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging range. Nothing to do with Vampires or anything but still amazing :D
Danii☺♥
''Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?'' <3
Love has no limits.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

A excerpt from Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
TAKE THAT, EDWARD! You and your sparkly backside are gunna get PWNED by Abe! WHAT NOW?!? Mwahahaha.
Man, I can't wait for this book.

In the mean time, I'm reading Scott Westerfeld's Midnighters series. Still on the first book. Its weird, but good.
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Looks like she's about as sick of vampires as everyone else who's been into dark fantasy in the last 15 years. This one is about a ghost, a sorceror, a football player, a psychic, an elemental, and a future member of the Church of Satan. It's a good story, definately more mature and polished than In The Forests of the Night and with more spirit than The Kiesha'ra.

I particularly like that even with grad school, starting a career as a teacher, planning a wedding, keeping up with family, running her own site, and deadlines she still has time to talk to fans through im, pm, or her myspace. Though I feel a little cheated taht she let me believe that ToD was going to end completely differently than how it did.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
just2whitennerdy
Settled in Forks
Location: Watching you through a hole in your wall. (A hole that I drilled, of course.)

Post by just2whitennerdy »

The Color of Water by James McBride
(For English. It's REALLY good. O.O)