Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I just read following news on the New Moon movie website

We’ve just received word that France and Belgium will be begin showing New Moon on November 18, 2009. In other words–sorry, New Zealanders, but you won’t be the first in the world to see New Moon like we believed initially.
France and Belgium will be viewing New Moon a full two days before the US! The French Twilight fansite Twilight France tracked down official confirmation from the distributor of the film in both countries–

So I contacted the SND, the company that distributes the film in France, in order to have a confirmation … And it just fall off! New Moon will be on French screens from Wednesday 18 November! [auto-translated from original French: J'ai donc contacté la SND , la société qui diffuse le film en France, afin d'avoir une confirmation ...Et elle vient tout juste de tomber ! New Moon sera sur les écrans français à partir du mercredi 18 novembre ! ] [Source]
I contacted BelgaFilms, the distributor of the Twilight saga in Belgium. And I have just received official confirmation: New Moon was released on Belgian screens on Wednesday 18 November, ie on the same day in France! [auto-translated from original French: J'ai donc pris contact avec BelgaFilms , le distributeur de la saga Twilight en Belgique. Et je viens tout juste de recevoir une confirmation officielle : New Moon sortira sur les écrans belges le mercredi 18 novembre , c'est-à-dire le même jour qu'en France ! ] [Source]

This says New Moon is to be released in Belgium at november 18th, 2 days before the US release date.
Soooo hoping this doesn't fall trough at the final minute. November is still far away and the US doesn't likes to be passed :p
It's likely though since new movies start in theaters somely on wednesdays.
So, great news!

If it doesn't falls through, anybody coming in?

Yay!!! So excited. Finally something Belgium is fast at. Twilight on dvd is only to be released in july.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

:( that is so unfair. Like 2 days of unfairness!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Luckely it's unfairness in my favor now :p

Hey, last time we had to wait a few days. We still don't have the dvd. Merchandising is unavailable here in Belgium...

So yay for the win!
If it doesn't fall through. *crosses fingers*

The only thing that scares me is that france is having it up for that date too. But France normally dubs the movies, and there's no way they'll be ready on time with it. But they'll probably screen the original first. They done that before.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

:lol: well that's okay. I'm from the Philippines.
I just hope there are no spoilers on the lex who will post
what will happen in the movie.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Aggi*
Settled in Forks

Post by Aggi* »

I envy you... in Germany we will have to wait till January.
January!!!
This is hell.
I don't know how I'm supposed to live through this.

.~*Because of Edward Cullen I have unrealistic expectations in men*~.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Don't freak out just yet. With twilight belgium was up for two months after the US release date too. It was pressed forward to a few days after the US, just a few weeks before the release day.

So, lets hope for you too! Does Germany dub? That could be the reason though.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Not unfair at all having to wait 2 days! try on 2½-3 months for a change... that's how long Finland would originally have had to wait for Twilight. In the end it turned out 2 months and a week or something like that.

And there was NO reason for it, since there was a riot over they not dubbing it (by all small fans who didn't know English good enough) they won't dub since it's +15years here. And they have decided that kids over 15 understand English enough to follow the subs
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I didn't get a good view of the trailer so I couldn't entirely tell, but at least Alice's hair seemed different. Ashley's hair at the awards did look shorter although it could have just been the way it was styled.

The kiss fake-out at the awards was hilarious. Kristen saying "Cookie" would have been really funny as well.

I didn't get a cake yesterday, but someone made a cake for me.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Velvet Voice
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Velvet Voice »

*waves to the newbies* hey there! :D

Ninna congrats on your sonogram, your baby already looks so cute :)

And congrats to Misty - our queen of banners - for Ninna's new one, love it, as if I needed to say it ;)
I also agree with you about the trailer, love the 2 "action" scenes, I think the phasing is great, hope we'll get to see lots of shreding clothes and barechested spaceheaters, in addition to barechested leeches <3 ... ok, can you guys hold on a sec, be right back........ ah ok there it goes, just had to fish my brain out of the gutter.....
Still, I find it a bit weird Rob doing any kind of "action", I love him as an actor, but why does it look even funny to me when he does some action? Oh well it's good to see him anyway :roll:

Lies I'd be glad to join for an early-premiere meeting, but are you ready to spend the whole movie translating what they say for me :?: Don't think that'd be annoying me tapping on your shoulder all the time, asking "what did he say? and she? ...and now, now what?"
Anyway, lucky lucky you if that happens, even though I'm not sure I get why they say Nov. 20 anyway then.. Couldn't it simply premiere Nov. 20 WORLDWIDE, why all this waiting around? *taps foot nervously*
*...Edward whispering Romeo's lines in my ear - his irresistible,
velvet voice...*

The Gen-Y rocks my Twilight socks
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

*Doing banner dance because MRK finally took pity and made her one, which Obie is promptly going to put up as soon as she gets home**chunky girl cartwheel*

I am now officially in a better mood. MRK made me a banner so nahhhhnanananana! Me so happy. I'm like Carrie at her prom BEFORE the pigs blood got dumped on her. Yeah! Thanks girl!

Ear is killing me, so I went to the doc this morning and it turns out I have an inner ear infection. So I'll be picking up some drops she prescribed on the way home and hopefully I'll be able to hear and touch that ear again!

I only watched the beginning of the movie awards but was totally cracking up at the Andy Samberg-standing-in-front-of-the-fan totally covered in crap! I love how they worked that and Rob looking like he's about to puke. Favorite line: looking at Edward, Andy says "Well well...who is that?" lmao. I saw Rob a couple of times in the audience at the beginning and is it wrong that I picture him in a black leather jacket eating cookies and saying "F*ing* a ton? Wide Awake has ruined me.

ok---just wanted to ramble and say thanks for the banner.

Obie
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.