Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

So I am excited, why am I excited? Well because tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Wooohooo. Glad this work week is almost over. Is this sad, but basically I am just looking forward to being able to sleep in. I have been absent the last few days. A massive headache/migraine decided to rock me and knock me off my socks, but not in a good way. And apparently because I love to share (my momma taught me well) I shared it with Becca too, sorry hun still love you. I still have my headache and WTF Grey’s is a re-run again. Stupid shows get you all hooked and then leave you hangin. Anyway short and sweet post, bc this is basically all I can handle right now…..

Shout out to Kiki and Ihavemylion . Welcome to the Gen Y thread. I am Dazzled/Dazz/Razzle Dazzle/Megan. Yeah we acquire a lot of names around here, but it is fun. I just turned 26 *ahem chokes a little bit* and I live in Chicago, IL.

Obs- sorry about the whole Lezzie situation. AKWARD. I mean glad she got it off her chest, but now where does that leave your friendship. Esp since you guys have been BFFs forever. I hope things can get back to a similar way they used to be, not sure if it will ever been the same though. Hmmmm see no one can resist your charms! Yous (yes that how we say it in Chi-town)needs to come out here stat for some shoe shopping, Chicago pizza and some Capone action. Wingwoman need to stick together. Plus I need to rub off some of those mad maneating skills of yours. Did your girls make their appearance during the interview? Is this why you got offered that position, hehe. LOL

Janny-I think Lush is expensive, not as in crazy a$$ but still pricey compared to other stuff. But BEX got me hooked on it and you all FEED the addiction talking about it all the time.

Ally- Heeeeeelllllllloooooo! Glad to know you haven’t died or been kidnapped, LOL. Aww you poor thing. We missed you! *huggles* And don’t you just love DADDY C!!!! hehehe. I love wide awake!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Nice meeting ya Dazz...lol.

I normally call myself Kiki-Dizzle...is that a little weird or what?

Your work week might be ending, but mine is still going...lol. I've just had two days off, and it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. I guess that's good...if I don't work for too long, I go stir crazy. So I guess that's okay.

I got the invitation to my one sister's wedding...can you say DRAMA? But, she's a drama queen anyway...I'm not talking about Tilly, because she's not a drama queen...haha. I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I should go. We don't see eye to eye...

Oh well, I'll make that decision later...anywho, off to watch this cool new show in a little bit called 'Harper's Island' ohmyCarlisle! It's Ahhhhhhmazing! Lol! If you like a good ol' fashioned whodunit, this is it...

I'mma go cuddle up with Rob now...loves you all!

Haha, yeah, in my dreams! Lol...
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Dazz~ I'm with you on the whole stupid Grey's being a rerun tonight. That just means it's a night of House and NCIS on USA until Grey's comes back. Which makes me happy because well I freaking love Doctor Robert Chase and Doctor Gregory House. And then to NCIS where I absolutely love Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo and Special Agent Timothy McGee. (tee hee hee) Plus Shane's in love with Abby so we both get to be happy with NCIS. Shane laughs at me and my love for Dr. Chase. I don't know maybe it's my love for an accent. I love his cute Aussie @$$. I guess that's where my devout love for Jackson comes from. Him and his hot southern-ness. *swoon*

@obie~ congrats on the job. As a reward I think I can let Jackson out to play. But I need him back in a week. Sound good to you?

I felt like crap today so you know what I did. I worked on some jazzy new signatures. I just need to finish them up in the next couple of days. I'll probably end up calling Shane sometime in the middle of the day to figure out how to finish. He taught me the basics and now I'm just refining my technique. I'm getting good too. I worked on this one banner that I completely reshaded and made pretty with a good quote. I have to work on this one too, but I'll get to that tomorrow. I'll make it all prettyful. Then I'll probably make more after I finish the ones I'm working on right now. Then again the amount of work I get done depends on the time I wake up.

Okay. Time to go fall in love with Tony now. :-)
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

I'm a really bad lexling. :( Haven't been "here" for quite some time now. Well technically, I'm here it's just that I'm reading everybody's posts and I just didn't comment on. BUT you can always catch me up on FB. I'm there always commenting on everybody's statuses, quizzes' results, posting lexily photos (lavettt) and sometimes messing around with other "always present" lexlings.

Just dropping by to say hello to my lexlings and to the newbies of course, I think there's Tilly, Kiki and Marlene. By the way, my name's Honey, 26. I really hope Ninna won't kick me out of here. *pleads*

love yah all my lexlings!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Happy Friday you guys!

Hope everyone is waking up (or going to bed---usually Honey is sleeping when I'm awake lol) to a great Friday! It's Forks-esque here in the Big D today---possible Tstorms and hail expected.

I am soooo tired today. More so than usual. My situation with my friend is resolved---but not in the way I wanted it to be. We were supposed to go out tonight but she decided to talk to me alone last night (thus why I was not on Facebook) and drove the 45min out to my house. It was more than weird---it was sort of just, well, emotionally draining. She's decided that since she laid it all out there and it is more than clear we will never be anything more than emotional soulmates (her corny line) that she can't be my friend anymore. It's too hard and too hurtful for her. She said she felt the need to say all this because of my medical crap because of the whole "time running out" thing she thought would happen last year. So I said fine---If she's willing to let this destroy our friggin friendship then I have to let that one go. It hurts---this was the chick that was my sister and probably knows more about me than anyone else----but I don't have the room or time for drama. See----this is why dudes don't want to hook up with chicks----so much friggin drama man, even the lezzies. Can you imagine TWO emotional women together? That's got to be like a demolition derby or something. But yeah, I'm ok----I learned a long time ago that people leave, even the ones you want to stay. It's just part of life and growing up, getting older, etc.

On lighter notes--------------

The Ruthicon is out today. Prepping for wedding. Prepping for wedding I hope to totally Owen Wilson crash.

I had crab cakes for dinner last night and they were delicious. Who knew something that Paris Hilton once had could taste so good on a bed of salad?

I shopped at Macy's yesterday. Clearance rack of course. Two shirts and thirty dollars later I'm addicted to Calvin Klein. I'm so bringing the 80s back.

Tonight is Zac Efron night. Shanna is beyond psyched. Weirdo.

All candy from Easter is dirt cheap. Why doesn't everyone wait to buy their kids candy the day after? Just makes more sense.

Yes, Razzle, I did have the girls out in full effect for that interview yesterday. Why else would they give me the job? I think I seriously put under sex on the application "Yes please".

Kiki---you and DHSHolly are both watching Harper's Island, a show I have never heard of. I want in.

Friday random facts (a new thing I'm instituting...tell me weird random things about you)

Obie is a former high school cheerleader. She hated it and after her first boyfriend dumped her, she gained 20 pounds and instead became a mascot---a huge horse. And it smelled in there.

Obie cannot sleep without white noise---usually the air conditioner or fan.

Obie can only drink sodas/tea/etc if they are EXTREMELY cold---she puts things in the freezer to get them that way. However, she can only eat soup and hot food EXTREMELY hot---usually making the poor waiters take things back and "nuke" them in the microwave.

Obie has a huge girl crush on Holly Hunter. If she was a dude, she would be the hottest dude ever.

Obie was the first one in her family to graduate high school(a year early too), and therefore the only one to go to college. She still has not finished. Obie was emancipated from the state when she was 15.

Obie has never been arrested. Obie has never gotten a speeding ticket.

Obie is a diet coke junkie---even though the caffeine free isn't as good----she can drink like 10 cans in a day.

Obie's biggest fear is crickets. She hates them. They hop.

Obie thought being on a Twilight board was sooooo freaking pathetic until she found this thread. Now she loves her virtual friends.

Your turn :D

Sending Friday love to Jas (dude..Lush is cheap compared to all the other crap we have here in Dallas), Megs, Becs, Holly (your package has been shipped:) Nocs, Silly Tilly, Cappu, Kiki, Homegirl Honey (that would sound stripper on anyone but you), Rosie, Cody, Marlene, Ninna, Ally and all the rest of my 20 something crew. Just remember:
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it----People like me!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Hmmmmmm Terry, I'm pondering my random facts here....

OK, I've had 5 surgeries under general anaesthetic, 4 above the neck, all medically necessary.

Local anaesthesia doesn't work on me, I need double doses and even then it wears off halfway through (please don't ask how I've discovered these facts, I've blocked the memories).

(why does my mind blank on these things?? I can think of everything except now... grrrr).

OK (after a break) I can't sleep in a hot room/room with no air circulating. I need open windows - J and I only close our bedrooom windows when we start to see our breath in the air (we don't have central heating, only an electric radiator in the bathroom and an oil radiator in the living room). Visiting my parents I always have to wrench the guestroom thermostat right down.

I hate spiders, twice in highschool my sister pulled down the visor in the passenger side of my car to find a massive spider sitting under it. The first time she launched herself over the seat into the backseat and started babbling. Once I saw what she was pointing at it took all of my self control to wait till I could pull in (30 secs of driving) and we used her flipflop to throw it out of the car.
The second time it happened I pulled over to get it out of the car, but it RAN AWAY! There was no way we were staying in that car with it, so we called the friends we were going to see, told them we couldn't make it, and locked the car up. It was mid-summer in Maine, so really hot out, so we went to the movies, had lunch, shopped, and decided after 4 hours that it was dead as a dodo. A dog wouldn't have lasted in that heat lol
My sister had a very big talking to after the second incident, about how leaving the window on her side down when we parked was not going to be tolerated anymore (living in the middle of the woods etc.).
I also hate that I hate spiders, I feel it's not mature of me, but I can't help it. A substitute teacher made a class of arachnophobes when I was 7 (stupid woman). Before that I actually had a pet spider!! Can you believe it.

I hate driving automatic cars when I visit my folks in the US, stick shift all the way baby.

I used to paint and do art in highschool, I wish I still did. I also used to write poetry back then - I cringe when I read that stuff now lol poor little teen with too many hormones haha

I also didn't go on any message boards till the lex here, and even then once I found my gen-Y lexily I stopped going to other threads. It's nice to have found people who get me, even so far away :)

OK, I'll think of much better random things to have told you once I've posted this, but c'est la vie!!

Terry dudette, will talk to you later about the Lezley stuff, sorry it went down like that :( breaking up with friends always sucks, no matter who instigates it (wow, that's a big word from my Friday brain! lol)
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

@Obie~ Silly Tilly. Hmm I think I may have to run with the new nickname. It sounds funny and I've been serious for way too long. I think that's why I'm completely okay with being silly over here.

Today isn't as bad as yesterday. At least I didn't fall asleep in the bathroom today. So we're on a good note. Pasta for dinner tonight which is fairly easy and pretty mindless so I can put on 93 Million Miles and just go. Ever since last week I've been 30STM obsessed. Right now my favorite song of theirs is 93 Million Miles. I was listening to I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy on Easter and I was reminded of Jacob Black. I have decided that I Don't Care is his new theme song. Kiki now hates me for that. I just laughed when she said that I ruined one of her favorite songs.

Happy Friday to you people! Fridays are always good. People ducking out of work early. Things of that nature. Fridays are good. Obie, I'm jealous of the Forks ness where you are. It's a freaking Phoenix day here. The sun is bright and shining which means the temp will be going up. Ewww I just checked at the high is 69 for today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 74. Which means dinner on the grill and outside at his parents house. That just means I get to read outside while Shane and his little brother toss the LAX ball around before dinner. They go out into the yard and I stay on the deck with his parent's Bichon Frise named Bailey. No he's not all poofed out like the ones you see in the dog show. They also have a Chinese Crested with hair. I know, I freaked out when I first saw her. I know it's wrong to have favorite, but I love Bailey more than I love Zuzu. If you noticed, they are named after the movie It's A Wonderful Life. His mom is like obsessed with that movie. Zuzu likes to demand attention from you so whenever I walk in the door, they freak out. When I finally get the chance to sit down they are both in my lap immediately. Shane says hello to his parents and the three of them usually walk out of the kitchen and into the living room to see me being attacked with tongues by the two dogs. Shane then calls Zuzu over to sit with him and I sit there with Bailey. It works nicely. Bailey is older than Zuzu so she tends to get more attention from everyone else but me. So I think that's why Bails loves me more. If I have a book in my hoodie then he gets fussy and he'll jump down until I pull it out. Then all I have to do is just nod my head and he jumps up into my lap. When I'm out on the deck, I usually just pick him up and put him in my lap because the chairs are really high up. So that's something to look forward to.

Okay Obie put some random things out there, I'll tell you completely random things about me.

Tilly is terrified of clowns. Literally. She hates them. She freaks out and start crying whenever one gets near her. Thank you It by Stephen King. Well the movie rather than the book.

Tilly has been a vampire fan for years. She fell in love with Louis from Interview With The Vampire, and he was her favorite Vamp until Jasper came along.

Tilly went to NYC a few months before the Twin Towers fell and her thought when she saw the skyline was well I better get a picture because it'll never look like this again. Creepy right?

Tilly is a Coke addict. More so with Diet Coke with Lime. She's just like Obie. She can drink 10 cans in a day.

Tilly has two tattoos. One is a triquetra, the first one done, and got it when she was 18. The other is a 16th note with TMB under it. TMB is her grandmother that died her first year in college. Then she plans on getting her kids names on her wrists like name bracelets.

Tilly can get really emotional over really stupid things. She cried the other night because her favorite wrestler got drafted to another show.

Tilly is tough as nails. She can take most pains without a problem. She just has to be worn down to break down.

Tilly is the first person in her family to attend college. She was the fifth person to graduate high school out of her siblings. One was a drop out.

Tilly is considered the spoiled brat of her family. But it's okay she understands that her parents learned how to raise kids and perfected the art on her.

Word. I'm out.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

random facts about me:

Lots of people(also in real life) think my real name is jasmine. Its not.

Im addicted to romance novels, yes the cheeky ones were they always end up together, with a dramatical pose on the cover.

Im a natural blonde. I was born with white hair, and it turned darker over the yrs. Im probably a mix of dark/gold blond now.

I miss having a big group of friends. I always had those when i was younger. But in the last few years, ppl betrayed me, and dissapointed me. For some reason i always end up with onlinefriends. nice, but i doesnt compare to the real thing. Taking your laptop to the movies or shopping might be weird.

Im the opposite of me. Im always choosing between my 2 sides which are always opposites. Im very analytical, logical and think everything through. But im also very dreamy, emotional and intuitive. Those 2 sides are always in conflict, every part of the day. Maybe thats why im always so tired.

I always choose the difficult road in life(those are my dads words). I dont do it on purpose, its just the way i am.

ive been in a big accident a few years ago. i was the only one without wounds, physcial ones that is. We were in a 9persons van, we tipped over 3 times, rolling down to a lower highway. I was the only one who remembered tipping over and rolling down. i think my head has been hurt, although nothing showed up when i was examined. My short term memories arent what they used to be, and it can get me really anxious and frustated

one day i was watching the news and i saw a chemical factory had blown up. the one that was right behind my parents house. I called them and nobody answered. Finally i found out they were somewhere on the other part of town. They had to run out of their home with the dog, because i big thunderball shot over them. Ive seen the pics, it looks like a mushroomcloud. I followed the news, and was furious because they published things that werent true. like ppl were allowed in their home, when i knew the whole street was cut off.

ive had eczema for all of my life, even when i wasnt born yet. Because of it, i have a high pain tolerance. Except for headaches, i cant stand those, i feel helpless when i have them.

i almost never take meds. Only the pill, an allergypill for my eczema, and very very rarely an asperin. A few yrs ago one apserin would knock me out. ive never even had antibiotics. And last yr was the first time ever in my conscious life i had my blood tested.(i was 26)

justice is important to me. I cant stand people getting away with stuff thats not right. i wish i could believe in karma, that would make things easier. then again, if i did, i would believe i had something done wrong before, cause lately we have had too much bad things going on. maybe its because my dads a cop, maybe its because deep down i believe in balance, but i have a deep need for justice.

theres so many many more, but thats maybe because im a pretty random person. :roll:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

OBIE! I love the Homegirl Honey name there lol! love that

Are we giving some random facts about our selves, so yeah I might give some too:

~Never joined any thread/forums whatever till I found Twilight Lexicon. I'm so happy that I found my lexlings.

~I'm the only one among Twilight fans in the whole freaking world who doesn't own a Twilight DVD yet. Don't ask me, I'm so done consoling myself anymore. But I think I'm going to have one soon.

~I'm going to have my first out of the country travel one month and a half now, which includes visiting Jackson's birthplace.

~I really want to live in Forks cos seriously it's 84F/29C right now and it's 2am *whew* Beat that!

love yah my lexlings!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Dude, I'm loving the random facts! I find that the most random of things are usually the most telling and most fascinating things about people. I constantly talk to myself when I'm alone---and not like regular chattering---I give myself interviews or hold conversations with famous people ALL THE TIME. Yesterday I was being interviewed by Rolling Stone---I apparently created a female superhero that is not only smokin hot, but she's a size 14 and she gets her kicks by hunting down rich CEOs and doing the whole Robin Hood thing. So I gave a whole thirty minute interview while on the can to Rolling Stone and also threw in the fact that I had a one night stand with Rob Pattinson and he was "adequate at best". Rob is going to be livid---and more than eager to prove me wrong. ;)

Jasmine's real name is Gertrude. She just doesn't want to fess up. She's afraid we'd call her Gerdie. I totally would too. And I'm with Becs---there is no reason for spiders to exist in my realm dude. I am currently dealing with a bunch of "wolf spiders" (no, the spiders don't look like Jacob dudes) so the pest peeps are coming out tomorrow to get rid of the stupid things. I have actually pulled a Higgles and jumped out of my car (almost moving) and waited a freaking spider out---actually, I waited an hour for ex hubs to get off work and come and kill it. Glad he found it amusing. Every time I tell the tale, the spider grows in size as well. I'm telling you, it was as big as a plate!

Ok...I know I'm in the minority on this---but I freaking love Jacob. I do. I'm all about Jacob. All the fanfic I read either excludes him or makes him out to be horrid. I always thought Jake was the best----Bella was the flake dude. Is Taylor legal yet so I can include him in fantasy spank bankin?

It always amazes me that Homegirl Honey is up with us---I think she stays up just to humor us. You may go get to see where Jack was born, but I'm going to go see where he lives---as soon as the restraining order is up lol.

Last random fact I'll mention:

Hubs saw Rob Pattinson. I only glanced. But I breathed his air lol. It was before Twilight was even on my radar. The dude was at the Dallas Galleria Hot Topic. Hubs was like---pssss....pssss.....That's the guy! I didn't know nor did I care---I was already mad at poor Rob for making sure I had to park in the far away garage thanks to all the tweens (ugh) lining up a day beforehand. So yeah, Hubs saw him----he looks like he needs a sammich. Very lanky. I think that's why I have a prob with picturing the dude as Eddie----if you read the books, he seems built--more Emmett-ish. Oh well.

Friday almost over. Taking Lu to a "Jubilee" tomorrow---that's redneck code for carnival to all you more refined peeps----Lu loves seeing lights and I hear they will have fireworks and some sort of chili cookoff--because that's how we roll out in the country yall!

Muah!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.