Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by Susie »

Quick Lunchtime Post!

The weather here is horrible - strong winds and rain and only 50F/10C. My classroom is chilly and I don't know how I can bear to sit here doing paperwork (I don't have my usual polar fleece jacket today, I have my raincoat.) I may have to leave early and catch up later! Brrrrr! *teeth chattering*

Chrissy
- Wow. That is a very bad day!!! Time to put your PJs back on and get under the covers!!! You have lots of challenges there with transportation. Make sure you send an email to your instructors - they really appreciate that and will know that you were trying to get to class...What are is your housing situation? An apartment? A boarding house? Probably not a dorm since it is a community college. Sorry you feel so nervous talking to people - it's a lot easier online, isn't it? I have another suggestion for you - since it is related somewhat to academic performance (making presentations), you should check out the counseling or academic support services department to see if they have anyone who could help you with your speaking skills. There's all sorts of support out there for students. The college wants you to be successful! Later on, when you have some time and want to REALLY challenge yourself, you could join a "Toastmasters" group. Anyone can join one of these public speaking groups. Many people do it for the very reason you would - because they are terrified of speaking in public. It is a very supportive group and can be very fun. I've done it before. Friends who are older - you seem very mature! I can see why you'd get along better with those a little older than you. Do you have a job? If so, maybe you can make some friends there. By the way, your writing is very good - you articulate your ideas very well! I love your new coat! You'll be needing that soon!

Caryn
- Stormy weather here too!! Global warming causes extreme/unusual/unseasonable weather conditions - Yep. We've got that. Try to pay attention enough to get your work done today so you can leave it all behind for the rest of the week. Be honest - are you REALLY going to leave it all at work? Will you promise not to check your work email??? I'm trying to imagine you with Glam Nails......hmmm.....you're a lot more committed to special occasions than I am!!!

Jaclyn
- Again, thank you for the kind words!!! :oops: I feel lots better today. It was just unexpected.

Marielle
- *Waves* Hi!!! Evening already for you?? It's 1:30pm here..... Yay! Sweater shopping!!! BD2 - Can you think of any other two part movie that was filmed at once and then released a whole year apart? Fun set construction pics! They must have some pretty tough security there...

Tracy
- You were up extra late last night!! Like Caryn - I'm transfixed by the image you presented of a shirtless Robward playing piano for Krisella on their honeymoon........ :twisted: The retreat sounds similar to ones I've been on in the past. I love the picture of you and your family- beautiful. Perhaps a Christmas card photo???

Tonise
- ChurchRob called, but.....(multiple choice) a)he's busy this weekend b) you weren't able to answer c) he told you he has a girlfriend d) you're busy this weekend e) he's joining another church WELL?????

Ginnie
- Touche!!! Thanks for quoting that - I really couldn't remember doing it, but there it is!!! :lol: I agree that your pen name will be less confusing with all these CHRIS-names!!! (Chrissy/Christina/Christine).

Time to thaw out my papers so I can work on them......Yet, you won't be surprised that I'm a self-indulgent, Type B person who might just chuck it all and head home (or to the closest Starbucks).

See you later!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Susie wrote: Marielle - *Waves* Hi!!! Evening already for you?? It's 1:30pm here..... Yay! Sweater shopping!!! BD2 - Can you think of any other two part movie that was filmed at once and then released a whole year apart? Fun set construction pics! They must have some pretty tough security there...

Hi! Still here lurking and sulking... :roll: I can answer that question, Susie. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed in one shot and then released over the course of three years. The post-production process was done separately for each film, but actual filming to place back to back to back. Random trivia of the day.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

VirginiaMay wrote:
Susie wrote: Marielle - *Waves* Hi!!! Evening already for you?? It's 1:30pm here..... Yay! Sweater shopping!!! BD2 - Can you think of any other two part movie that was filmed at once and then released a whole year apart? Fun set construction pics! They must have some pretty tough security there...

Hi! Still here lurking and sulking... :roll: I can answer that question, Susie. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed in one shot and then released over the course of three years. The post-production process was done separately for each film, but actual filming to place back to back to back. Random trivia of the day.
and What about Harry Potter girls...they shot that from January till May, and are releasing DH1 in November and DH2 in Juli...and I know that the Hobbit will do the same once it's in production
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

hey guys im back again :lol:

suzie duuuuuuuuudddeeeeee!! ha ha thats alright, that is completely my plan once i get close enough to him to do that which'll be in a couple of weeks time, though i shall possibly be a bit drunk, although that i guess could be a good thing :lol: yeah i dont know its just annoying me because he is so far away so im somewhat limited in terms of actally making anything happen, so its driving me crazy. no im not moving to london far too expensive somewhere in the south west eeeeeekkk am very excited for it when it acually happens!!!! he he. well im back so i shall keep calling you dude and feel free to call me ace ha ha.

caryn that pic was muchly needed, i obviously havent been getting enough robcrack what with not coming on here :lol: hope ye enjoyd your fanfic catch ups lol.

Tracy he he thank you, hm i dont really have any cool stories to tell at the mo but you guys know ill share when i do ;)

marielle ha ha nope sadly im not drowned by parties and beer...though that does sound quite fun, not that im really a beer drinker haha

jaclynhehe hey there chick! lol yeah its going to be fun shall get some freedom back e.g. not have to worry about what time i get back in making noise etc, erm bristol is the plan :)

ahhhh gotta go in a mo but im greatly appreciating how much i was missed its an awesome confidence boost!! :lol:
night girlies
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Sweets! I've been home from school since 1 pm due to bad weather. We've had thunderstorm and tornado warnings all over the place this afternoon! Twice I've been in the middle of a naughty but Heavenly nap when the sirens have gone off, awakening me and totally upsetting Bella! I'm about to read back through all of your posts and do my mega post to catch up with Ya'll. Be back later!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

missp wrote:Hi, Sweets! I've been home from school since 1 pm due to bad weather. We've had thunderstorm and tornado warnings all over the place this afternoon! Twice I've been in the middle of a naughty but Heavenly nap when the sirens have gone off, awakening me and totally upsetting Bella! I'm about to read back through all of your posts and do my mega post to catch up with Ya'll. Be back later!

Yikes!! Do you have a basement MissP??
As Edward would tell you, "Be safe."
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening all!

So it's almost Hump Day here in the UK now so have an early treat!

Yay I made it on here tonight! I've been pretty busy the last few nights I wasn't able to catch up - and reading all the posts during my lunch break (and trying to eat lunch at the same time) wasn't going so well Haha! But post away my friends; I love that the thread is becoming a little more active again!

Marielle - I forgot to mention earlier that I too really like Rammstein :D In fact, the day before my final high school German exam, I went to see them in concert - I figured that was a good way to study since they are a German band! :lol: It must have worked, cos I got a 1 (the Scottish Standard Grade equivilent of an A).

Caryn - Saw your fb status about tornados etc... I hope everything is ok!! I remember once we got a tornado here (well we could see it on the hills, it didn't actually come to town or anything) and it was most bizarre as we don't normally get stuff like that. Don't think it's happened since though.. How often do you get them?
Yay for being off work for a week!! What plans do you have? Lot's of family things, or just a nice relaxing week with some fanfic to read?? Either way, I'm sure you will love it! :D

Chrissy - Oh no! Sorry your day didn't start too good... it really does sound like a lot of bad luck! I hope your knee & eye are not too sore. Tomorrow will be better I'm sure! Your new jacket looks nice and cosy ;) I need to get a winter coat soon before all the good ones sell out.
I was quite a shy person too, and when I went to uni I didn't know how to approach people. I was a chicken! But Susie did give out good advice, but I completely understand it's easy for us to say that, but much harder to actually do it.

Ginnie - Aww sorry you are feeling down today :( I am sending you eHugs!! Did writing help?? I hope everything is alright!!

Susie - Glad you are feeling better today! I think many of us are having bad weather today - it rained so much here (and my bf was gonna cut the grass too...guess not now Haha!). But on the plus side, due to the insane amount of rainfall & cloud, it is warmer here than it was last week.
Did you go to Starbucks?? I haven't had one for ages (maybe since you were here actually!). I quite fancy a mocha now...

Vicky - My sister goes to Bristol a lot (she has friends down there who she visits all the time :lol: ) and she really likes it. I've never been so don't really know much about it (I'm bad with cities etc down south; typical Scottish person! LOL). I hope you manage it though - I agree it's great to not worry about what the parentals are saying ;)
Yep we did miss you so now you have to post often again! :lol:

missp - Wow tornados for you too? Hope you are alright! Do you have sirens in your house? Or your street? That's quite mental... who controls them? The weather men? Sorry if these are stupid questions :lol:
Like Ginnie (and Edward!) said, be safe!

RobCrack makes me a happy gal! :lol:

And some Twilight RobWard just makes me swoon!

I should totally head to bed now as I need to leave extra early for work tomorrow. I just can't be bothered!! Hahaha!
Enjoy the rest of your day folks & catch you the morra!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

OMG!!!! :evil: :roll: I HAVE SPENT THE LAST HOUR OR SO WORKING ON A SUPER MEGA POST THAT COVERED THE LAST TWO DAYS OF POSTS FROM YOU GIRLS! I WAS USING MY NEW DISCOVERY OF SIDE BY SIDE WINDOWS AND GOT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE LAST PAGE OF POSTS AND WAS ABOUT TO FINISH MY CHURCHROB CLIFFIE WHEN *POOF!* I AM NOT RE-DOING IT! GRRR!!

So, for all of you who are sitting on the edge of your seats (Tracy, Susie, Openfire, Caryn, etc...) awaiting the ending to the ChurchRob story - although I hope it's only just the beginning ;) - HERE GOES!

*SIGH* I'm typing in the color that most reminds me of ChurchRob's gorgeous blue eyes. He has a fine set of muscles on him, too! About three months ago, on the first day I visited this church, I spotted Robert (that's his real name) across the room and our eyes met. He literally stopped in his tracks and gave me the once over. 8-) I knew then what I wanted, but he was dating one of the other ladies in the class. So, I bided my time. Well, they have since stopped dating and have decided to just remain friends. Hence, I made my move. I've been making it a point to speak to him for several months and giving him big smiles from across the room. Well, after the weekend events with the IDIOTCOACH (which is a TOTES different story), I had made my mind up that Sunday was the day. I was going to make something happen. So, after a very nice conversation, ChurchRob asked me for my number before leaving on Sunday. He called that morning before lunch to ask when the best time for talking/texting would be. Then, he had to go in to work and didn't actually get to call or text for the rest of the day. :( So, he called around lunch time on Monday to apologize and assure me that he really wants to talk to me. He was surprised that it was me he got instead of my voice mail. He was going to just leave a message. He was on his way to a job interview for a new job and had to rush. That's the last time we've spoken. He hasn't texted or called yet today. I tell you, Girls. I'm not very good at playing it patient! But, I want this to progress naturally. I'm okay with taking it slow because if it's right, it'll be right regardless. So far, in the course of two conversations, I've learned that he is from Michigan and has the greatest northern accent! I also know he is a welder by trade and was raised up North although his parents have roots in the South. He is 49 years old and thought I was MUCH younger than my 41 years. :lol: I haven't actually told him I'm 41 yet. So, that's the story for now. I'll keep you girls posted on the progress. And, to make a long story short on the COACH issue... I just simply got tired of being there for him through all his drama, and him never being available for me. I don't do one-sided friendships...ESPECIALLY one-sided friends with benefits things. So, I politely told him to hit the road. I have erased him from my contact list and feel very liberated ever since!

Again... I apologize for the loss of my mega post that would have responded to all of your postings for the last couple of days. I guess now that I know how to use the side by side feature, I'll use it with Word and cut and paste from now on. :? IF the weather will cooperate, it's BIGGEST LOSER night. But, the weather has now been reporting for five hours straight due to all the tornadic activity. I'll be back later...HOPEFULLY with ChurchRob news. :)
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Evening, Girls!

We're having some pretty strange weather here too! The weather guy said it's like a "land hurricane" VERY high winds and some cold rain. It sounds the same as when we have a blizzard here. So weird in October. With the severe weather in Indiana and Alabama - other states around there too - I'm thinking apocalyptic thoughts!

Look at the "hurricane" right over Minnesota!!

I actually was free this evening when Glee was broadcast (hubs took Sonny Boy to circus) and I'm so disappointed I couldn't get a good signal. It's so windy that my digital converter for my analog TV (what can I say, we're cheap) isn't working well; the signal's all broken up and it's impossible to watch! Oh well. you get my time instead! Oh oh - the lights just flickered..... I'd better submit this fast!!!

Tonise - Severe weather - you and Caryn - I'm wondering about Tracy too. As I said above, we're having a "land hurricane" here. I'm sorry about the loss of your mega post! I feel your pain!!! Thanks for the update on Church Rob - he sounds interested for sure, just relax and let it happen. It sounds like you are being smart about IdiotCoach.

Jaclyn - You know, you don't seem like a shy person to me! When I was there, you were always the perfect hostess - the one to call the front desk when there was water leaking, the one to talk to them about leaving a message for Deb. etc. Why do you have to go to work early tomorrow? I didn't end up going to Starbucks because I got into my work and wanted to finish. Actually, I went later and had a "Pumpkin Spice Latte" This sounds weird, right? There's no pumpkin - just the spices we use for pumpkin pie - Thanksgiving time, you know!

Vicky - Don't toy with me, girlie! You'd better be telling the truth - don't get my hopes up. Are you really back for sure?? Bristol sounds nice. Be patient and you will make it work. Good luck snogging the new guy, it will be ace.

Ginnie
- I missed your last post somehow because I was typing up my mega post and yours slipped in under the radar. I'm SO sorry you're having a bad day!!! We've all been there. We're here for you! PM if you want to talk....I hope writing was therapeutic. Thanks for the answer to my little question.

Marielle - Also thanks for the answer to my little question. You WANT to experience a tornado??? If you could be guaranteed that it would not actually occur, that would be one thing, but a real tornado touchdown is catastrophic. Still, a storm can be pretty exciting if it doesn't get too severe and of course, most tornadoes don't touch down.

I was just chatting with Deb on facebook and I told her we all miss her at the Halfway House. Hopefully she will come back soon to make a post.

See you tomorrow!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey HH Sisters!!!

Middle of the week already! 2 more days of work for me then vacation time. Wish the days would hurry up :lol: .

Tomorrow will be my baby niece's first trick or treat experience. My SIL's company is holding one. We went shopping last night and got her a fairy costume complete with little pink wings, small tiara, a magic wand (which she likes to use as a stick to hit her toys :roll: :lol: ), and of course a pumpkin bag for her to put all her loot in. She seems excited when we tried the costume on her. Wish I could come with them tomorrow but I have work so I guess auntie would just have to be satisfied with pictures and stories :D

Yikes just 2 days of being MIA and I have 4 pages to read...

Chrissy - Yay I'm Pieces too!!! Should be a riot here in March :lol: .

NewJen - Beautiful wedding cake. I love it!

Vicky - It's so good to see you. We miss you a lot here...Come back often

Tracy - Loved your epic mega post :D . Glad you had a good time at your church retreat. I love church retreat, I went to a Catholic School in college and every year we are required to attend an out of town retreat. It's very relaxing and quiet and beautiful. Of course, we ladies tend to break the silence from time to time at night :lol: . We would stay up late and cram ourselves in one room and chat and talk. We tried to stay quiet most of the time but yeah we're ladies, we can't help it...Miss those times!

Don't know the exact itinerary yet for the 4 days worth of vacation. But we're going around noon on Saturday. Sunday they said something about visiting a church that's sort of museum, with life size statues of Jesus' Station of the Cross a couple of towns away from where I grew up. Probably lunch or dinner at my grandparent's villa. It's a sort of a farm/resort filled with little nipa huts and rattan hammock. Monday is All Souls Day, we usually spend the day at the cemetery. Then Tuesday afternoon we'll be going back to Manila.

Difinitely "NO WIG" for Robward. I love his tousled bronze locks...

Jaclyn - Big bro has a copy of Paranormal Activity 2. I saved it on my laptop were going to watch it on the night of All Souls Day during our vacation :lol: . Thanks for the little bit of spoiler, now I'm really curious.

Shauni - I hope your having the best time of your life at uni...

Ginnie - Nice! We now have 2 Christina and 1 Christine :lol: . I'm glad your hubs birthday goes well.

Tonise - Aww you left us hanging. We wanna know how it goes with Church Rob :lol: . I'm so glad and excited he called you...

I still have 2 more pages to read but I really have to stop here for now.
I have tons of work and my boss keeps on passing behind me.
I'll try to come back this afternoon or maybe tonight...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~