Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

i think creep by the muse should have been on the soundtrack it would have went well with the movie in a certain scene that i cant say grrr..
love caomb
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I'm going to second "Baking Peach Cobbler".. I think that's cute.

I think they should have put Muse- Plug in Baby. I love that one.. although I've been a huge fan of Muse for quite a while. I really hope they put both Time is Running Out and Absolution in New Moon. I think both of those will be perfect. All in all I was very impressed with the soundtrack though.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I like the suggestions for names for our next thread (I can't believe we are moving so quickly, didn't we just get this one?). I'm all for "Baking w/ Peaches" or "Where Vampires Rhage".

QOTD: Sadly, I have no suggestions (yes I know, amazing isn't). I really like the soundtrack and I understand the score is available. Might have to download that from iTunes as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!! To all that are celebrating and won't be on until after. Happy Harvest to all those that don't celebrate Thanksgiving!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I love the two titles with the BDB references...i just started reading Rhage's story...i like Rhage...mmm...i'd like to bake peach cobbler with Rhage...

sigh

I was hoping that Time is Running Out by Muse would have been on the soundtrack because it would have fit in really well, and i really want to know why the Radiohead song playing during the credits isn't on the cd. What a great song!

I really don't have any complaints about the soundtrack. I quite enjoy it and it fits the movie so well.

i just got back from seeing the movie a 3rd time. I really think i have OCD. I want to see it again.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

It was lots of fun to meet Nima in person. She's just as much fun in person as she is on the gutter! Nima, I didn't know you were going two places during your fun adventure. How fun to meet Alice's Grandma and Bac too!

I honestly haven't had a chance to look at many of the posts since the last time I was on the gutter. So, I'm not sure what was decided about the movie. So, I'm going to post as if a no spoiler policy is in full alert, even though we all know what happens. ;)

So, my take on the movie is that I loved it, even though it's different than the book and it's not as good. It's quite funny that I like it so much because I'm so critical of the Harry Potter movies. I also thought the actors did an amazing job as the characters. Any trepidation I had with the actors was squashed once I saw the movie. I guess I loved Twilight for three reasons. First, the Twilight essence was kept intact, meaning the dynamic of Edward and Bella’s relationship felt the same, maybe a little rushed, but basically the same. Second, it was so much fun seeing everything come to life. Third, it was fun to see Stephenie in her cameo role and see little references to the books here and there. I can’t wait to see it again and I can't wait for New Moon.

QOTD: If you could travel any place in the world, where would you go and why?
I would love to go to Japan. I've had the Japanese culture part of my life ever since I was a young child, so to go to Japan would be a dream come true.

So, with this QOTD, I'm going to take it a little further and tell you where I would never go and why, even though some of you may already know. This is going to sound kind of funny. I don't want to go to Australia. I have a huge irrational fear of Australia. Every poisonous creature known to man lives there! (I might be exaggerating, but still. ;) )

I'm excited to vote on the name for the new thread. I'm not much help with thinking of a name, though.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

jenni_elyse wrote:Nima, I didn't know you were going two places during your fun adventure. How fun to meet Alice's Grandma and Bac too!
bac was driving through with her family and didn't get to town before the party, but she came by to say "hello" on Sunday. Alice's Grandma..oops! I got that one wrong...I meant Alice Whitlock. (They say the memory is the first thing to go...) :? I've got pics of you too jenni_elyse...Electric Slide anyone?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

QOTD: I don't have any great suggestions for the soundtrack as I haven't seen the movie yet. Without any knowledge of the flow of the movie, I'll just say that I think Time Is Running Out by Muse would have been good.

New Gutter Name: All the suggestions are wonderful but I'll vote for Gutter Gals & Guys -- Vampires Behaving Badly.

twilightmom - Rainbow Popsicles was suggested by Alcyone a while back. I think it came in second place the first time we voted and then was voted for again for this current thread. It refers to a certain part of the male vampire anatomy. :twisted:

Nima & jenni - Glad you both had fun this weekend. It's good to have you back!
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I like the peaches reference or "Vampires Behaving OutRhageously"
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I love all of the names suggested so far! Destani - thanks for filling me in... Was that from a book/s or just because?

Last night I was telling my husband how we are trying to name this thread. He asks "What's with the peaches, again?" I told him the lines from BDB. He laughs and breaks out singing (rock star style) Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard. There is a peaches reference in it! The man can't name a member of the Beatles, but God bless him, he knows his 80's music!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Whew, I've been gone so long and we're already almost through another thread. Love all the new names you all are coming up with.

Jenni, it's funny you would say that about the movie. last night I took my friend; who is a huge HP fan; and she loved the movie too even though she didn't really care for the HP movies that much. She has read all the TW books too. I loved the movie and the soundtrack is awesome. It's in my car right now. :D I've seen it twice and want to go again.

If you could travel any place in the world, where would you go and why? Italy. I've wanted to go ever since I saw Under the Tuscan Sun.