Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Summer House (HH #6)

Post by older_twilight_fan »

I don't know who the other dude is, but....
These boots are made for walkin'...Rawwwwrrrrrrrr 8-)

Hope everyone's had a great day. I had a day from he!! @ work....just a lot of patients to see because we're short-staffed with folks out on vacation. And now one of the physical therapists who was helping us at least part of the day tomorrow has been in the ER all day today with possible appendicitis...so obviously she won't be there tomorrow.

Sandy~ congrats on 1st place for your daughter's softball tourney! That's great! Thanks for linking us to all the lovely WFE pictures on Robsessed. You really hit the mother lode.

missp~ Enjoy your spa day tomorrow and your last full weekend of freedom before the madness begins. The lake weekend sounds like a great way to finish up your summer. My kids absoutely love Farkle and can add up all the dice faster than I can. What were the other games? Is drinking almost certainly involved? :D

Ann Marie~ Hang in there, hon. It's good that you're continuing with therapy. We're always here if you need us.

Brienna~ It's nice that you understand where the other mom is coming from a bit better now...but I agree that she still needs to control her child and not leave it up to others, especially if she is in the room with him or her.

Susie~ how were the school performances for Sawdust today? Are you exhausted yet?

Jenn Jenn~ It's Tammy's husband who is hoping to get the new job. ;) I also remember how really good fanfiction can keep you away from the Halfway House. Especially during the school year when I work more often, I usually had limited time for the internet and often had to choose between Lexicon time or fanfiction reading. 80-hour work weeks?! I bet you were exhausted.

Diane~ good luck with your continued efforts against the crazy papz!

Caryn~ I'm glad you're feeling better today and I'm sure you're eager to get home. Twenty minutes for Robsessed to load? :o That's a crime.

jaclyn~ Thanks for the lovely Robstencrack. I'd love to know their story too. I wonder if there's any Robsten fanfiction floating around out there? Susie...Caryn....newjen? :D

Shauni~ have a great time at the amusement park. That sounds like fun!

newjen~ your vacation sounds very relaxing. What a great way to end the summer before the insanity of the school year begins. :? Rob only one state away from you? Tell me about it....I halfway joked with my Robsessed coworker today about actually traveling to Chickamauga, GA or Chattanooga, which are about two hours or so from us. I don't really know what excuse I'd have to go. If only my hubs would suddenly decide to take the kids to the in-laws....
Road trip to Northwest Georgia! :D
Rob's hands--"sensitive and skillful" :shock: Oh dear.....
Tracy shakes head to clear her mind of non-PG-13 thoughts. 8-)

Vicky~ What does "skivvy" mean, as in "skivvy for my sister?" I remember the skivving snack boxes from Harry Potter, and I thought those sort of meant to be lazy, or "slack off of work", or something along those lines.

Tammy~ Good to hear from you again. We'll be sending positive thoughts and vibes your way in hopes that your husband gets that job. :) It sounds like a great opportunity for all of you. If you don't mind me asking, how old is your son?
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!!

It just kills me to not be able to post until now!!

I had a PT appointment this morning, then worked the circus show, then took Sonny Boy out for pizza, then gave my full attention to my husband!!

The show went well today – I was a proud mama!! The school kids loved it! Of course it is quite a feat to get them all off the buses, to the restrooms and seated! My job today was to help park buses and direct the children into the building. There were 12 school buses.

Tracy – I think you need to find an excuse for a little errand in Georgia…Amazed at how much “Sawdust” is like WfE??? The directors always do this sort of thing. They must know just how close they can get to copyright infringement – after all, they are a non-profit.501 3C organization!! To defend them, though. They have two legit former circus gents who are actually in the show. There are pictures of their careers in the lobby. I’ve only seen the first half, so I don’t know how this turns out, but they did make mention of “stampede” and I cringed. No! Not that much of a parallel!!! Next post – BOOTS!! I love a man in tall boots!! Sorry you had such a hard day at work. Have a gin and tonic…

Diane – Funny kitties! I should come over to NT… How is rehab going? Are they able to manage your pain?

MissPCaryn should tell you how to post pics – she’s good at it….. You are a beach/pool person who doesn’t really like deep water? That is very interesting! You have such a good attitude now – do you mind my asking what you do instead of shopping and eating to fight depression?? You can PM me if you prefer not to post it on the thread. Payday – yeah! Because of a technicality (I’m Part time in Adult Basic Ed) I only get paychecks September- June, so the summer months do get long! You’re getting all dolled up again with hair, mani and pedi – all ready for school! Way to treat yourself. We’ll miss you on the weekend!

Marielle – Those guys don’t want any holidays from soccer! Your brother is so devoted to you! Awwww!

Ann Marie – I’m so glad to see you!! Therapy sounds really tough, but you mustn’t give up. Sorry about the bf – I’m not really sure what went wrong, but here’s a song I heard today on my “Legally Blonde” CD that speaks of independence from a man- Samantha Mumba - Don't Need You To (Tell Me I'm Pretty)

Brienna – It was nice that you were able to get to know that other mom and understand some of her challenges. Yes. I have a reputation here for LONG posts!!! (I think I should get double credit for my posts to improve my rank!)

Jaclyn- The fingers just look “good” – well, is that what you say about the rest of him too?? :lol: Yes, Water for Elephants IS trying to kill you! :? As you can see from my post to Sandy, I like the coke pic too!! I would even drink from that very same bottle!! Explodes pic – fingers AND a coke!! Next post – I love how you organized and labeled the Robsten pics!

Caryn – I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’m not surprised to hear you say you hate to be sick…..You’ll have to downshift now from operating at 200% to maybe just 100%.. yep- I’m one of those circus moms – take a soccer/softball/basketball mom and multiply that a few times and you get the effect - We spend a lot of time together the next three weeks – 20 shows, and we all have to wear black. We always joke about it when we see each other’s outfits – “Must be circus time again!” “Nice outfit” “The only reason I’d ever wear this much black in this weather!” Great WfE pics!What book is Rob holding ??? Props. For sure – he’s talking to Kristen there!!! (or his mom) Next post – killing time with slow internet does sound like torture for you – you poor girl!! HAVE A SAFE DRIVE HOME.

Sandy – You posted all those yummy WfE pics – This one is my new favorite.Congrats to your daughter for her big win – quite an accomplishment. She got to take the trophy home? Did they each get a trophy?

Tammy – Family time is important! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your hubs new job!!! Keep up posted. Oh my! Your sons’ meds – that price is just criminal! Are the meds able to control his condition? You must be a worried mom at times. Is Girl Child doing OK? Just routine doctors appointments?

Raine – EP Fluffy and smutty?? I guess I’ll have to read it!

Vicky – I know what you mean about not wanting to be a fake. It sounds like they want you to have the “salesperson” persona!! Well, maybe this is what you need to make a change to a different job – what do you think??? Motivation.

NewJen – Your vacation sounds heavenly – weather AND someone doing the cooking???? WOW. Your little guy sounds indestructible. Stay healthy for just two more days, OK?? Good luck to Mr. New Jen on his new job!!! “Sawdust” is SO copying WfE, as I also said to Tracy above. I’m not responsible in any way. It doesn’t seem to matter because it is a good show and it will sell out any way. Now I’ll have to start EP too, there’s so much peer pressure here!!

Shauni – You’ve been busy! What type of work will you be doing next week? Birthday tomorrow, right? By the time you read this it will be your birthday!! Happy Birthday! It is a biggie! Will you take your drivers exam right away??? Have fun at the amusement park tomorrow!

JennJenn – You are entitled to feel disappointed about not being able to visit your mom and sister! Seriously. I hope she had more of an explanation for you! Of course, I don’t pretend to know the situation. I would feel very upset now too! Hang in there.

See you tomorrow!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Hello Everyone,

I just don't get it
Last edited by diane771 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Tracy-I think I put Tracy instead because I was talking to my SIL at the time and her name is tracy too. oops! Hope your work day is better tomorrow!

Susie-Sounds like a busy day for you. is the PT helping you? (it's your knee right?) 12 buses full of kids? Oh goodness! I would go nuts! Well, my mom did call me today and now I feel much better. she kept asking me if I was mad at her, and really I am not. I told her I wasn't. We talked about other ways I could come out. 2 plane tickets was going to be about $700-800 round trip. Train tickets is about $345 for two people, and that's awesome. Although that would be a couple day trip, I could have a sleeping quarters. So that might be the way to go. I felt alot better talking to her today and that lifted my spirits. I even got to talk to my sister and that was fantastic as well.

Up to chapter 32 of EP now. If you have not read this, you need to, it's great! If you would like the link, PM me and I will give it to you. Just saw a commercial for Eclipse. Ahhh, I cannot wait for the DVD! I will definitly be waiting in line for this one like I was for New Moon!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hey everyone,

Now I'm really dating myself, but it's funny.... except for the swoonworthy clutching of the Coke bottle, the closely-shorn hair, and the general sexiness....

Jacob Jankowski reminds me just a bit of...

Pa Ingalls :lol:

Nothing against Michael Landon of course. ;) I loved me some Little House on the Prairie , and I don't recall a single episode where Michael didn't turn on the waterworks for a good cry as Charles Ingalls. :)

Jenn Jenn~ that's too funny that your SIL is named Tracy too. :) I'm sorry things didn't work out so you can visit your mom right now. Positive thoughts headed your way that you can work out a visit sooner rather than later. ;)

Susie~ I'm glad the circus performance went so well. I imagine you directed those kids off the buses and in/out of the restrooms like nobody's business. :D An excuse for a little errand to northwest Georgia....any ideas? 8-)

Have a great night and day, ladies! I'll see you after He!! Day #2 at work tomorrow.

Tracy
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ya'll! It's been a long day, and it's past 12:30 am here, so I am just too tired for my usual mega-post. I've read through all the pages, and you lovelies have been a busy crew today! :D I'll be at the lake this weekend, and signal for anything electroncially inclined is near about non-existent. So, I'll catch up with ya'll sometime Sunday night. Have a terrific weekend! *Hugs and blown kisses to all!!* MWAH!!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies….

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

I was so busy yesterday that I didn’t even have time to post last night. But I spend my time useful…I got myself (FINALLY) the Eclipse movie companion… I’ve run through it quickly, I’m sure I can drool over these pics for a few weeks...

SHAUNI, HAPPY BRITHDAY!!!!

Jaclyn, Yeah I know, my brother is the cutest in the world…he is going to follow his dad’s footsteps soon, within 2 week he will leave to sail the world and I won’t see him for 3 month…I’m so sure I’ll miss him…but he promised to e-mail and buy me twilight presents if he finds them…

Damn, Caryn those WFE septic are so good…I really hope we get something like that for BD as well…

Sandy, me is very much enjoying the Robsessed pics…Thanx…

Vicky, I thought it was due to the amount of alcohol in his blood, my brother is on holiday in Salou (Spain) and they haven’t done much different than drinking beer and lazing in the sun…

NewJen, I would like to know more about Robsten as well, but the fact that we don’t get it is a good sign, at least the papz and press aren’t yet invading that much in their personal life…I think we might get a lot more gossip when they start shooting BD…

Tracy, yes Rob’s hand are sure making my brain going hay-wire with r-rated thoughts…also those pics in bathrobes…ooh can you imagine seeing that in a hotel walking out of the shower…

Brienna, that's what you get with kids, when they are little they won't let you sleep because they need you to care for them, when they get older they don't let you sleep because you care too much for them...I hope you get some decent sleep soon...

Hello to all those I have missed...

did you girls see that the official release date for WFE is April 15th 2011...that two weeks after my Bday...I know where I'm going to party...cinema here I come!!!!

It’s going to be so quiet at work today…most colleagues including my manager are on a bike racing weekend so it might be that I’m alone this morning…which means more lex time…
This afternoon a good friend of mine is visiting, she is a Robsessed as well but not yet good enough in English to join up here, so we are good to drool over my Rob-collection...
and maybe kill myself

and we are starting the weekend today, just a few hours of work left...

see you girls tonight....(still soccer on tv)...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Afternoon all,

This weekend, 2 of my nephews & my neice are coming over to stay. Tomorrow we are going to a local theme park for the day, and then it is the 7 year olds birthday on Sunday, so we are going to TruckFest. I am going to be knackered!! :lol:
I have never had the 3 of them all staying at once (normally they come in 1s or 2s), so I am sure that it will be mayhem Haha! This means I will most likely not get a chance to go on the internet, unless by some miracle they all go to sleep fairly early but I very much doubt that will happen!
I hope it's a sunny weekend as we will be outside all day at both events... I think it's forcast for rain! Aah! :lol:

Shauni - Happy birthday!!! I hope you have an awesome day :D

JennJenn - Wow, 80 hour weeks at McDonalds?? That's mental, I wouldn't be able to do that! Although, in the UK at least, if you work for McDonalds you get a free food allowance - YUM! I could eat McDonalds all the time!! Haha!
(I will try to stop exploding...but blame Rob, it's all his fault :P )
Aw, sorry about your mom cancelling on you :( Just read in your next post that you spoke to her - I'm glad you are feeling better about the situation! I hope you manage to get a trip organised :)

Tracy - Oh no on your bad day! At least it's Friday today - you get the weekend off right?

Marielle - Is your brother just going sailing by himself? One of my friend's goes sailing in the summertime with her dad - they always go to exotic places (right now, they are in Antiga!) and I am majorly jealous - Haha!
Thanks for letting us know the release date of WfE - quite nicely timed halfway between now & BD...so hopefully we will all be ok! :lol:

Susie - Glad that SonnyBoy's show went well!! 12 buses full of schoolkids - wow!

Caryn - I have finally caught up on The University of Edward Mason - I had the last 6 or so chapters to read. Well, how good were they?? SR really is a very good writer. I'm just going to blabber a few things, as I'm too behind to discuss on the fanfic thread - I know you really enjoy this story so I hope you don't mind!
*UoEM Spoilers*
I knew about the accident, as I had read it on the fanfic thread, but still when it happened, I gasped. In fact the whole break up part...it was so sad. And I was so mad at ProfessorWard, even though I was sure that he must have broken up with her so she could still go to Harvard etc. And when she finally discovered what his message meant inside the books he sent her - my heart was racing, I was like "cmon Bella, find another phone & call him!!" :lol:
And the reunion in the hospital was nice - I'm glad Bella didn't just rush back into his arms. I like that she is becoming more strong & standing up for herself and being heard. When he made her dinner in his garden, I laughed a little - it was very Edward! But aahh! What a horrible cliffhanger :lol: When is UoEM normally updated? How long has it got until it's finished?
end spoilers

Well I've gotta go. If I don't get a chance to come back on, see ya all on Monday!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Good afternoon! I hope you all are having a good day! I couldn’t post this morning, because I was too busy cleaning.
But I’m here now ;)
I’m curious… Has any of you heard about Postcrossing? I don’t know if I’m allowed to post the site here, maybe google it ;) I’ve been a member for a few weeks now and I like it! Just sending postcards to random people all over the world and receiving postcards from random people all over the world! I even got a Twilight card once!

Jaclyn: I do think the other mom and me will meet up again. It was fun and I really like her as a person.
You’ll be busy the next few days! Have fun!

Caryn: Thanks for the pics from WfE! And? Is sitting in your room killing time better than being out? I hope your drive home went well!

Sandy: Congrats on your daughter! You must be very proud!

Tammy: I will keep my fingers crossed for your hubs, I hope he gets the job!

Raine: For your own sake, I hope you’ll finish EP soon, so you can get to other things :lol:

Vicky: So you aren’t a happy, cheerfully person all the time? :lol:

NewJen: Welcome back! I’m glad you enjoyed yourself! I understand what you mean about wanting to know about Robstens journey ;)

Shauni: I hope you had fun at the amusement park! I hope you’ll find a car soon. Happy birthday! :)

JennJenn: Thank you so much for your compliment.
I don’t know your exact situation, but I feel I can relate to your feelings a bit. My father hasn’t ever seen his granddaughter either. He refuses to come and visit :( I’m so sorry for you that the trip was canceled and rant all you want!!

Tracy: I hope you’ll soon have things a bit slower at work.

Susie: You do sound like a proud mama!

Marielle: Thanks for letting know when WfE will be out! Have fun at watching soccer ;)
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Good Morning - Happy Friday!!

Today I plan on resting up for the busy circus weekend - 1 show tonight, 2 tomorrow and 1 matinee on Sunday. The show is 3+ hours long and we have to get there more than an hour before, so I end up being gone for a big chunk of time!! Our meals really get screwed up - I usually get some sort of take out for Sonny Boy.

The WfE set pics seem to be affecting you girls quite a bit. There have been a lot of thuds, explosions, and near death experiences thus far! :lol: Now he's already in Georgia - I won't post pic of poor Rob trying to be anonymous in his hoodie, but here are the fans who camped out I was looking for Tracy, MissP, New Jen, or JennJenn in the pic but couldn't find you!!

New Robsten Afterparty pic - I'm sure he's just whispering in her ear.

Diane - So sorry! I don't really get it either. We'll have to talk about it on NT.

JennJenn - So you might still go to CA and take the train instead of fly? That would be great! I'm glad you had a nice chat with both your mom and your sister.

Tracy - I always had a crush on Michael Landon!! I may be dating myself even more if I say I remember him from Bonanza! :? I hope your day at work won't be as bad as you think!

MissP - Have a great weekend at the lake - we'll miss you here.

Marielle - It's fun when the boss and most of the office is away, but it can be boring too!! You'll have fun with your Robsessed friend - just remember to wipe the drool off the keyboard every once in a while!

Jaclyn - Super Auntie strikes again!!! Are you in your new house now? Congrats on getting the new sofa! Have a great weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday.

Brienna - Postcrossing sounds like a lot of fun! I'll check into it. Sorry to hear about grandpa not coming to meet his granddaughter. I hope things change...

Have a great day!