SLTA-Salt Lake City Twilighters Anonymous

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

SLTA-Salt Lake City Twilighters Anonymous

Post by Pel »

A group of obsessed twilighters

Who attend parties and pledge the following:

"As members of the SLTA, we pledge to
Adore all topaz-eyed vampires,
Admire all wonderful werewolves,
Admonish all cliff divers to be safe,
Avoid all red-eyed strangers,

And

Avidly read and reread anything
written by Stephenie Meyer!

Furthermore, we pledge to
Be careful around elevators,
Be wary of pushy women in black,
Be kind to the new kid, even if her eyes are strange,
Be grateful for blue-eyed bodyguards,
Be hopeful when all hope seems lost,"
And

Be blown away by the (STILL) amazing Stephenie Meyer (who just happens to be Emily's little sister)!
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Re: SLTA-Salt Lake City Twilighters Anonymous

Post by Alphie »

They have their own thread???? How did I miss this. Oh yeah, I was busy having my life turned upside down. Anyway...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Er... gals.
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

Of course we have our own thread, how else did you think we all came to be?
This is the place were we come to talk about being Stephenie'fied, Alphi'fied or Pel'ified.
and all things Twilight related too.

Thanks for the love.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Woo hoo! Our pledge is on the first page of the thread!!!

It's because of the Lexicon that the SLTA exists, Alphie! Well, it's because of Dano, actually. Well, I guess I should say it's really because of Stephenie.... You get the idea! :lol: Anyway, you are part of our reason for being! Thanks!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I'm thinking that an SLTA title is a must have. Hum....
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

What was your title before the crash, Alphie? It wasn't "blame me for everything," was it?
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i know i'm not really in it, but i would like to know a bit more about this. what exactlly are you guys? sorry, i'm just curious. :) i live in utah, and i was just wondering why there is a thread that had "salt lake city" in it. hm...
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

urcoolcarrie,
You already know us. We sat behind you at the Borders Thanksgiving Stephenie Meyer Book Signing for the HOST. Remember those fun and awesome ladies in the black shirts with the yellow sashes (our soul names were written on the sashes)? That was US!

Here's a short history of the SLTA
Last May I went to the Eclipse Prom in Phoenix to see Stephenie Meyer. When I was there I met some amazing Twilight FANS and wished I could meet other fans a little closer to home (traveling gets pretty expensive you know). There's something absolutely amazing about being at a party filled with Twilight Fans. You don't feel quite so silly about your obsession over these books when you are with others who share those same feelings. You kind of feel...normal.

So after Eclipse was released in August and the message boards here at the Lexicon were on fire, or ice depending on your preference, with tons of new members, some of us older folks got lost in all the chaos and started searching for fans of similar age ranges and similar needs to actually meet in person to talk about the Twilight Saga. And so we did, in the safety of a crowded restaurant during the middle of the day with cell phones in hands in case of an emergency, we exchanged screen names, real names, and started sharing how we each came to read and love the Twilight Saga.

Since that first trip to TGIFridays for lunch with ten in attendance, we've grown to an astonishing membership of 25. We've had to cap our enrollment, not because we don't want others to have fun sharing Twilight Moments, but it's really really hard to find a restaurant for 25 very loud and giggly women. Even our own homes get pretty small when we're all together.

We've been meeting once a month for the past year, and sometimes more. We throw Twilight Themed Christmas and Birthday parties. We've played tons of Twilight Themed games. We've even taken a trip to FORKS, WASHINGTON together. THAT'S RIGHT WE'VE BEEN TO FORKS! And it was amazing.

We've also had the amazing opportunity to meet some pretty influential people in the Twilight Fandom.
We've been honored to meet Alphie, Pel, and Be My Escape from the Lexicon. We've partied with the owner of TwilightTeez.comand Infinite Jewelry Inc. (the creative genius behind the Official Bella's Bracelet and Bella's Engagement Ring)
But perhaps the highlight of meeting influencial people was the opportunity to visit with EMILY and her friends. Believe me that was one magical Twilight moment. (If you don't know the Emily I'm talking about you probably need to read the dedication page of Twilight again). Oh yea we've all had our books signed by Stephenie Meyer, but standing in line and saying thank you, as she scrawls her John Hancock on the title page doesn't really count as MEETING her.

But mostly we are just women who love Twilight and have become the best of friends because of it. Only I think we've lost our anonyimity somewhere back in May.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

oh i remember you guys! ha ha! and that is so cool! ya, it helps to have people who like the same things as you do. AND I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAVE MET EMILY!! im so jealous!

ok, i'll stop butting in and let you guys have your thread back to yourselves. te he. thanks for sharing! :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Just checking in here. Dano I know we are capped but are we still bringing people from the utah area to the thread? Let me know!