Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Dimber: my theater had nothing complimentary. Zilch. Nada.

I'm not a Bill fan, Oleander, so don't even get me started on him. :evil: I'm pro-Eric.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Ok, technically, I'm not allowed on this thread since I'm Generation Y but I love the 80s and most of my music is from that decade. So I had to respond:
oleander wrote:I woke up singing "Take On Me" by A-ha this morning. It's going to be a strange day i think.
I absolutely LOVE that video and song! I was telling GNE when she was working on her top 80s music video that the Aha video is my favorite. I think the leader singer looks hot as a comic than in real life! LOL

Now, back to your scheduled Gen X discussion. :mrgreen:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I can't speak for all the Gen X'ers, but CG - I welcome your comments!

I can only get one radio station on my alarm clock, and unfortunately, it's a heavy metal station. Usually, there is talk when it goes off, but some mornings - I get an ear full of metal. Luckily I have quick reflexes and can turn off the radio rapidly!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i can't believe i forgot to mention V! i didn't mention Butch because he's not a vamp...yet anyway...

GNE, I am totally in love with Eric...hello hotness! I wasn't so sure at the beginning, but after reading the second book and watching the show, i am totally pro-Eric.

dimber, we didn't get any gratuitous things at the movie here except for screaming, swooning girls. A bookmark would have been nice.

cullengirl, i totally agree that the lead singer of A-ha was hot as a cartoon. Mmm...hot cartoons. that reminds me, I used to have a total crush on Fred from Scooby Doo when i was a kid. Him and one of the guys from Battle of the Planets (i think his name was Mark?)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

dimber- nothing complementary when I saw the movie either. I would have loved a James bookmark.

oleander - ah ha, they were a question on Jeopardy tonight, I just laughed when I got the right question/answer and thought of your post earlier. I think the lead singer was way cuter as a pencil drawing then in real life. Did they ever have another hit. Oh I would love to chat with you about your thoughts about BDB since I think we are almost at the same point. I'm on book 2 (Z's book).

Thinking about the lead singer of Ah Ha, he kind of reminds me of the lead singer for Tears for Fears. I loved them. "Shout" was my favorite song by the.

Question for everyone: What was/is favorite one hit wonder songs of the 80's or 90's?

If I'm going off topic, you can flail (sp?) me. :lol:
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

grumpy! crabby! pissy!

my mood in three words....

I am going to kill (not really) my husbands #$@#^^ cat!!! He isnt a fan of the new litter I got him so he pooed on the floor....I am sooo ticked off its not even funny. Why you ask?!? I just, JUST cleaned the carpets this morning!!!! I am a dog person (two boston terriers that are fully house broken and know better than to even track mud in...yes they know how to wipe their paws....thank you cesar milan) and every day I grow more and more fond of my pups. My husband doesnt even involve himself with the damn cat...ugh....anyone want a tabby?

Oleander I know you are a cat person hun...Im sorry if I offended...I would never harm Sigmund I am just frustrated at the DH (damn husband) for not being more proactive about him. I am the one that ends up cleaning the litter every day and its not even my cat...

Rant over!

side note....yes the ah ha guy was hot in that video....I cried when I first saw it....how sad is that?

all time fav 80s song: notorious/girls on film by duran duran

all time fav 90s song: dont call me daughter/jeremy by pearl jam
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Skylarblue, I'm worried. Z's book is the 3rd book, not the second. Please tell me you have read Wrath's (Book 1 = Dark Lover) and Rhage's (Book 2 = Lover Eternal)!?! I'm worried, I do not want you to read them out of order and miss any of the yummy goodness!!

Christie, my heart goes out to you! I'm a friend of the furry, but I can say cats are incredibly stubborn and typically loath change. Our kitty (because of the food scare a while ago) has been rather pissy because we changed her kitty food. She now has a 1/4:3/4 mixture with a taste of her favorite and the substantial part being one that is highly recommended by our vet. She may not like it, but she does eat it. When we first started the transition it was 3/4:1/4 and now we are the 1/4:3/4. However, we did try to get her to just eat the new food, but no. She went almost a week without eating so we did have to cave. I can't say I'm all that mad, she is an old kitty and VERY well behaved. Hope your day tomorrow is MUCH better! If it helps, I tried this with an old roommate in college, take the kitty litter box, when it needs cleaning, and place it in your hubby's favorite sitting place or on his side of the bed. He should get the hint... :twisted: (I hope that made you laugh, by the way...it was my intention)

QOTD: Good question, I don't know if I have an answer. Unfortunately one-hit wonders are fairly common, especially in the 80's and 90's. I would really have to think on this...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

Una..LOL!! I wish I could get away with that..maybe I will put it in the office on his chair...he would NOT be pleased...he is a sulker when I am right (which is all the time..HA) and it would put him in a nasty mood if I did that but maybe he would get the hint!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

It's a pity you didn't get anything complimentary stuff over there...next time I go to the cinema - which I hope will be very very soon - I'll see if I can get some more bookmarks and send them to the aficionados of this wonderful thread. The tagline is written in Italian but I guess none of you will be worrying about that :mrgreen:

Favourite songs by the '80s and '90s: un, this is difficult but I'll try to make a choice anyway...
'80s: wake me up by the wham
'90s: one by U2
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

OME...one...such a good song...