Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 4

Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 4

Post by Fizzles »

Here is a link to the bloggers article. You can see from the comments at the bottom that he is just gonna get slammed for trying to sensationalize a non-story. He does not seem to have done his research and has just jumped to conclusions to garner attention.
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Lovely Ladies! It's so fun to get to know all of you.

Caryn - Thanks for being vigilant for us! That kind of thing makes me soo mad too! So unfair.

Laura - thanks for the link - What a donkey's rear end! Pulling the race card indeed! I hope this bites him back BIG.

Back to the upthread -

Caryn, Laura, Dazzled: I don't know what to think about the RobSten report. Of course, I'm naively optimistic, but if you pros say to be skeptical...... Do you think Rob will have to make a comment about the alleged comment? Then we'll have more news. So, we are skeptical about the announcement itself, not that they are dating, right? Because leaving the BAFTA after party in the same car together is a promising sign. By the way, is that pic posted on this thread? There's so much- I can't keep track. Also Caryn ----I hope you feel better soon!

Marielle - Don't worry, my obsession layers weren't in rank order (as noted). So, I guess HH is right up there until Eclipse comes out! I've been resisting Twitter too, but if that's how people communicate these days... Hey - Holland!!! Do you live in Amsterdam? I've been to Amsterdam three times and LOVE it - you have some beautiful men there!!! Very tall and strong looking!!! You see it right away at the airport. Yum!

SwanCullen - Sorry about the toothache - Darned health care in this country!!
Which fanfic is a good starting point?? All can advise!!

Ashley - I didn't know if Twitter was something just for the respected HH old timers or not. I'd be willing to come on board, but I need a few pointers!

Laura - I love the old pic - WHY does he look SO hot when he is walking??? It is a basic human movement, but, my god!! :o It's just like my favorite slo mo in New Moon towards the beginning when Edwards walks towards Bella in the school parking lot. When I get the DVD, I'm just going to play that over and over again! As Caryn would say, T H U D !
Fizzles

Post by Fizzles »

I have a Twitter account but I don't use it. I just don't 'get' it. I have made 3 tweets in over 6 months, follow very few people and have no followers. :lol: If I got it on my Crackberry then I probably would get into it but I have enough going on without another addiction. I miss the girls from here who post less now that they are tweeting.

Sue Ann - FanFic. Are you ready for it? Cause once you pop, you just won't stop! :lol: I'll tell you that I 'popped' to Wide Awake by Angstgoddess003. 9 months later and I've read well over a hundred stories about every subject imaginable. If you don't mind 'mature' stories then it's the best place to start. I could easily rattle off another 10 or 20 you should definitely read.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

are there good ones on fanfic.net? I haven't read any on there yet. Is that one from there? I need something to do online some more (oh yeah, like I really need more lol!!!)

Watching Suppernanny. If my kid at 10 pushed me into a wall and I got hurt like that? There would be no "naughty chair". They would get what I would have gotten had I done that to my mom, their butt wore out! That is just so wrong! I agree with Supernanny on a lot, but sometimes kids just need to get their butts busted!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Fizzles

Post by Fizzles »

I've only read a handful on twilighted. I prefer the format on ff.net. Wide Awake. We have a community on fanfic. If you want a completed story go towards the end of the list for those.Lex FanFic Community I also direct you over to the Fanfic Discussion Thread where we're always talking and giving out recommendations.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Thanks a bunch for the links! I used to read it alot YEARS ago, but with different subjects.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

Regarding the "Negros" comment by Rob... When I first read it, I figured he meant, "What if we acted like we say "Negros" Then nobody could hear anything we said at all." I STILL think that's what he meant. He was responding to an observation from the interviewer who was suggesting Rob was embarrassed by talking about being an "actor" and his "acting" to where he spoke the words like they were the equivalent of saying "Negro." There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT OBSERVATION. It wasn't racist in the least.

Rob, maybe because he was three beers down, or maybe because he was just being Rob, tried to find humor in the observation where there was none, and his response really wouldn't make much sense at all if taken out of context. He was not being racist either, unless using the word "Negros" in any context whatsoever is racist. Apparently the asshat blogger believes that to be the case. I do like the intelligent rebuttals his readers provided though, quite effective smackdowns, some of them.

Honestly, some people in the media are so reactionary when it comes to race, that they don't even try to decipher context nor meaning. I'd bet real money that blogger would go postal if someone used the word "niggardly" in an interview.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Susie~ Definitely, we are all still way on the side of Rob&Kristen shipping. It's just the report of the confirmation of which we are speculating. Again, assuming Rob and Kristen are Rob&Kristen, they have probably spent a great deal of time figuring out how they are going to handle their public appearances and what info is public and not. I suspect that they will be a couple on the lines of Beyonce and JayZ or... I don't know...Brand and Angelina (cringes at the thought of that comparison). By that, I mean they are going to be the couple that we know is together, but there is never an "official announcement" and they will be rarely seen "together" at events. They are both intensely private people and I think Kristen said it best when she said that some things just have to remain "our own". I absolutely agree. That isn't to say that my tender shipper heart won't melt at the thought of them together on a red carpet loving for all the world to see. But, I accept the reality that that is as likely to happen as (best quote ever, thank you Robsessed) Barack Obama and Rush Limbaugh being besties.

Essay33~ *stands and applauds, throws in a few bravas for good measure* Testify, sister!!!!

Jennifer~ Hmmmmm, ooooh there are so many many many great fanfics out there. It really depends on your consumption preference...are you looking canon? Are you looking human, OoC? Are you looing AU? Hmmmmmm...Wide Awake is most definitely one that many of us here cut our fanfic addiction teeth on. But, then, you also have The Dom/the sub/The Training, Tropic of Virgo, Clipped Wings & Inked Armour, Only Human, Emancipation Proclamation, The List, The Office, Starry Night, The ExFactor, The University of Edward Masen...and the list literally goes on and on and on. I am loving a bit of ff love that was published almost a year ago that I am just now getting to called A Life Extrairdinary. Mayhaps if you give us a general understanding of what tickles the fancy, we can help some. Definitely at the very least check out the Twilight FanFiction Discussion Thread over in Flight to Phoenix. It is a wealth of info and a great place for discussion....Just make sure you walk in peeking through your fingers lest the discussion spoil you.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

Hi Everyone!

First, you have to stop reading this and watch this awesome and beautiful Robsten Video. Robsten In love I love the way they look at each other. Notice at the :58/:59 mark when Chris W. is inbetween them, the look they give each other. It will make you melt.

So, I don't think I ever officially welcomed our newbies. Welcome to the Halfway House. This is the best place to be! Here is my welcome gift for you. And another because I'm a HUGE KStew supporter! I added Susie and dazzledBrit (Linz) to the member list. If you want to be added and I haven't done that for you, just send me a PM.

Caryn-Sorry you were sick and glad you are feeling better. I did see that pic of Robsten leaving together. Damn paps! I was glad to see they left together though. :-)

Susie-This place can be VERY addicting, so get the important stuff done first. And I can't take credit for my banner, it was Jade's idea. And regarding Kristen on the red carpet. She hates that stuff, and to me, her "awkwardness" is endearing. She has always been like that, and my guess is she always will be. That's what makes her so unique and different from typical "Hollywood." That's also what makes me heart her so much!

NewJen-Is that your son? How cute is HE!

Linz-I will politely beg to differ with you on Anna doing the red carpet better than Rob and Kristen. And the Sun is not a very credible source of info, so I don't believe that story. And Gossip Cop already debunked their story. We all know they are together, I don't need them to come out and admidt it.

Caryn-Great point about Kristen and Taylor presenting at the Oscars. I never even thought that it was maybe to push the Bella/Jafob relationship. It better not be like that for the Eclipse tour. Grrr!

Rob Being a Racist-That is just absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing more to say about that.
Fizzles wrote:I have a Twitter account but I don't use it. I just don't 'get' it. I have made 3 tweets in over 6 months, follow very few people and have no followers. :lol: If I got it on my Crackberry then I probably would get into it but I have enough going on without another addiction. I miss the girls from here who post less now that they are tweeting.
Laura-Awwww, this made me feel kinda sad. I'm sorry I haven't been posting as often. I promise to do better at posting more on here like I did before.

Kristen won "Woman of the Year" at the Elle Fashion Awards. Keep on rockin girl!!!!

Okay, talk to you girlies later!
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Hi girls. :) Nothing really new from me...just came to reply to others posts/get back in the swing of being on the Lex. *blames Twitter/fanfics*

Laura~Awww...I'm sorry. We were actually just talking about this. I think its just easier to say stuff there than having to log in and read through pages of stuff and all...its not that I don't like coming here/the Lex or anything, just easier on Twitter. Plus, being able to use it from my cell when I'm not home without having to use the crappy cell internet is good too. :) But I promise I'll try to come on here more again like Julie.

Linz~I saw that article by the sun a day or two ago. Like others have said, 1) its a tabloid and they do just about anything to sell mags and make money so its rare when something in them is true. 2) Its "The Sun" which is a highly uncredible source. Kinda like Perez Hilton is known for his stupid drawing via paint on all the pics he uses, The Sun is known for non credible stories. I never read their stuff for those exact reasons. And as someone already said, Gossip Cop - a very reliable source - already debunked that rumor.

Julie~I haven't told you yet, but I love that you and Jade made that gif banner for your siggie of KStew. When I first saw her being really careful with the award I had to laugh because it reminded me of the MTV Movie Awards so much. I think its cute how she wanted to be extra careful that she didn't break that one.

I think its sad that I have nothing else to really add right now.

Edit:
Am I the only one that didn't like this pic from the Details shoot? [SFW]
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed