Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Summer House (HH #6)

Post by openfire »

Afternoon everyone,

We were out shopping last night for some house things, and while we were in Asda (buying a lamp :lol: ) my boyfriend bought me Remember Me - aww! I am looking forward to seeing it again (though won't be for a wee while I think) and really really looking forward to the commentary!!

Anyways,

Marielle - OH NO!! I'm so sorry :( That is so terrible about your car!! Will you have to pay for a new radio yourself, or do you have insurance? I hope your day gets better!!

Susie - That's a very good point actually... if I ever were to meet Rob, I really would want to take a picture. But I would defo ask him first, I would not just snap one in his face. I met someone once (my favourite band ever!!) and it was so unbelievably cool, and I got a picture with them, but I asked. I was such a wee fangirl I think :lol: I was kinda shaking and asked if I could shake his hand Hahaha
Hmm, that description you gave of Rob....I now think that NewJen's story might actually be true now!! Haha

Brienna - Is the Truckstar festival like TruckFest in the UK?? If it is, I'm going to the one in Edinburgh on Sunday :lol:

Bellsuz - Great email that you sent. Like all of us here, we are just austounded by the nerve of the paps... And mad. Definately very very mad.

Caryn - Haha, you sure made the right decision to go and see Eclipse!! I'm totally jealous about how many times you have seen it!!
Yep I read an article on the x17 website about the paps video and it was entitled something like "Rob Pattinson yells at paps after hit and run" - I was like "wtf???" So I watched the video...I kind of felt sick the entire time. Of course, no where in it does he hit another car, "run" off, or yell. ARGH!! *breathes deeply* He really is such a great guy, I have no idea how he manages to hold his cool...I know I certainly wouldn't!!
EP - I haven't read this fic yet (I'm waiting on it to be complete so I can take all the angst and heartfail and despair at once!), is it nearly finished now? I didn't know that Khar got so much hate mail...why? Just because it is very OoC?

There is this lab I work in quite a lot here at my job, and I stand next to a window. It is right at the edge of the buildings grounds and right next to the grounds is some kind of forest. Everyday I stand there and look at it - it looks quite pretty; I'm on the 1st floor and so it's a bit higher up so you can sort of see right into the trees. They are very green just now, and there are lots of flying beasties and things zooming around... It really reminds me of Forks :lol:

Well I better go,
Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Afternoon everyone,
soooo my mate texted me this morning (my best twi-bud) saying "you need to watch e!news now" soo i switched it on and just to carry on the ridiculous-ness of the paps stalking harrassing Rob story, they ran a piece about how robs dinked some guys car and drove off, like seriously where do they get this crapona from?! its still greatly annoying me :evil: and my twi-buds equally as enraged about it after i filled her in on the actual story as us people here know it :lol:
i finished Linger and i cried my eyes out :lol: its that emotional and i just feel soo connected to the characters that it was epically heartwrenching.

Brienna you have to wait until November for Mockingkjay :o is there no way you could get it in english before that? yeesh i hate having to wait for books in a series to come out, the wait for Breaking dawn and Linger almost killed me :lol:

Missp i finished it and i actually cried during the last few chapters its soooooo sad/heartbreaking/emotional but i think thats the sign of a good book when it makes you feel such strong emotions like that, i cried at most of NM and parts of BD too he he.

Jaclyn hmm really, yeah see my favourites Eclipse with Twilight being a close 2nd in fact its soo close its pretty much my joint favourite, but i think thats because its the first book and i loved the way it intorduced me to everything. whoop for your bf getting you RM.

Susie *ducks head in shame* i took his pic at the RM prem but he laughed at it soo i guess he was alright about it then, although im telling myself thats different becuase it was work related and he was surrounded by media anyway :lol: yep "snog" is "making out" :lol: you've got to love british slang, see id never say making out and i even laugh at myself writing it, but im perfectly comfortable saying snog ha ha. *edit* yep i just looked directly into his eyes, phew! he he.

Bellsuz *hats off* to you for getting up and writing that e-mail, i dont live in america soo im not really up on what laws there are in place to protect people from this kind of thing so i can't really be of too much help with regards to what people to e-mail. i only know what laws are in place here in the u.k. and at the moment just as in the U.S. that isn't much, although the paps here aren't generally that bad in comparison to the american ones.

Raine gah you're still trying to track down Linger? o.k. well ive got the author as a friend/fan thing on fb and when you post on there she usually answers soo i can post on there asking when its going to be out your end if you want? i finished it last night and i cried sooooo much ive posted a couple of brief reactions/spoilers for you on fb in reply to your post but the general gist is Sams going to lose Grace either physically i.e. death or metaphorically as his cure is only temporary as was graces :cry: and thats how it ends, not sure i can wait until Forever comes out for the conclusion. ha ha im only disciplined with my reading when ive got nothing on, and ive got literally no money (except fuel money) until friday soo am pretty much housebound, plus the fact that when a book is that good it literally pains me to put it down ha ha. yep well play.com has Mockingjay being slated to be released here around the 20th august i think, yeesh can't wait am up to chapter 4 in Catching Fire and its still progressing as awesomely from Hunger Games, as soon as i get anything shocking don't wory i shall be informing you he he.

Tracy ha ha thanks dude, its just one of those things that i could rant about for hours, hm yep well i guess at least over here the paps only really truly stalk the celebs in major cities aside from that they seem to really leave the celebs alone **come back here Rob!** :lol:

Caryn viewing number 13 yep you've officially wiped the floor with me on the viewings count, im still at number 7, damn lack of fundages ha ha.

Dianne maybes we should start a halfway house petition? thats the only vague idea i have at the mo, i mean i think its good that fansites like the Lexicon, His Golden Eyes, Twilight Source and a few others have an anti paps policy i think thats a good start. im loving the fact that all of us halfway housers are soo passionate about this issue, as you said i think its our protective instincts, that and the fact that we actually have some ethics :lol:

Marielle man that sucks, there truly are some awful people out there, hope youve managed to kind of get it sorted a little bit at least.

right needs to go get me some lunch i am starving lol, may come back later if i can think of any ideas for our little anti paps thing
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning, my sisters! Thought I'd try to get my posting done BEFORE I head to the conference for the day. That way, I won't feel so lost and edgy that I'm missing something. It's kind of sad when you're life is a little wonky because you didn't get to post... Ahhh well, the life we live, right? :D

First, some morning greetings. We got a little gifty overnight in the form of a few more candid shots from the WfE set yesterday.

Oh, but I LOVE me some pucker!

Just...THUD.
*For my own piece of mind, I will put out there that these photos were taken by a fan from well beyond a safety zone and purchased by RobSessed, a site that continues to decry the treatment Rob gets by the papz.

Marielle~ That just plain sucks!! I’m so sorry. If only Edward was there to go all fierceWard on them.

Diane~ The problem ends up being that, no matter the reason why someone might view a vid like that, those vultures at X17 or any of the other gossip sites get what they want; hits on their website. They don’t care why someone watches it. They could give a crap less. All they see is the bottom line… that X million people watched the vid, which, in turn, than feeds their hunger to create more vids like that and gives them even more reason to completely misrepresent the events that actually happen. As long as we watch, they will continue to stalk and harass him. I’m perfectly fine reading the wrap up on GossipCop, which, I think completely shows the disgusting tactics that sites like X17, TMZ and all the others engage in. So I will continue to encourage everyone NOT to watch it and ABSOLUTELY don’t post links to it. Until we stop clicking, they keep harassing, period.

Jaclyn~ That was sweet of your BF to do.

Vickie~ :lol: No worries. I’m a bit obsessive and transfer my Starbux budget into an Eclipse viewing budget. I sacrifice one like for a greater obsession.

RobPics; A Fan’s Dilemma~ All the talk about papz pics of Rob does open up a discussion though. I mean, we, as fans, have to be honest and admit that we feed the frenzy a little. If we hate how they treat him so much, how do we justify looking at and/or posting papz pics of The Precious. I mean, I’m the first to admit I LOVE getting new pics of Rob. It seriously makes my day. But NOT if they are like that last round. So what do we do? How do we keep from being part of the problem. It’s a personal thing from fan to fan. I have my own set of rules.

First, if pics are taken on a set, where Rob is clearly prepared to perform and engage in his craft, then I will enjoy and post them. My theory is that he is in performance mode, ready to deliver something that will eventually be seen by millions of us as it is.

Second, if pics are taken at what I judge to be a safe and reasonable distance, without encroaching, crowding or harassing, I will view and enjoy. Of course with lenses the size of elephant members nowadays that can get you a close up of the third nostril hair from the back, this is a harder judgement call to make. But, we are all experienced media consumers. We know the dynamics of pics well enough to be able to tell.

Third, if the pics are not obtained via dangerous or creepya$$ means (ie chasing him down in a car or hiding in the bushes), I will view and enjoy. This one should actually probably be listed first, since I’m downright Edward-esque when it comes to the safety of The Precious.

And, finally, I NEVER EVER EVER watch candid vids posted ANYWHERE!! Those are always the ones that end up creepy as hell because those are the ones where you hear them screaming crapheaded comments and snarky crap to get a reaction out of him. Now, in this case, I watched about 17 seconds of the vid, just to get a feel for what was going on. That was enough to bring me to my knees, to bring tears to my eyes.

Also, I try to be very careful about the sites I visit. I very very rarely visit any of the actual gossip sites. I get my fix second hand at a few select RobSites that have similar beliefs as I do. We have to all admit that we are more a part of the problem than we are a solution to it. But, we all feel the same way. The last thing we want is to see him sad or hurt. We much prefer frackhawt HappyRob. If we at least try to perv on The Precious in a way that is mindful of the hell he goes through, we can do it in a way that doesn’t encourage blatant harassment and indecency.

Alright, now I've got to run so I can hoover some grub and get to the conference. TTfN.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Ladies!!

I have plans to take a friend out to lunch for her birthday. (This is a big tradition of mine, so in November for my birthday, I'm booked for two weeks with lunches for me!) We don't see each other much so it will be fun to catch up on the news. I told her about you all in advance, so she'd have time to get used to the new Susie!!! By now she thinks it's cool that I have all these new friends and that I'm having fun. I asked her what her empty nester project will be.

Jenn Jenn – Sudafed is a decongestant – I find that most of my headaches/dizziness is caused by sinus congestion. It’s worth a try. It is a controlled drug, so you have to ask the pharmacist for it. (You don’t need a prescription, though.)

Brienna – I’m amazed your baby sleeps until 9:00! Thanks for explaining the truckstar festival.

Diane – Anyway we can send something to Rob’s agent? A petition? A letter with our outrage and support signed by many? I don’t really know how these things work.

Caryn – Sweet! Number 7! (You were my 5.) I’m glad you could get in a Chicago viewing, even though the streets kept getting you lost (not your fault). Oh, now that I know you are viewing Eclipse while going through caffeine withdrawal, I’m even more impressed.The difference between fans and papz duly noted. I was just thinking that he must also get sick of pics with fans. He is such a sweetie, though because he is willing to sacrifice his own preference at the time (he’d probably rather have a break from cameras) for his fans. You need to watch the whole vid of the incident because you would be mama bear proud of how Rob handled it. He said calmly, “You’re just going to keep following me around? Come on guys, do you see what you’re doing?” He tried in vain to reason with unreasonable people. Really I’m starting to fear for him!! WfE set pics – do you think those are from a post-circus era scene? He does clean up nicely. (we like him dirty too, though.) Have a good conference!! (I'm glad you got your posting in early so we don't worry about you.)

Marielle – That’s terrible about your car!!! What a way to completely ruin your day, or even week! Does that sort of thing happen often in your neighborhood?

Jaclyn – Remember Me DVD - Mr. Jaclyn is indeed as romantic as Mr. Caryn and Mr. Desiree!!! Yep. I am intuitive about how Rob smells…. Your forest lab – I would be thinking the same thing too!

Vicky – That e!news story made me mad too! RM premier red carpet doesn’t count! He was there to have his picture taken. – So you’re clear! I like the word “snog”. In fact, I like it so much, I’d like to snog right now with a certain handsome Brit..(In my imagination of course; I’m a married woman!!!

See you later - have a good day!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Hi everybody

Some vintage Rob

I do not rely on another source be it a person or article to base my judgement on something that I am willing to take a stand on. I want to see everything that is happening, so I can make the desision to stand up for Stop the Madness. Many may not see the video and want Rob be able to have a life. Many will not see the video, but please do not think badly or encourage people not to see it. To me, it was and is important to actually see what is going on, and no, I do not in any way feel that I am supporting or giving in to the paparazzi by doing so, or wanting people to see it. I am not sitting back talking about how bad it is and how certain websites are blogging about it. I blogged about it, but the impact is not the same since I saw that video. I want to do something about it, and not just read and talk about it. So Stop the Madness really would not have started if I just read an article like Gossip Cop,

SUSIE Yes a letter to his agent a good idea, Do you want to compose it? Get with me today if possoble and we will put it together. Great idea!!
Vicki Petition sound great do you want to write it or I can. Thanks for the idea :D

edit
so far today the campaign is out there and being googled so this is good. So I need to have it in more venues so people are aware of it. Then the laws and the actual taking on the paparazzi individually will happen. Role reversal might work with the paparazzi and see how they like their image plastered all around with a negative comment about them. We got a ways to go and I need people to help get the message out
Caryn- I did not post a link but downloaded the video from youtube on to my site, so you have stated your opinion. We are all adults here, that can make desisions like that for themselves to which I would never presume to stop anyone from looking at the footage. You can say that it will go away if we don't buy into it, but that is a solution that is not going to benefit Rob at all, and Stop the Madness is something I want to do right now, and for it to have an impact on Rob's life, not the next Rob or some other celeb. Speaking of what to do, and getting people to do it are miles apart and talk is cheap and Rob should have this time to have fun and enjoy his success and youth together, So I will not be sitting back just saying I won't look at something or read something I want to make a difference. I have every confidence that with enough people we can help Rob get his life back.
Last edited by diane771 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening all :)

Perfection

Caryn - Thanks for the latest WfE pics...wow!
I like what you wrote about pictures of Rob. I pretty much only visit The Lexicon, Robsessed and very rarely robertpattinson.com, all of which don't post papz pictures as far as I know? In fact, I very rarely know about any news pics until one of you guys post it here :lol: I trust you to post the good, nicely obtained pictures. I still can't wrap my head around why people chase celebrities (I know they do it for money etc) but I just don't know how they do it.

Anyway, let's focus on a more cheerful topic or lets look at certain pictures that make us fall to our knees! (but in a good way ;) )

Susie - I hope you and your friend enjoyed your lunch! What did she think when you told her about the SH? That's funny that you are all booked up for your birthday!!

Swoon!!

You can never get too much of mtvma RobSten!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Monday Post

NewJen~ Great story that you wrote for Susie. Lucky girl got a nice viewing of Robward.

Tracy~I read the article of fanfiction. I knew Snowqueen author of Masters was here in San Diego but I didn’t know it was for Comic Con. I wanted to meet that girl and buy her around for my favorite story.

Sandy~Congrats to your daughter making it to the All - Star finals.

Vicky~I am next for Linger at my local library. Can’t wait!

Brienna~Use aloe it will help. How did you like Vampire Diaries? People think Stephenie Meyer is a bad writer I think L.J. Smith is. For example in the Circle of friends series( I think that is what it is called the main character will be at the beach then the next paragraph she is at a friends house with all her friends. Where you confused at any parts? I am not a huge fan however I bought all the books so whenever I get done reading a series I turn around and sell them.

MIssP~ Amazing girl on 95 lbs. You are almost there to your goal. Size 8 man hearing that is just pushing me to get my bum to the gym.Glad you had a great time on you vacation. All those drinks sound so yummy right about now. I use to hid in my home to after my weight gain. I was always skinny till I hit my mid 20’s and then lost all control. I loathe the way people view how people should look. I still have another 20lbs but have managed to a plateau in the last 6 months good news is I haven’t gained nor loss just stayed the same which is hard to do for that long.

Susie~getting you post numbers up. You can join in on the games here and watch you numbers soar.

Belluz~I hate what papz do to every celeb. They need boundaries! Great letter.

Raine~Sorry to hear EP was to much angst for you. For some reasoning reading or watching angst has never bothered me.

Will reply to all of todays post later tonight.

HUGS!
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Ladies – I hope everyone is OK……The Summer House was very quiet today!!

There was a period of 6 ½ hours with no activity – 11am-5:30pm my time!!!

Then there were only two posts! It must be because Caryn is out of town….

Diane – I love the idea of giving the Papz a taste of their own medicine! Flash them in the face constantly and see how they like that. I’ll work on a letter to Rob’s agent….

Jaclyn – I love the “swoon” pic!!! Lunch was fun – my friend is genuinely interested in all of you – she’s a bit of an introvert and would never have the courage to do what I’m doing, so she is a bit envious, I think!

Desiree – Good advice to get the post numbers up – games!! I very seldom stray from the Summer House since it is so comfy!!

Fi – I hope you are going to come back!!

Mel – Hello, wherever you are!!

JennJenn – I’m going to work on it now….

I’m sure we’ll be back to normal tomorrow for Hump Day!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Hi everyone

I hope you read my edited part of my last post because it really says what I am aiming at and that is to do something NOW with the situation with Rob.

Susie Good going. Can't wait to see it.
I will be trying to find out who the photographers are and please anyone I can use help in that area even if you can get a name of the company of one photographer so maybe we can get into their face with a camera and follow them around one weekend day and see how it infringes on their rights. The company pres. or vp or who is in charge of Rob Pattinson pics its things like this we can do that will hit them where they are not looking out for. Turn the tables on them. Use them, take pics, be pesky and annoying thats what will get to them fast. :D Good Luck Ladies and lets get these guys!! 8-)
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Middle of the week already. Quick post before I get caught up with work...

Susie - Of course I do :lol: . How can you doubt me I'm a good girl. Hahaha Ok not all the time but most of the time. Yeah I think most all girls school (did I mentioned I've gone to an all girls school back in college, gah yeah! I thought its gonna be boring as hell but I came to love it. I met a bunch of girls who became the best friends I ever had) are designed to have a 3 days weekend...I don't know why but its just the way it is. I meant to ask how's Dark Side of the Moon coming up? You should definitely read Emancipation Proclamation, its dark and angsty and I'm sure it will make you cry but its such a darn good story...

JennJenn - I'm up to 25 chapters already :lol: in EP. I'm trying to slow down my reading coz my heart can only take up to a certain degree in angsty and heartache, plus my tear ducts are dry already...but I totally agree its one heck of a fanfiction.

I meant to ask for those who already finished reading EP, is it only up to 77 chapters or is it still a work in process fiction???

Caryn - Cheers on your 13th viewing of Eclipse...

Marielle - Oh sorry about your car...I would have been totally mad too if it happened to me. Atleast your car is still intact...

Jaclyn - So nice of your bf to get you the Remember Me DVD's...Nice view from your workplace :lol:

Vicky - I got a copy of Linger! Yay, finally. I read the prologue but nothing more. I'm still bawling my eyes out for this little fanfic called Emancipation Proclamation...I just can't stop reading it so I might have to delay reading Linger for a bit. Anyway I know the gist of the story but as soon as I'm done with EP I'll get on Linger. I met with my book buddy yesterday to return my borrowed copy of Shiver and we got on talking about all the spoilers you shared me that pertains to Linger. :lol: We also swap books to read she lent me Percy Jackson and the Olympians while I lent her my copy of Mortal Instruments. Any of that rings any bells to you??? Yeah I think I haven't reply to a couple of your post in FB, but I read them. Maybe tonight I'll be able to :lol:

I think that's about it. I'll be back later
See your ladies...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~