Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by remylebeauishot »

Hello?... Hello?...Is anyone out there?...Hello?...*GULP*...Hello???
Can't get enough FFic!!! Argh!!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hey there! I think everyone is one vacation. It's been slow all over the boards. It sounds hollow around here without all the chatter, doesn't it? Loved the post, by the way. The GULP was cute. :D
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

*chirp*chirp* chirp*

I hear crickets.

Are any of you planning on watching the new season of True Blood? I started watching last season, but the acting was terrible (IMO) and don't know if I can stand to watch again. If you catch it tonight, tell me what you think.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm not sure if I will watch it. There is just so much gratuitous baking that wasn't in the books. It feels like it distracts from the main story in my opinion. I'm not sure if I will watch it this season.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Hi, I'm going to watch True Blood because I am interested to see how they are going to have the story progress. They have strayed so far from the books already it will be interesting to see just how far they go. I really thought they went over board with the "gratuitous baking" as Una said. My husband decided to watch this series with me when it started last season which I thought was nice because he wanted to be more involved with the things I am interested in and when all the "gratuitous baking" came on I was totally embarrassed. I explained that the books were not that full of that kind of activity. He laughed and said "sure"! Any way I don't see how they can stick to the story line very well now with the changes they have already made.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I'm glad to know that others feel the same way I do about the series. A friend who knows I like vampire books gave me the DVD of the series, and I didn't make it past the first episode. I couldn't follow the plot and hated the acting. All the overly hormoned pairings were simply gross and took away from the story line. I was totally disappointed with it.

So, are the books a lot better? I decided not to try them in case they were like the series. If you have read them, let me know, please. I need some good summer reading that does not include gratuitous sex.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Openhome- I am a bit shy when it comes to paranormal romance. And, I loved the Southern Vampire series/Sookie Stackhouse books. There is some baking, but it isn't every second and there is definitely interesting story line that keeps you hooked. From those that have read the books and seen the show I have heard that the show is nothing like the books. I really enjoyed the books and would recommend them to anyone who doesn't mind a few sex scenes and likes quirking characters.

I have free HBO for some reason tonight and I turned it to TrueBlood for a minute to see and I didn't recognize any of the characters and I turned it back to basketball. Now I'm not even watching that.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Thanks bac. I will need to get my hands on a few copies, they sound so much better than the tv series! By the way, I love the sigy and avatar! Very cool.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Openhome, the books are far superior to the show. I really recommend you read the first book and see what you think. Most libraries carry the series if that helps!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Thanks for all the recommendations for the Sookie books. Is the series complete, or are there more books in the works? I STILL need to get the most recent HON book.