Gex X--the 30 something thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by una »

I'm more excited for the blueray! YAY!! Rob in high-def!!! Plus, I REALLY want to see all the deleted scenes, maybe there is even Alice getting Bella ready for Prom, just like SM has on her site! I wonder if you'll have the option for running the movie as an extended version, like they did with HP and LofR. I would love to see the movie again, but I'm just itching to get my hands on the dvd - do we know when it is scheduled for release?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I couldn't find anything about the DVD release as far as a specific date (guesses are in the next 4-6 months). However, I did find this great interview w/Catherine Hardwicke that talks about the DVD extras!!

Also, if you use iTunes, right now there is a "Twilight" section on the store's home screen. It links to various TW stuff, including a playlist by each of the cast members (including some commentary). Pretty fun to check out.

Jenni - thanks for sharing your great UT experience.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I am beginning to think SM knows me and modeled Bella after me... I tripped up the stairs twice today, once I caught myself and the other time I landed on my knee (a knee I had surgery on when I was 15). I dropped a pound of ground beef going from the sink to the stove (like 3 feet distance). I slipped on the floor in the bathroom after my daughter got out the shower and didn't wipe up the floor. I was going to vacuum and caught my shoe on the throw rug as I turned on the vacuum and the vac went forward under the chair sucking up the sock I have been looking for for nearly 2 weeks now, fell over the vacuum in my haste to shut it off before the belt burned up, and hit my head on the arm of the chair. All of this in the past 4 hours. I... quit... lol.

I saw the movie again, yesterday. The theater was EMPTY but for my family and 1 single GUY! However, the big theater where I went for the midnight show is still selling out all their shows after 7pm I went at 3 and it was the cheap theater cuz I had to take 4 kids. My 6yr old son sat in his seat the whole movie and his eyes never left the screen. It was the cutest darn thing i have ever seen. Normally he roams around between me and my 16 yr old, and fidgets. Then he says after it was over-- Mom? Can I be an Edward from now on? Melt my lil heart lol. My other son is already Jacob so he just naturally thinks he should be Jacob Black lol.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Christina, my sympathies for your Bella-esque day! Hope tomorrow is MUCH better. Thanks for the sharing the story of your boys, that was precious!

I was talking to hubby just now, he is watching Generation Kill on HBO and I finally caught sight of Kellen!! I got so excited and pointed him out. Hubby's response, "And he was who in the movie?" I told him that he plays Emmett, blank look, Emmett is Rosalie's hubby/main squeeze, blank look, you know the hot blond vamp, "Yes, I remember her", okay it's her guy, the big one, "I don't know who you mean." He still doesn't but that is okay. He offered to find out all about Kellen's role and research all his appearances if I get him Generation Kill for Christmas on Blue-ray. He says he'll return the favor when Twilight comes out! Yay! He so redeemed himself!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

una wrote: Generation Kill on HBO and I finally caught sight of Kellen!!
Another hot vamp is on Generation Kill, dear SuperTwin. Eric...ok ok ...Alexander Skarsgard is on there. He happens to portray the luscious Sheriff of Area 5.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I thought "Eric" looked familiar the first time i watched "True Blood." Mmmm...Alexander Skarsgaard is yummy. Two of our beloved vamps in one show is hard to resist; however, I had to stop watching "Operation Kill" when a friend of mine was deployed to Afghanistan. It was making me worry too much. I asked him if it was a good representation of what's going on over there and he said that it was, which makes me not want to watch it even more...at least until he comes back in March.

I woke up singing "Take On Me" by A-ha this morning. It's going to be a strange day i think.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Oleander :lol: nice choice for your daily soundtrack!!!

I'm still stuck at home because of the flu but, tomorrow, no matter what I have to go back to work. Rules about illness leave are becoming stricter and stricter in Italy. The problem is that I have just a bad headache and a severe cold - you should see my nose right now - but no fever...so the doctor said something like: "there's no need for you to stay at home longer". Grrrrrr.........I'd better not say what crossed my mind :evil:

Anyway, I've had a lot of time to revamp some parts of the books and the past Twilight Tuesday. Wow, wow, wow.
I can't wait to see the movie again.

Regarding "True Blood", I'm really upset: the book hasn't arrived yet and we have to wait until April - Aprill!!!!!! - to see it on tv...grrrr again!!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

dimber I hope you're feeling better soon!!! There's nothing worse than feeling like crap and being stuck at work.

I feel your pain with having to wait for the books based on True Blood. I've been stuck waiting for book three for ages now. Sigh. At least i have the Black Dagger boys to keep me busy until it arrives! I'm starting to think that the comely gentlemen vampires we've been in love with (like Edward and Bill) are looking like pansies compared to the likes of Rhage, Wrath, Torhment, Zsadist and Phury...who am I missing...anyway, i've got a big love on for the BDB boys right now. Guess Sookie and Bill will just have to wait. :)
una

Post by una »

Oleanders, you are missing the hot, brainy V and the sarcastic, devoted cop Butch! You cannot forget those two, nor (depending on where you are in the series) Qhuinn, Blaylock, JM (the young troika) and Revh.

Dimber, my heart goes out to you. I've been sick for over a week, only could take off last Tuesday (because of fever). I found out yesterday I have a respiratory infection (glad I finally went to the doctor) so the medicines I picked up yesterday are finally helping me feel better! I hope you feel better soon!! Oh, and if it helps, go to the thread called "Meal Suggestion Box" in the Twilight Zone and see if the Volturi will straighten your doctor out! :twisted:
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Oleander and una : thank you very much for the support! I might decide to stay at home in the end...but there are so many bureaucratical procedures here that sometimes it's healthier to go to work ill than stay at home :?

I've just seen on cable tv (which I'm going to get soon) schedule a tv series about vampires called "Moonlight". Is it any good? It doesn't seem to be too interesting, according to what I read in the episodes guide, but maybe it's just because Italian journalists don't like this kind of stuff and tend to underestimate it...

Regarding the movie, I was wondering if in the States - or any other country - you got any complimentary stuff at the theater. We got some nice bookmarks. There were three different images: Bella, Edward or James. No need to say I got them all :lol:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...