Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Summer House (HH #6)

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hi ladies,

teamedward~ It's good to hear from you again. Sorry you couldn't find us for awhile and hope you're well. You might just try skimming the past ten or so pages or you may be up all night trying to catch up. :D

Marielle~ I'm so sorry to hear about your car and your stolen radio and sunglassess. And the idiot thief actually smoked in your car? :shock: When in the heck did they have time to do that? I hope it's not too much of a pain in the rear to deal with all the insurance stuff, etc.
Good Lord...I'm not dieting, although I probably should be. Since I ran the half in April, I've slacked off a lot and haven't even jogged much this summer as it's been so ridiculously hot around here. Unfortunately my eating habits have worsened, as they tend to do when I'm not exercising. I can tell some of my clothes are more snug in the waist. :? If you need some good twi-smut recs, you might ask over on the Twilght fanfic discussion thread--I always trust their recommendations. Which fanfics have you already read?

Jacklyn~ Your BF was a sweetie to purchase the Remember Me DVD for you. I think he's already been made an honorary member of the Halfway House too. Some of those recent pictures of Rob certainly do bring us to our knees. 8-)

Raine~ I bet you enjoyed three day weekends in college. That's great that you made such wonderful friends and are still close to many of them. I just got together with several good friends from college for a girls' weekend, and some of us hadn't seen each other in almost five years (and we're coming up on our 20th reunion!). But even though everyone is spread out, it's so great to get back together and we pick up right where we left off, if that makes any sense.

Susie~ your pie crust sounds yummy....well...more yummy with one of your delicious pie fillings inside. :) I'll have to break down and try the homemade version sometime soon. The Summer House was pretty quiet yesterday.

Jenn Jenn~ I'm sorry that you get migraines; I know they're supposed to be awful. I've found that Ibuprofen or Acetominophen (sp?) no longer even touch one of my headaches. I have much better luck with Excedrin (I think it's the combination of the aspirin and caffeine).

Brienna~ The Truckstar festival sounded like a blast and thanks for linking us to a picture. I bet it's something kids would really enjoy and I know my son would get a kick out of it. I'm glad you and your little ones were able to get some sleep. Let us know how your visit goes with the girl from the Mom's group. Maybe she does just want to smooth things over or apologize for her child's antics. It is very frustrating when people won't correct or discipline their own children, especially when you have to try and explain to your own child why that is. :?

Sandy~ Just wondered how the softball game went? When do your girls go back to school?

Caryn~ Thanks for your thoughts about the papz and the myriad ways in which the various websites treat pictures of Rob—eloquent and well spoken, as always. When I logged on to my computer two days ago, the home page of the Comcast website (which is usually reserved for crapola like "Lindsay Lohan's latest antics" or "So and So's new bikini body"), even had a link to a video entitled, “Watch Robert Pattinson lose his cool.” :evil: Way to lower yourself to a new level, stupid Comcast.

Congratulations on #14, by the way. I love those pictures of Robward in the snow—just beautiful. And the way he has his arm protectively planted in front of Bella's body....I just love Protectiveward. I love the most recent pictures of Robkowski too.....the crisp white button-down, the tee shirt peeking out at the open neck, the sexpenders... :shock:
I think someone else asked this too, but why did Khar receive hate mail about EP? Just because some people have nothing better to do?

Desiree~ So Masters of the Universe is one of your favorite stories? I still haven't read that one yet, although I know most everyone around here raves about it. I've just got to get in the mood to begin another epic, full-length fanfic first. You've done so great and worked so hard with your class this summer...the possibility of receiving an “A”? You should be so proud of yourself! :D

Missp~ It must make you feel great to get all those clothes out of your closet....it reminds you of how hard you've worked and how far you've come, plus there's the bonus of getting extra organized. I'm glad your Bella was okay, but a doggie lifejacket sounds like a good idea. I wish you could link us to a picture of her. :)
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Evening dudes ;)
well im postively knackered, was immensely busy at work today and its really humid, all that combined with the fact that i was working with shoes all day made me sweat my hard working behind off ha ha.

oh before i forget one of my friends who i know from various u.k. twi gatherings posted this (for the robsten shippers here)on my fb its awesome ( it makes some assumptions but pah) and must've taken the person that did it quite a while, but its really quite sweet and i loved it, so i thought id share it with you guys as i know you'll all appreciate it, its like a fairytale ha ha.

Caryn i like your rob picture viewing rules, they are much the same as mine :D as far as i see it its fine if he's in work mode, but ye know as the lexicon posted the other day theres only so many times you can watch them getting a coffee :lol: and putting him or any celeb in danger is just not on. i do agree that i guess "we" are the reason kind of that the creepy paps do this but i like you dont go onto gossip sites, i always check out robsessed or pattinsononline and they're always really mindful of the stuff that they post, and if it really is just some pointless randomness i dont bother with it.

Susie thankye for clearing my conscience over the RM pic, he was smiley happy Rob though then so i guess at that point he was appreciating the attention a little lol. dude loving your embracing of english slang :lol: p.s. am loving the fact that you keep bigging us all up to your friends :)

Dianne feel free to take charge i am rubbish with organising such things and it was all your brainchild essentially anyways.

Desiree whoop whoop for you being another step closer to reading Linger, although i wanr you towards the end you're gonna need tissues if you're anything like me and have cried at any part of the Saga :lol:

Raine yay sooo glad you got it :D you should be alright with the crying ness up until the last few chapters thats the point at which i broke and was sobbing :lol: ohh yeah i have heard of the Mortal instruments series and the Percy Jackson ones but ive never read they shall be added to my book reading list me thinks. oh man im pretty far into Catching Fire now and i have alot of things to ramble about to you, the whole katniss peeta things bugging me still seriously katniss everdeen you love him wake up and smell the coffee! :lol: ill share my other thoughts with you in yet another epic fb post ha ha.

Missp yep its part of the wolves of mercy falls series, the first one is called Shiver, theyre like my joint second favourite books after Twilight and Harry Potter.

Brienna oh yeah thats true totally hadn't thought of that, well ye know if you wish for any spoilers to be shared just give me a yell dude. hope the coffee with the other mum went alright :)

argh twilights on the t.v. yep im watching it, up to the part where bella gets to the ballet studio with james, eek im off-ski before it gets to the prom and the two of them dancing outside i LOOVVEEE that part
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Ladies - I'll have to post hump day pics later, I'm in a hurry...

Diane – To get at specific papz photographers, you’ll need boots on the ground in LA. Response from Russia – Amazing!!! We just need this one and yours to go viral!!

Raine – I finished Dark Side of the Moon and loved it. It really didn’t depress me that much because I knew it would all turn out alright. I know I have to read EP sometime…

Desiree – Yeah for getting an A so far…..My Rob fanfic for you had you getting an A on your group project…I used to go to all those “quickie” threads before I got immersed in the Halfway House, not my attention is all here!

MissP – Why I friended you on facebook, of course. (I’m just waiting for your to accept!) I can just picture the doggie life jacket! All those clothes – you must feel like you are organizing your church rummage sale! Your brain must hurt.

Marielle – I’m glad your car wasn’t stolen too. It is a pain to get the lock replaced. Cigarette Smoke – unless it was Rob smoking in there – that’s inexcusable! Some very nice pics ---- Soccer already??

Brienna – That does sound like an awkward social situation. It sounds like her daughter has some issues!! I’ll be curious to see how your coffee date went…

Jaclyn – It is so nice of your to check in with us even when you are busy at work!

Caryn – Hump Day pics – they look like cards in a concentration game card deck – now there’s an excellent idea! Robward is indeed painfully beautiful in that Victoria scene for sure. I totes agree….Congrats on #14! I think a few gals were absent yesterday because they were reading fanfics or even other books!!! *gasp*

Tracy – LOVE that close up! Drool…Dang I didn’t get my post done before your second one!

Teamedward12 – Sorry you lost us!!!(again, I forgot your name!)

Vicky - Is “bigging” another slang expression? Thanks for the Robsten link!! Sorry you had such a hard day at work. I hate humidity too!

I'll stop back later!!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening all,

Do I need to say it...look at the fingers!! :lol:

Caryn - Haha, I loved your "cheating" picture ;) Lots & lots of great RobCrack - thanks!!
Viewing 14! Coolio - I am mega jealous! I am itching to go and see it again...soon I hope!

Tracy - Oh my...that pic with the coke can! :shock:

Vicky - That RobSten journey picture thing was nice. Some beautiful beautiful pictures!!

Teamedward12 - Sorry you lost us!! Wow, you're gonna read the 60 pages you missed?? That will take you forever! :lol:

*waves hi to everyone else*

I have an EP question for you all... is this fic very R rated? I mean, is there a lot of cursing/lemons? It's just, sometimes in my new job I sit around for a while with not much to do so I was maybe gonna read it there :lol: But, they can look at stuff on your computer and if it's very R, then I should probably read it at home.

And on another fanfic note... I heard that MoBS is nearly finished now!! :( :( I think this may be my favourite fic so far (or at least my favourite FicWard!) and I don't want it to finish yet!! :(

Anyway, gotta run - bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Vickie Hey I have no problem with anybody doing anything for the cause but if you can just keep it under the Stop the Madness umbrella that would be great...

Please everybody do what you can to get the message out. you can send the link of the last video, you can write a blog, if you know of someone who lives in California that would be great too.

Susie
We could possibliy get the name of counpany of one of the photographers in your letter to his rep.
Last edited by Openhome on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post too controversial.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Hey Ladies!
I'm back! With sore feet, a bit of sunburn and two new henna tatoos.
The festi was fantastic, my ex was there as we bought tickets together before the split, we hung out together, listnened to the music, it was nice. I think we're going to be able to stay good friends.

There are more than ten pages for me to catch up on, and I don't have time now as I have LOADS of work to do, but I did see all the stuff with Ron and the paps at the weekend.
All power to him for being so calm and reasonable about it, and I'll sign every petition going to keep this from happening to ANYONE. It's disgusting behaviour - how do these people sleep at night? How do they look themselves in the eye in the mirror each morning??

No new RobCrack today I'm afraid, have been too busy catching up on work.

Am busy busy bsy the next few days, as I move in to my new flat on Friday! WooHoo!!!

Hope you are all well and have been having fun while I've been away,
Catch up soon,
fi xx

ps) Thank you Susie for pm-ing me the HH fanfic links, I will be reading them as soon as I have 5 minutes to myself!!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Don't have time for a decent post, but just stopping in to say hi! Susie, Got your pm. Thanks again! You rock! I will see you ladies later!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Heya, my sisters... Sadly, I'm bummed tonight. As you know, I'm in Chicago at them moment. And, as you also know, Sandy lives in Chicago. We had made plans to hit the town together, Sandy showing off her fantastic city. Unfortunately, real life bit me in the butt and decided today was the perfect day for a migraine. *stamps foot* I'm still pretty dizzy and a little wonky. But, the meds are clearing that up, along with the room service.

Sandy~ I'm really REALLY sorry we couldn't get together. We'll have to raincheck for sure. *hugs*

Fi_Fi~ Glad to hear things with the ex were cool at the festival. That's always a good thing. Congrats on the new flat.

Jaclyn~ YES!! EP is DEFINITELY on the side of R rated. To say MobWard is knowledgeable in the cursing department is rather like saying Rob's kind of cute. MobWard creates combinations of cursewords that sailors and truckers never knew existed. :lol: Oh, and yes, it has a fair number of lemons, really really nice ones.

Susie~ Sounds like a new game for the SummerHouse...Robcentration!! :lol: I would so ROCK that game!!

Tracy~ I have the Lex as my home page. Saves me from having to endure other sites stupidity.

Alright girls, off to hide under my covers with the my teddy and a good book. TTfN!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Ladies!!

I was busy earlier today with yet another lunch - this time not for a birthday though! I met with a work colleague - we teach at different schools within our same consortium. I told her about you and she thinks it is very neat. She's about 5 years older than I am. After we said goodbye she was planning to go right to B&N to buy Twilight!! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

Sonny Boy's circus show, "Sawdust" opens tomorrow with a "school show" (school groups - just the first half of the show). Then opening night is Friday. I'll help out with the concession stand for most performances, but I have tickets to see the show on Saturday night. The set is so cool - everything reminds me of WfE! I'll try to take some pics to show you. They have some huge puppet animals for the menagerie - very complex - The elephant (2 older kids inside) is amazing. There is also a tiger (2 older kids) and a giraffe (head is remote controlled, I think and body is painted on the wagon it is supposed to be riding in.

I WISH YOU COULD ALL COME AND SEE IT!!

Jaclyn – You do have to tell me exactly what it is about his fingers! They look like piano and guitar playing fingers – is that it?? They are long and clean – not the fingers of a mechanic. Is it because you think of them running through your hair? Caressing your cheek?? Fanfic at work……….maybe not (just my opinion)

Diane – I’m behind schedule….

Fi!!! I was actually worried we were never going to see you here again! (I know you were at the music festival, but I thought you’d be back here on Monday) Anyway, I’m very much relieved to see your post!!! I’m glad you had fun and were able to enjoy being with your ex. Have fun moving into your first ever own flat!!!

JennJenn – I'm glad that I “rock” – it’s important that I know how to do that!

Caryn – I’m just SO SAD that you had a migraine and couldn’t meet up with Sandy!!! Seriously, I’m going to climb under my covers too – as a show of sympathy. (Did you really bring your teddy?) I know how debilitating migraines can be – you can’t do ANYTHING. You and Sandy simply MUST reschedule – you don’t live that far apart….On a lighter note - Robcentration – How could we do that online??? Now I can’t remember actually how to play!

Just more WfE beauty

Time to go to bed!

See you tomorrow!
Last edited by Susie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Never thought my state and the name "Robert Pattinson" would be mentioned together in the same sentence :lol:
It looks like Rob may be headed southeast for filming of WFE, although it's apparently in Chickamauga, Georgia, and not necessarily Chattanooga, TN. Missp, I think you're even closer than me! :D

Caryn~ I'm so sorry about the awful migraine, hon. I wish you and Sandy could have spent time together, but I'm sure you'll get a chance to do so again. Hope you're feeling better and enjoying some quiet time in the hotel without your "three" boys. ;)

fi~ I'm glad you had a great time at the festival and that things were positive with your ex. Good luck with work and moving to the new place on Friday!

Susie~ Were we dual-posting earlier today? ;)
**EDIT: I think we were dual-posting again! Good luck with the show tomorrow. The brochure looks great and I wish we could all see it. I know you're so proud!
Hope it's okay if I copied this description from the "Sawdust" brochure:

A salute to the origins of the modern-day circus, Sawdust is an action-packed ride filled with comic characters and breathtaking performances, taking you back to the early days of the Big Top via a heartwarming coming-of-age tale filled with conflict and adventure, new friends and unexpected alliances, first love and a last, lingering look back.
I'm amazed at how much that description sounds like Water for Elephants! :D

Jenn Jenn~ Hi! Hope to see you around here later.

jaclyn~ I wlll second what Caryn said about EP and the cursing and the lemony goodness. It may not be "work safe", but this amazing story wouldn't be the same without Mobward's cursing. It's just completely a part of who he is and I can't imagine him any other way. ;) And the lemons are tastefully written, although it still may not be something you would want a coworker inadvertently reading over your shoulder. ;)

Vicky~ thanks for the link to the Robsten timeline. It was so great to see all those pictures in the proper order. I had forgotten about so many of them, and I remember how we at the Halfway House squeed loudly (online :D ) when the Kings of Leon concert pics and the airport pics were first posted. The posting of the airport pictures--with Robsten almost certainly, definitely, and without question holding hands--they nearly broke the internet. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ