New moon special effects

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Re: New moon special effects

Post by paula_bnsnt »

ravenwing110 wrote: And the fight at the end, when Edward's face cracked, was so cool. I could never really imagine the whole "they're stone!" thing, but that helped a lot.
Definately!! The crack was great, I couldn't imagine them as stone either! And the sound that went with it and the general vampire being ripped to pieces (the X vampire from the Volturi's story and Laurent) helped too.
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

Have just seen the New Moon movie and the effects are amazing! The effects in it are amazing, the bigger budget has really made a difference, the vampire running scenes look much better than in Twilight...

The wolves...WOW! There is nothing else to say apart from that! hehe.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Just got back from the cinema! The special effects were amazing. Loved all the fights in the movie, esp. between Edward and the Volturi members. The wolves looked cool... And I think the sparkling was much better than in Twilight. :)
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Having seen New Moon, I must say that the special effects were stellar. New Moon is one of the most successful movies of the year, and yet it does not have an immense Hollywood budget. I thought that the wolves were particularly convincing, especially with how their hair realistically moved with the wind.

Two thumbs up.
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

New moon special effects

Post by rainbowcrayon »

I loved the werewolves (shapeshifters, I suppose). They were fantastic and so much better than I was expecting.
Although it was better than Twilight, I still thought Edward looked indeed like a sugar cookie when he sparkled.
So they could use some work on that. Also I didn't particularly care for the cracking of the marble skin, it seemed rather unrealistic and cheesy. But the vampires were better, with running and fighting and all.
So much better than Twilight, but New Moon definitely had room for improvement, so let's all hope for the best for Eclipse.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.