Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aww! Now I understand the Beta thing Tilly –very cool. LOL at Shane for thinking I’m not real! Hehehe! Maybe I’m not – maybe I’m a very clever, very random computer programme? If Shane doesn’t think I’m real maybe I should do a Misty and chat to him online? Lol! :lol: *Hugs* for next weekend. Try not to think about it. What is a Bichon puppy? (maybe I should Wiki that sh*t)

Yay! Sarah is glad Jen joined in speaking in third person! Sarah also loves Yes Man and the genius of Jim Carey. After Sarah and her friends watch Yes Man they are energised to go out and live life...for about a day! LOL at Jen’s WA comments! “Nothing between us....”

Sarah wants to make more banners! Misty most definitely rules the Twilight saga and Lexily quotes, sayings and randomness banner making. But maybe if anyone wants a WA one maybe I can do it for them? (If you don’t mind Misty?)

hmm Pharmer intersting WA thought. To me the characters are completly different from Bella and Edward in Twilight so that actually makes perfect sense. I never thought of that. Very interesting... ;)

I muchos loved the fan made trailer – so much so it makes me want to see the film! But I cannot stand to have another book ruined :( Please don’t let me get caught up in the hype my Lexlings!
therealmrswhitlock wrote:OMJ---So I got on a WA binge last night. And we had a thunder storm. And I learned something. Darkward + Thunder + bedtime = VERY naughty dreams. First time I've had vivid non-scary dreams in years! I LOVED it! For some reason I find Darkward so much more attractive than cannon Edward. Maybe because he's f*ing irresistable! lol.

Also, I now have extremely strange and hard-to-explain reactions. For instance, today I made peanut butter cookies. I began to eat them, and started laughing uncontrollably and saying "peanut butter" over and over. Thankfully I was able to keep it quiet, so I didn't have to explain.

That is all.

I want some Black Leather Ladyfingers!
:lol: ROFL :lol: Jen you crack me up!

I’ve had a mental 4 days. My friend who has twins moved into her new house so I’ve spent all my time pretty much helping her get in and setteled, making sure she has everything she needs and babysitting. I also tried to help her out with some stuff becauseI figured I’d rather pay for some essential house stuff that she needs (like a bin, cutlery tray, curtain rail etc) and save her some money than nice housewarming stuff that actually she doesn’t need or have space for – she wasn’t having any of it though. Jeesh shes frustrating! :evil:

I had my interview today. Not really sure how it went – hard to tell and they had some REALLY tough questions too! Next stage is a 2nd interview that I think I’ll prob hear about tomorrow. I should probably be worrying but theres nothing else I can do now and I’m a big beliver in “Whatever will be will be” so lets see what happens. :)

You know I went to sleep last night listening to the WA playlist. For some reason it made me so sad - like proper sob myself to sleep sad :cry: I dont really know why but I think it may have been a combo of feeling alone and missing my ex (the idea of him - not him exactly though, we split up for very justified reasons that are still valid) and also it being a very hormonal time of the month (sorry Twiguys!) ah dontcha just love being a girl, all emotions and what not! I've decided I dont function well by myself. Not only do I want to have someone there to look after me but I want someone to take care of too....*sigh* ok I'll stop with the sad emotional ramblings. I think I'm definitly over tired.

Right on that note it's time for bed now. HUGE love to all my Lexlings! Love you all very much! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

I watched the trailer, and I appreciate the new scenes etc, but I wasn't all that impressed.

I think one of the issues is that I'm a dude, so getting to see the shape-shift transformation was my highlight, while the emotional side of things is the highlight for a lot of you guys.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the emotional stuff, but when it comes to movies, the visuals are pretty important to me.

Also, the narrative in the fan-made one, can someone explain to me how it makes sense, ie

"What should have been a night to remember, will turn into one she'll never forget"

that means the same thing. It's a but trite if you ask me - it's a bit, I don't know, twee. (twee is a term I use for things that seem to be done because it's trying to be clever, but failing"

The rest of it is ok though.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Aggi*
Settled in Forks

Post by Aggi* »

pharmer4 wrote:Also, the narrative in the fan-made one, can someone explain to me how it makes sense, ie

"What should have been a night to remember, will turn into one she'll never forget"

that means the same thing. It's a but trite if you ask me - it's a bit, I don't know, twee. (twee is a term I use for things that seem to be done because it's trying to be clever, but failing"
Let's see it from this point:

You want to make some things for another that are worth to remember. Remember something, is independent. You chose to do it.
Things you'll never forget on the other hand, can be horrible, sad things you don't want to remember, but there's no chance you can forget them. It's obsessional.

So, there's a little difference between the two messages.
See?
(My mind is forming odd wording, so I hope you understand my explanation. :D )

.~*Because of Edward Cullen I have unrealistic expectations in men*~.
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Sarah~ Ha, you talking to Shane. I could see that happening. He'd look at me and go who is that??? And then I'd have to explain who you are to him. But I think he's coming around to the fact that you're real. I was telling him about you again and he decided to hack into my facebook page. When he saw that you were a friend and that you had an actual picture up, he admitted defeat. And a Bichon is a fluffy prissy dog. Well when it's in show dog mode. They are almost like poodles in their poofyness, but they aren't poofy in select spots, they're poofy all over. Except for Bailey. Shane's parents don't keep him in show dog mode because well it's too much to handle. But he's the sweetest dog ever. When Shane and I pull up to his parents house on the weekend both of the dogs are sitting at the door waiting for us. And when Shane gets to the door he tells them to get back, and they don't listen. So then I walk in the door and I tell them to go upstairs and that I'll be up right behind them and they go upstairs and wait at the top for me to get there. As soon as I get there they start jumping around. So I sit down and they both jump in my lap. After while, Shane sits on the couch and Zuzu goes to sit with him while Bailey just sits in my lap with me. And we stay there until dinner. It's hysterical. And during dinner, Bailey sits under the table right at my feet. Or he lays next to me. It depends on how he's feeling. Oh and Zuzu is a Chinese Crested... you know the really ugly dogs that don't have hair. Well she's special. She's a reject. She has hair. Which makes her totally awesome.

Jen~ Aren't the WA dreams the best though. I swear some nights I freak Shane out when I have WA dreams. See I have Bella-itis. I talk in my sleep. So the worst part about WA dreams are the whole Bella-itis is that if I wake up the next morning and Shane's all weirded out by me, then I know I had a WA dream and not just a normal dream. I'm really glad that Shane knows about my love for Jasper and Edward. I swear sometimes I talk about them in my sleep and if Shane didn't know any better he'd think I was dreaming about some random guys.

I watched last weeks episode of NCIS and Tony and Ziva said Unicorn about four times in the span of a minute. I was laying on the couch dying of laughter. Shane looked at me and he was like okay now that it's spread into our daily lives, you need to explain this. So I got out the words Unicorn and euphemism and he was like do I really want to know? He came up with his own but I was like no... it's for the grand O word. And then I had to kindly remind him that they are hard to come by sometimes with women. He started laughing and rolling his eyes. And then I came up with a new signature to work on. I just need to find the time and the materials to do it. I told Sarah about it last night. It's going to have something to do with Hood down, Head up.

Tonight is nothing special. TV and a nice relaxing night in. Maybe work on some reading of normal books. I'll give Shane the computer and then try to finish Wuthering Heights. Then maybe I can move on to Crime and Punishment and get this whole book bet over and done with.

Okay I'm off to do some normal house work. (not really, but lets just keep that between us)

Later Gators
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Just to say Becca's safely at her parent's house where it's bloody raining!! WTF!! I came over here for summer people!!! :lol: 8-) :lol:
Within 5min of being in the airport her little sis rocked up and demanded her first morning be spent hanging out, and who was I to refuse?? :D
Becca needs to catch up with what people have been up to before she knows if she needs to reply to anyone.
Becca also decided she's just going to talk in the 3rd person for however long she wants seeing as she couldn't hang out on Saturday and left her dear lexling Sarah in the lurch.
Talk laters my lovelies! :mrgreen:
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

I think your right Pharmer – the one thing missing was the phasing. Adding that in would’ve made it perfect I think. Twee! Love it – never really heard it used in that context but I knew what you meant and it fits perfectly.

Excellent explanation Aggi!

Tilly! ROFL about Shane hacking your facebook to see if I’m real! :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHA that’s SO funny!!! Aww Bailey sounds so sweet. I really am more of a cat person though. I don’t mind dogs but I couldn’t own one – itd drive me mental!
My lips are sealed about not doing the housework, If your anything like me dusting is a bi-annual event at best!

Sarah loves that Becca has arrived safely but is gutted that its raining-whats that about? :x Sarah informs Becca that it was raining in the UK today too so its much of a much all over but still – that is not the point. *Does any anti rain dance to make it go somewhere there is currently a drought. Sarah knows not where this is but is sure Mother Nature will know and give the rain directions...*
Aww Sarah forgives Becca – Sarah understands completly that Becca was a very busy bunny :)

I’m so proud of myself, I did a good 40min workout on the Wii Fit to a My Chemical Romance soundtrack to energise me. It worked! But here is my dilemma – I bought Krispy Kreme donuts and I REALLY want to eat one whilst reading WA. But if I do it will undo all my hard work, BUT I was going to have one anyway so surely having one + exercise is way better than just having one? Hmmm..... :?

I didn’t get through to the second interview. But as I say it obviously wasn’t meant to be. My motivations weren’t right either, I was tempted by the amazing salary which in fundraising is v.v.v.bad – you should be tempted by the cause and/or role and the money is at least the third thing on the list. So thats probably Karma working away right there.

Sarah has realised that she is not only now posting daily but they are mammoth style posts. Sarah wonders when everyone will start to get sick of the sight of her rambling random posts.

Right off to read WA. ... Sweet dreams everyone! :mrgreen:

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

So I'm going to share my random idea with my Lexily:

This is the product of going to bed while craving cookies, having just recently read Gen Y posts about Wide Awake and WA cookies, and going through the motions of a very boring summer vacation :lol: :
I'm really wanting to put together a receipe book filled with the cookie receipes from Wide Awake - whether they are real receipes I find or ones I create myself and give the names from the different chapters. Reasons: 1) I love baking 2) WA provides great baking inspiration with those crazy cookie names 3) I just like WA and thats enough 4) I need something productive to do with my time :D
Since I know we basically having a mini WA fanclub/crack house going on here and a lot of people who like food (either cooking it or eating it), I figured I'd share my idea that is quickly becoming a plan.

Let me know if you want in on my crazy fan-girl project - I know there are some other baking WA crazies out there ;)
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

OMG! Ally - your a genius! I love it, I'm in, I wanna be a part of the crazy fan girl cookie project! We HAVE to include a receipe for "Double Rasberry Walnut...cherry chocolate chip delights" (I edited to avoid spoilers!)

LOVELOVELOVE the idea! Woo hoo! Excited-ness! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

HAHAHAHA Sarah I just read that chapter!! We also need to have Macadamia Unicorns. Definitely. My God I freaking love unicorns!! BTW, when I read the shiny f*ing curls thing and finally got your banner, I seriously laughed out loud. I've been bingeing on WA recently, haha. Now I need to go and see what happens when Bella gets a hold of the kitchen.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@ally, there already is a site who makes and shows the cookies of WA, AG posted a link to that site somewhere. You can get a lot of the receipts there.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/