Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Japer's Story

Post by E&BForever »

cascsiany wrote:
E&BForever wrote:I read the personal correspondance, and it said that Jasper lived during the civil war. Was he a soldier in the Confederate army, and from a plantation family?
Chantell
He was a soldier. It's all explained in his story though.
Thanks. I read it in his bio.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Jasper's story made me so sad :cry: Without Alice he probably would have been lost. All of the Cullen's stories are pretty awful, what happened to Rose, Esme's baby, Alice's institution days, Carlisle's first few months or so... terrible

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

I think it's interesting how Jasper seems to be the only one besides Carlisle who developed his conscience on his own. Esme, Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett had Carlisle there to sort of guide them into not wanting to kill people, and Alice had her visions of being with the Cullens. I know a big part of it was due to his gift, but it makes me think a lot about how much more difficult it is for him to maintain the lifestyle. Yes, he was immersed in the traditional style of vampire living for a long time and so I can understand how it might be difficult to change to something else, but it almost seems as if it might be easier to live the Cullen way, because he's experienced the emotions of his victims and the way he did develop that conscience on his own.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not quite sure where I was going with this, but it crossed my mind, and I was wondering if anybody had anything to say on this.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^I think it did help having his gift when he has trouble controlling his bloodlust. The support of everyone around him helps too. I think Alice also plays a big part in him being a "vegetarian" because he loves her so much and she can foresee if there is going to be a problem with him sticking to the diet.
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

I think that Alice's support helps him more than her visions do. She could just be making stuff up for moral support so that he feels stronger. I have a question about Jasper's story though. It says on page 288 of Eclipse that Jasper isn't worried about frightening Bella and then a few pages later Bella thinks he edited his story. Do you think he did? If so, why?
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

He edited the story because he was about to describe the transformation in detail, and Edward was getting antsy, so he wanted to alleviate Edward's anxiety.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

oh. okay. Thanks. I guess that's pretty obvious now that I think about it.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

his story is sad and at the same time intersting .. :)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:He edited the story because he was about to describe the transformation in detail, and Edward was getting antsy, so he wanted to alleviate Edward's anxiety.
He also edited parts whenever he mentioned that he was "well-rewarded." Though the reason behind that's pretty obvious.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I was dying to find out Jasper's story! It was definitely expected because he did seem like a "soldier". I was surprised by how much he had to go through, but then I was like "Yay!, he's found Alice...er, Alice found him!" :lol: